RemedySpot.com

Homemade Electrolyte Fluid Replacement Solution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Homemade Electrolyte Fluid Replacement Solution: I checked with my doctor/s and I've received the 'go-ahead' to make and consume this recipe,.... Please check with Your own doctor/s regarding the suitability of this mixture for Your personal health-issues. I've been consuming this for around two days so far, and I have to say that the flavour is 'different', (in a similar-way that Pedialyte can be rather 'odd' at first,....but it does 'grow-on-one' IMPO) In any case, it's essentially flavourless, and can accept whatever flavour/s that one chooses,....rather than the 'disgusting'-(IMPO)-flavours that Pedialyte has to offer. Keep an eye-out for the carb-level/s, if that's an issue for You as well./mouth-feel *********************************************************************************************************** I was looking for a 'better' recipe to make my own "electrolyte" fluid-replacement solution. Here is the 'best-recipe' that I could find so far. 1 quart (950 ml) water½ teaspoon (2.5 g) baking soda½ teaspoon (2.5 g) table salt (I'd use Sea Salt)3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 g) sugar (or half-sugar/half-Splenda-?......ALL Splenda-?) (I don't usually add any sugar/sweetener, however, if I were ILL and couldn't eat and/or was vomiting/diarrhea then I'd add the sugar)If available, add ¼ teaspoon (1.25 g) salt substitute (such as “Lite Salt”). (for the Potassium, the Potassium is quite important IMPO-) Adjust the amounts to make a gallon at a time if desired. Pedialyte is

SO expensive that I was wanting to be able to make my own "electrolyte" fluid-replacement solution. (for 'sick-days'/exercise etc.)