RemedySpot.com

RE: Another Problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes, call the peggasist nurse to seek advice, and hopefully they will replace that syringe of medication.. and be sure to let us know what they say.. I never had this happen while I was on tx so I dont know how to answer your question,, I hope they will replace it tho! jax dorv@... wrote: Seems like what can go wrong for me lately, goes wrong. Last night was shot #17 of 24 (yeah!) I usually draw the plunger back on the syringe to check for blood as the nurse had instructed me and, well.....last night there was blood! Shit I thought!! So I took another syringe out and did it all over again with no blood. So now, I had an unused syringe full of interferon that I'm to toss. I'll call the pharmacy on Monday (last week I left the Procrit out all night!) to find out how I get that replaced now. Since my insurance is pre-approved for 24 weeks, will they just give me another one? And what if it had been the last syringe in that

box and I didn't have another one to do the scheduled shot? I guess I would have called the Pegassist group for advice. Anyone have this happen to them? Jackie

I did save it so I'll call them on Monday morning. And I can't imagine what I hit to draw blood since I was in a "fleshy" part of my abdomen.

Dorothy Re: Another ProblemTo: Hepatitis_C_Central > > yes, call the peggasist nurse to seek advice, and hopefully > they will replace that syringe of medication.. and be sure to > let us know what they say.. I never had this happen while I was > on tx so I dont know how to answer your question,, I hope they > will replace it tho!> jax> > >

well I sure hope that you can still use it, but if you drew blood into the syringe, its probably gonna have to be wasted,, dorv@... wrote: I did save it so I'll call them on Monday morning. And I can't imagine what I hit to draw blood since I was in a "fleshy" part of my abdomen. Dorothy Re: Another ProblemTo: Hepatitis_C_Central > > yes, call the peggasist nurse to seek advice, and hopefully > they will replace that syringe of medication.. and be sure to > let us know what they say.. I never had this happen while I was > on tx so I dont know how to answer your question,, I hope they > will replace it tho!> jax> > > Jackie

I fully expect that it's trash, but just saved it in case the pharmacy can "exchange" it. I figured I was better off keeping the evidence in case the drug company wants it, which I doubt.

Wise thinking hon,, let us know what you find out! dorv@... wrote: I

fully expect that it's trash, but just saved it in case the pharmacy can "exchange" it. I figured I was better off keeping the evidence in case the drug company wants it, which I doubt. Jackie

Well, I called the Pegasys nurse-line and

first she asked if I called my pharmacy – I said no, I thought I would

call you first. She said call your pharmacy and if they can’t help to

replace the syringe, call your doctor’s office. If they can’t help……call

us back and we’ll see what we can do.

I asked her what I would have done if I

had blood in the syringe and I didn’t have another one. She said you

should always have your next supply available. So I said, well what if it is

my LAST scheduled injection………….well………

Anyway, it looks like my pharmacy will

just order me an extra box of 4. I’ll just pay the co-pay and I’ll

be sure that I will have one to replace the destroyed syringe and also have 3

spares in case I need one during the next 7 weeks just in case this might

happen again. Since my insurance approval was for six 4-packs, I didn’t

think I could get a 7th box, but the pharmacist said he’d take

care of it.

I did tell him that I DIDN’T WANT

ANY EXTRA RIBAVIRIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie on

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008

7:18 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: Re:

Another Problem

yes, call the peggasist nurse to seek advice, and

hopefully they will replace that syringe of medication.. and be sure to let

us know what they say.. I never had this happen while I was on tx so I dont

know how to answer your question,, I hope they will replace it tho!

jax

dorvoptonline (DOT) net

wrote:

Seems like what can go wrong for me lately, goes wrong.

Last night was shot #17 of 24 (yeah!) I usually draw the plunger

back on the syringe to check for blood as the nurse had instructed me and,

well.....last night there was blood! Shit I thought!!

So I took another syringe out and did it all over again with no

blood. So now, I had an unused syringe full of interferon that I'm to

toss. I'll call the pharmacy on Monday (last week I left the

Procrit out all night!) to find out how I get that replaced now.

Since my insurance is pre-approved for 24 weeks, will they just give me another

one? And what if it had been the last syringe in that box and I didn't

have another one to do the scheduled shot? I guess I would have called

the Pegassist group for advice.

well dorothy, if it were me and this IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE,, but if it were me, I'd pull the syringe out, and slighly eject a drop of the meds to move the blood out of the syringe, and then I'd just inject it into a site a little bit away from the original site, I'd pull back on the synringe to make sure I wasnt in another blood vessel, then I'd just inject it.. If you have cleaned the skin properly before the first injection, the area around it should also be clean.. but THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO BUT IM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO DO IT THEMSELVES.. and now that you still have the syringe and its been so much time, I certainly would NOT inject it now, lol jax Dorothy wrote: Well, I called the Pegasys nurse-line and first she asked if I called my pharmacy – I said no, I thought I would call you first. She said call your pharmacy and if they can’t

help to replace the syringe, call your doctor’s office. If they can’t help……call us back and we’ll see what we can do. I asked her what I would have done if I had blood in the syringe and I didn’t have another one. She said you should always have your next supply available. So I said, well what if it is my LAST scheduled injection………….well……… Anyway, it looks like my pharmacy

will just order me an extra box of 4. I’ll just pay the co-pay and I’ll be sure that I will have one to replace the destroyed syringe and also have 3 spares in case I need one during the next 7 weeks just in case this might happen again. Since my insurance approval was for six 4-packs, I didn’t think I could get a 7th box, but the pharmacist said he’d take care of it. I did tell him that I DIDN’T WANT ANY EXTRA RIBAVIRIN!!!!!!!!!!! Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent:

Saturday, January 05, 2008 7:18 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Another Problem yes, call the peggasist nurse to seek advice, and hopefully they will replace that syringe of medication.. and be sure to let us know what they say.. I never had this happen while

I was on tx so I dont know how to answer your question,, I hope they will replace it tho! jax dorvoptonline (DOT) net wrote: Seems like what can go wrong for me lately, goes wrong. Last night was shot #17 of 24 (yeah!) I usually draw the plunger back on the syringe to check for blood as the nurse had instructed me and, well.....last night there was blood! Shit I thought!! So I took another syringe out and did it all over again with no blood. So now, I had an unused syringe full of interferon that I'm to toss. I'll call the pharmacy on Monday (last week I left the Procrit out all night!) to find out how I get that replaced now. Since my insurance is pre-approved for 24 weeks,

will they just give me another one? And what if it had been the last syringe in that box and I didn't have another one to do the scheduled shot? I guess I would have called the Pegassist group for advice. Jackie

No, I finally threw it out today anyway.

I asked the nurse about using it and she gave me the story about once you break

the skin and bacteria, blah blah blah.

I wasn’t very concerned with that, I

was more concerned with injecting blood. But it’s not a big deal. I

think I pay $15 for 4 of the prefilled syringes so I’ll splurge and

celebrate when I have left overs on Feb 22nd J

And I won’t have to stress about it

happening again if I know I have a couple of extras.

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie on

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008

8:56 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: RE:

Another Problem

well dorothy, if it were me and this IS NOT MEDICAL

ADVICE,, but if it were me, I'd pull the syringe out, and slighly eject a

drop of the meds to move the blood out of the syringe, and then I'd just

inject it into a site a little bit away from the original site, I'd pull back

on the synringe to make sure I wasnt in another blood vessel, then I'd just

inject it.. If you have cleaned the skin properly before the first

injection, the area around it should also be clean..

but THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO BUT IM NOT TELLING

ANYONE TO DO IT THEMSELVES.. and now that you still have the syringe and its

been so much time, I certainly would NOT inject it now, lol

jax

wow, you're almost done,, congrats honey! Dorothy wrote: No, I finally threw it out today anyway. I asked the nurse about using it and she gave me the story about once you break the skin and bacteria, blah blah blah. I wasn’t very concerned with that, I was more concerned with injecting blood. But it’s not a big deal. I think I pay $15 for 4 of the prefilled syringes so I’ll splurge and celebrate when I have left overs on Feb 22nd J And I won’t have to stress about it happening again if I know I have a couple of extras. From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:56 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Another Problem well dorothy, if it were me and this IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE,, but if it were me, I'd pull the syringe out, and slighly eject a drop of the meds to move the blood out of the syringe, and then I'd just inject it into a site a little bit away from the original site, I'd pull back on the synringe to make sure I wasnt in another blood vessel, then I'd just inject it.. If you have cleaned the skin properly before the first injection, the area around it should also be clean.. but THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO BUT IM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO DO IT THEMSELVES.. and now that you still have the syringe and its been so much time, I certainly would NOT inject it now,

lol jax Jackie