RemedySpot.com

Re: RE: Another Problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I KNOW! I have to make it through the last flare of RA though. I was put on more Prednisone over the weekend since I was worst than ever and within a day, I was up and about. In fact, I put together an exercise machine myself tonight. Of course, I couldn't tighten all the bolts as well as they should be, but a few days ago, I wouldn't have been able to get it out of the box.

I spoke with an old friend yesterday too. He tx'd about 6 years ago (3X a week injections) and has been clear ever since. He was the best man at my wedding and I last saw him about 15 years ago when my maid of honor passed away - her liver shut down at age 41. So it was good news to hear that he's doing so well.

I saw a bird's nest in the tree outside my front door recently and yesterday, I saw a robin in there. It made me feel good and very hopeful for the spring :) A good omen I hope.

For all of us.....

Dorothy RE: Another ProblemTo: Hepatitis_C_Central > > wow, you're almost done,, congrats honey!> > >

Have you discussed with your doc whether or not you should extend your tx because of taking the prednisone? I know thats not what you want to hear but I am just wondering,, the pred suppresses your immune system and right now while you are on tx, you need to have your immune system running at top speed.. dorv@... wrote: I KNOW! I have to make it through the last flare of RA though. I was put on more Prednisone over the weekend since I was worst than ever and within a day, I was up and about. In fact, I put together an exercise machine myself tonight. Of course, I couldn't tighten all the bolts as well as they should be, but a few days ago, I wouldn't have been able to get it out of the box. I spoke with an old friend yesterday too. He tx'd about 6 years ago (3X a week injections) and has been clear ever since. He was the best man at my wedding and I last saw him about 15 years ago when my maid of honor passed away - her liver shut down at age

41. So it was good news to hear that he's doing so well. I saw a bird's nest in the tree outside my front door recently and yesterday, I saw a robin in there. It made me feel good and very hopeful for the spring :) A good omen I hope. For all of us..... Dorothy RE: Another ProblemTo: Hepatitis_C_Central > > wow, you're almost done,, congrats honey!> > > Jackie

No, but it's a good suggestion. I will ask him when I call today for this week's blood work. My dentist did tell me yesterday that he would never do any dental work while I'm on pred since the healing time is extended.

My liver doc probably isn't even aware of the pred since he wasn't in the day I called for an approval to take it (RX'd by rheumatologist) and one of his associates took the call.

You're right, I don't want to hear it, but if it will make a difference, I'll do what I have to do and it looks like I'll have the extra meds! Re: RE: Another ProblemTo: Hepatitis_C_Central > > Have you discussed with your doc whether or not you should > extend your tx because of taking the prednisone? I know thats > not what you want to hear but I am just wondering,, the pred > suppresses your immune system and right now while you are on tx, > you need to have your immune system running at top speed..> > >

No, but it's a good suggestion. I will ask him when I call today for this week's blood work. My dentist did tell me yesterday that he would never do any dental work while I'm on pred since the healing time is extended.

My liver doc probably isn't even aware of the pred since he wasn't in the day I called for an approval to take it (RX'd by rheumatologist) and one of his associates took the call.

You're right, I don't want to hear it, but if it will make a difference, I'll do what I have to do and it looks like I'll have the extra meds! Re: RE: Another ProblemTo: Hepatitis_C_Central > > Have you discussed with your doc whether or not you should > extend your tx because of taking the prednisone? I know thats > not what you want to hear but I am just wondering,, the pred > suppresses your immune system and right now while you are on tx, > you need to have your immune system running at top speed..> > >