RemedySpot.com

Re: The end is in sight

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Deborah,I myself am waiting for the arrival of Incivek and of course Peginterferon alfa and Ribavirin. This will be my 3rd and final time (i'm sure) on Peginterferon and Ribavirin but my first time on Incivek. I know what to expect since I have been on two of the three already and of course I know it could be a bit rougher (I hope I can handle it for last time was really rough) and I know I need to have faith in God and pray that this won't be the worst of the 2 previous..they were hard enough on me mentally and physically. I look forward to the day that I only have 4 months to go and I know I need to show up as undetectable somewhat after 4 weeks but definitely after 12 weeks and if it is still positive I am done until I get a new liver or pass on.

Please keep my updated on your outcome and good luck!Love,Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:57 PM Subject: The end is in sight

Just four more weeks on Victrelis and then four additional months on PegIntron and Ribavirin to finish up. I'm hoping that the most bothersome side effects will at least lessen once I stop the Victrelis. Having a hard day today, but keeping my spirits up and enjoying being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been undetectable since the end of the second month on the Victrelis, so I'm thinking this just might work this time.

Deborah

I did 4 weeks of Reba and Interferon and then I am only doing 12 weeks on Victrelis. They say that if I am still undetected I am done?? I have 5 weeks left and have been undetected since week 3.

It has been hard. Tired, sick to my stomach, had hives (their gone) had muscle issues (they are subsiding) fevers almost every night and I manage that with 1 Advil. I really have 3 hours a day of energy and then the couch it is. Anyone with questions feel free to write me.

Subject: Re: The end is in sightTo: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Monday, January 16, 2012, 10:57 AM

Hi Deborah,

I myself am waiting for the arrival of Incivek and of course Peginterferon alfa and Ribavirin. This will be my 3rd and final time (i'm sure) on Peginterferon and Ribavirin but my first time on Incivek. I know what to expect since I have been on two of the three already and of course I know it could be a bit rougher (I hope I can handle it for last time was really rough) and I know I need to have faith in God and pray that this won't be the worst of the 2 previous..they were hard enough on me mentally and physically. I look forward to the day that I only have 4 months to go and I know I need to show up as undetectable somewhat after 4 weeks but definitely after 12 weeks and if it is still positive I am done until I get a new liver or pass on.

Please keep my updated on your outcome and good luck!

Love,

Sheila

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:57 PMSubject: The end is in sight

Just four more weeks on Victrelis and then four additional months on PegIntron and Ribavirin to finish up. I'm hoping that the most bothersome side effects will at least lessen once I stop the Victrelis. Having a hard day today, but keeping my spirits up and enjoying being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been undetectable since the end of the second month on the Victrelis, so I'm thinking this just might work this time.Deborah

Im so sorry you had such a bad time Sheila.. were you on an antidepressant? The SSRI's really help the sides while on tx.. I hope you can treat one last time and reach SVR!

hugs,

jax

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:57 AMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Deborah,

I myself am waiting for the arrival of Incivek and of course Peginterferon alfa and Ribavirin. This will be my 3rd and final time (i'm sure) on Peginterferon and Ribavirin but my first time on Incivek. I know what to expect since I have been on two of the three already and of course I know it could be a bit rougher (I hope I can handle it for last time was really rough) and I know I need to have faith in God and pray that this won't be the worst of the 2 previous..they were hard enough on me mentally and physically. I look forward to the day that I only have 4 months to go and I know I need to show up as undetectable somewhat after 4 weeks but definitely after 12 weeks and if it is still positive I am done until I get a new liver or pass on.

Love,

Sheila

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:57 PMSubject: The end is in sight

Just four more weeks on Victrelis and then four additional months on PegIntron and Ribavirin to finish up. I'm hoping that the most bothersome side effects will at least lessen once I stop the Victrelis. Having a hard day today, but keeping my spirits up and enjoying being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been undetectable since the end of the second month on the Victrelis, so I'm thinking this just might work this time.Deborah

The first time was in 2000 and things have changed quite a bit since then. I was even told at that time it was ok to drink alcohol just don't over do it and I lost quite a bit of weight but didn't take a happy pill (antidepressant) then.I had a different doctor for my second time in September of 2006 and as it is today, alcohol was a no no! I did quite drinking alcohol in February of 2006 for I got 2 DUI's in a ten month period (amazing how things happen for a reason) and I knew that night while sitting in jail that I had to quit drinking alcohol and started going to AA the next morning and haven't had a drink since (obviously wasn't concerned about alcohol and hepatitis, yet). I honestly feel if I didn't

have Hep C though, I would be drinking again and drive and that would either kill myself and/or others but I know my liver will not tolerate it and I don't want to die. I see a different gastroenterologist now (have for 5 years now) and he is a great doctor. When I started seeing him and told him how depressed I was while on the medicine he was not surprised for he said the medicine is very hard on the body. I asked my regular doctor to up the antidepressant for this time around on the Hep C med (which he did) and hopefully things will go a lot easier then previous.Any other advice anyone can give me, please do. I should receive the medicine tomorrow (Tuesday) and I do have to take 20grams of fat 1/2 hour before taking the Incivek (and the problem there is??? lol) which is for what I have "Hepatitis C, Genotype 1" and that will be for 12 weeks. If the virus is undetectable

after that 12 weeks, I will continue the peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for a total of 48 weeks hopefully this time around will be it. Thank you very much Jax for your thoughts and I know others are with me while I am on this journey and I thank you too.Love always,Sheila To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:19 PM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

Im so sorry you had such a bad time Sheila.. were you on an antidepressant? The SSRI's really help the sides while on tx.. I hope you can treat one last time and reach SVR!

hugs,

jax

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:57 AMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Hi,I am near the end of my treatment. I too took alcohol the last time I was treated and relapsed years ago. I think alcohol is whyI relapsed. There is a protein that alcohol stimulates that contributes to replication of HCV while reducing the effects of the antiviral. Stay strong and don't drink. My way of avoiding drinking during treatment has been to have a 's medium frosty (420 calories) or ice cream. Another thing I found that works is forcing myself to walk in the woods, parks, trails, especiallywith someone else or a dog. Praying is also a way to rise above the physical pain of the treatment. Buena

suerte,Maurice To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:15 PM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

The first time was in 2000 and things have changed quite a bit since then. I was even told at that time it was ok to drink alcohol just don't over do it and I lost quite a bit of weight but didn't take a happy pill (antidepressant) then.I had a different doctor for my second time in September of 2006 and as it is today, alcohol was a no no! I did quite drinking alcohol in February of 2006 for I got 2 DUI's in a ten month period (amazing how things happen for a reason) and I knew that night while sitting in jail that I had to quit drinking alcohol and started going to AA the next morning and haven't had a drink since (obviously wasn't concerned about alcohol and hepatitis, yet). I honestly feel if I didn't

have Hep C though, I would be drinking again and drive and that would either kill myself and/or others but I know my liver will not tolerate it and I don't want to die. I see a different gastroenterologist now (have for 5 years now) and he is a great doctor. When I started seeing him and told him how depressed I was while on the medicine he was not surprised for he said the medicine is very hard on the body. I asked my regular doctor to up the antidepressant for this time around on the Hep C med (which he did) and hopefully things will go a lot easier then previous.Any other advice anyone can give me, please do. I should receive the medicine tomorrow (Tuesday) and I do have to take 20grams of fat 1/2 hour before taking the Incivek (and the problem there is??? lol) which is for what I have "Hepatitis C, Genotype 1" and that will be for 12 weeks. If the virus is undetectable

after that 12 weeks, I will continue the peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for a total of 48 weeks hopefully this time around will be it. Thank you very much Jax for your thoughts and I know others are with me while I am on this journey and I thank you too.Love always,Sheila To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:19 PM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

hugs,

jax

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Hi ,Thanks for your reply. I believe I have to do a 48 week total since I have Genotype 1. This will be my first time on the meds and not working, hopefully that will make a difference.Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:46 PM

Subject: Re: The end is in sight

I did 4 weeks of Reba and Interferon and then I am only doing 12 weeks on Victrelis. They say that if I am still undetected I am done?? I have 5 weeks left and have been undetected since week 3.

It has been hard. Tired, sick to my stomach, had hives (their gone) had muscle issues (they are subsiding) fevers almost every night and I manage that with 1 Advil. I really have 3 hours a day of energy and then the couch it is. Anyone with questions feel free to write me.

Subject: Re: The end is in sightTo: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Monday, January 16, 2012, 10:57 AM

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Hi Maurice,Thank you also for your reply. I do know alcohol is a big no no and respect that (as my body respects me for not drinking). I know I need to stop thinking it is going to be as bad if not worse then the last two times and take one day at a time and stick with the Lord getting me through the next year.Thanks again,Sheila To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:17 AM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi,I am near the end of my treatment. I too took alcohol the last time I was treated and relapsed years ago. I think alcohol is whyI relapsed. There is a protein that alcohol stimulates that contributes to replication of HCV while reducing the effects of the antiviral. Stay strong and don't drink. My way of avoiding drinking during treatment has been to have a 's medium frosty (420 calories) or ice cream. Another thing I found that works is forcing myself to walk in the woods, parks, trails, especiallywith someone else or a dog. Praying is also a way to rise above the physical pain of the treatment. Buena

suerte,Maurice To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:15 PM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

hugs,

jax

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Hi Shelia...

I have never heard anyone use the slang "happy pill" for an anti-depressant that really suffered from clinical depression. I have tried almost all of them and none of them made me feel "happy". Are they better than nothing? "Some would say yes". Do they save lives? "Probably"...but happy, I don't think so. If you've found one that does make you happy, please let me know which one you are referring too so I can ask my doctor about it. I am glad you are being treated for HCG1. I hope you can stop drinking while on the treatment. I know it's tough..Have a great Day!!!...GG

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:52 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Maurice,

Thank you also for your reply. I do know alcohol is a big no no and respect that (as my body respects me for not drinking). I know I need to stop thinking it is going to be as bad if not worse then the last two times and take one day at a time and stick with the Lord getting me through the next year.

Thanks again,

Sheila

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:17 AMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi,

I am near the end of my treatment. I too took alcohol the last time I was treated and relapsed years ago. I think alcohol is why

I relapsed. There is a protein that alcohol stimulates that contributes to replication of HCV while reducing the effects of the

antiviral. Stay strong and don't drink. My way of avoiding drinking during treatment has been to have a 's medium

frosty (420 calories) or ice cream. Another thing I found that works is forcing myself to walk in the woods, parks, trails, especially

with someone else or a dog. Praying is also a way to rise above the physical pain of the treatment.

Buena suerte,

Maurice

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:15 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

The first time was in 2000 and things have changed quite a bit since then. I was even told at that time it was ok to drink alcohol just don't over do it and I lost quite a bit of weight but didn't take a happy pill (antidepressant) then.

I had a different doctor for my second time in September of 2006 and as it is today, alcohol was a no no! I did quite drinking alcohol in February of 2006 for I got 2 DUI's in a ten month period (amazing how things happen for a reason) and I knew that night while sitting in jail that I had to quit drinking alcohol and started going to AA the next morning and haven't had a drink since (obviously wasn't concerned about alcohol and hepatitis, yet).

I honestly feel if I didn't have Hep C though, I would be drinking again and drive and that would either kill myself and/or others but I know my liver will not tolerate it and I don't want to die. I see a different gastroenterologist now (have for 5 years now) and he is a great doctor. When I started seeing him and told him how depressed I was while on the medicine he was not surprised for he said the medicine is very hard on the body. I asked my regular doctor to up the antidepressant for this time around on the Hep C med (which he did) and hopefully things will go a lot easier then previous.

Any other advice anyone can give me, please do. I should receive the medicine tomorrow (Tuesday) and I do have to take 20grams of fat 1/2 hour before taking the Incivek (and the problem there is??? lol) which is for what I have "Hepatitis C, Genotype 1" and that will be for 12 weeks. If the virus is undetectable after that 12 weeks, I will continue the peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for a total of 48 weeks hopefully this time around will be it. Thank you very much Jax for your thoughts and I know others are with me while I am on this journey and I thank you too.

Love always,

Sheila

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:19 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

hugs,

jax

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

HI ,I really can't say where I got the "happy" pill from but (to me anyway) depression makes someone unhappy, sad and an antidepressant is suppose to take some depression away which for most would make them feel a bit more positive. Also, I do not drink alcohol and haven't since 2006 (as mentioned in my previous email) and thank you for the good luck for this will be my 3rd and final treatment. From: Gray

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:20 PM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Shelia...

I have never heard anyone use the slang "happy pill" for an anti-depressant that really suffered from clinical depression. I have tried almost all of them and none of them made me feel "happy". Are they better than nothing? "Some would say yes". Do they save lives? "Probably"...but happy, I don't think so. If you've found one that does make you happy, please let me know which one you are referring too so I can ask my doctor about it. I am glad you are being treated for HCG1. I hope you can stop drinking while on the treatment. I know it's tough..Have a great Day!!!...GG

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:52 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Maurice,

Thank you also for your reply. I do know alcohol is a big no no and respect that (as my body respects me for not drinking). I know I need to stop thinking it is going to be as bad if not worse then the last two times and take one day at a time and stick with the Lord getting me through the next year.

Thanks again,

Sheila

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:17 AMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi,

I am near the end of my treatment. I too took alcohol the last time I was treated and relapsed years ago. I think alcohol is why

I relapsed. There is a protein that alcohol stimulates that contributes to replication of HCV while reducing the effects of the

antiviral. Stay strong and don't drink. My way of avoiding drinking during treatment has been to have a 's medium

frosty (420 calories) or ice cream. Another thing I found that works is forcing myself to walk in the woods, parks, trails, especially

with someone else or a dog. Praying is also a way to rise above the physical pain of the treatment.

Buena suerte,

Maurice

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:15 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

The first time was in 2000 and things have changed quite a bit since then. I was even told at that time it was ok to drink alcohol just don't over do it and I lost quite a bit of weight but didn't take a happy pill (antidepressant) then.

I had a different doctor for my second time in September of 2006 and as it is today, alcohol was a no no! I did quite drinking alcohol in February of 2006 for I got 2 DUI's in a ten month period (amazing how things happen for a reason) and I knew that night while sitting in jail that I had to quit drinking alcohol and started going to AA the next morning and haven't had a drink since (obviously wasn't concerned about alcohol and hepatitis, yet).

I honestly feel if I didn't have Hep C though, I would be drinking again and drive and that would either kill myself and/or others but I know my liver will not tolerate it and I don't want to die. I see a different gastroenterologist now (have for 5 years now) and he is a great doctor. When I started seeing him and told him how depressed I was while on the medicine he was not surprised for he said the medicine is very hard on the body. I asked my regular doctor to up the antidepressant for this time around on the Hep C med (which he did) and hopefully things will go a lot easier then previous.

Any other advice anyone can give me, please do. I should receive the medicine tomorrow (Tuesday) and I do have to take 20grams of fat 1/2 hour before taking the Incivek (and the problem there is??? lol) which is for what I have "Hepatitis C, Genotype 1" and that will be for 12 weeks. If the virus is undetectable after that 12 weeks, I will continue the peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for a total of 48 weeks hopefully this time around will be it. Thank you very much Jax for your thoughts and I know others are with me while I am on this journey and I thank you too.

Love always,

Sheila

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:19 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

hugs,

jax

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Hi Shelia...

I haven't been on the site for awhile. I can tell by your response that you do not suffer clinical depression or you hide it well like I used too. I am glad you can still joke about a serious illness like HEP-C and Depression. Humor is therapy. In a weird way I was hoping you really did have a happy pill. I am so sorry you are on your 3rd go of this. I got treatment late, and developed other issues because I was hard headed. I hope everything works out ok, and if I could help I would...GG

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:43 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

HI ,

I really can't say where I got the "happy" pill from but (to me anyway) depression makes someone unhappy, sad and an antidepressant is suppose to take some depression away which for most would make them feel a bit more positive.

Also, I do not drink alcohol and haven't since 2006 (as mentioned in my previous email) and thank you for the good luck for this will be my 3rd and final treatment.

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:20 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Shelia...

Hi Maurice,

Thanks again,

Sheila

Hi,

Buena suerte,

Maurice

Love always,

Sheila

hugs,

jax

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Hi ,If I don't keep busy I get depressed and when I was on the medicine I was very depressed the majority of the time. I really do believe trusting in the Lord is where my more positive attitude comes from today, unless I try to run my life then I start getting miserable again (I didn't start having full faith until 2010 and I am 51 years old). The one thing AA (which I don't attend any longer for I knew I needed to have complete faith in God and AA doesn't discuss "GOD" but a higher power) and Church has showed me that everything negative that happens in my life, has happened for a reason and I can't change it (Hepatitis C for example), it is here, done (when you really think about it, all that has happened is

here).I did ask my doctor to give me stronger medicine since I am going to attempt the Hep C therapy one more time and hopefully I won't be as unhappy and depressed as I was in previous treatments.You are helping me , by communicating with me and I wish to do the same for you. I myself had wet my bed until I was 12 years old, sucked my thumb till I was 13, had epilepsy (thank God for surgery) from age 12-32, had my colon tear and was using a bag to "poop" in that was sticking on my belly where they cut me open, had two DUI's and lost my license in 2006 and am still on a breathalizer, Have Hepatitis C, etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on but I think I've said enough. I no longer fear death for I won't have any illnesses, bills, won't have to get up by an alarm clock and I have trust that one day, Jesus will return and I am

more then ready for that. Someone who doesn't believe will be put in a grave when they pass and once again, no illnesses, bills, etc. I don't want to die but as I said, I don't fear it. I quit my job recently for I am a hard worker and I was a contractor for the federal government. There are so many people who slack as a government employee that I couldn't take it anymore, it seemed I dropped my work ethic or move on and I moved on. So I am volunteering my time to those in need and I see what other people have in their lives and I pretty much stop feeling sorry for myself. Ok, enough from me. I do live in NC , how about you? Are you close by? I could always use help with volunteer work.Love,Sheila

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:07 PM Subject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Shelia...

I haven't been on the site for awhile. I can tell by your response that you do not suffer clinical depression or you hide it well like I used too. I am glad you can still joke about a serious illness like HEP-C and Depression. Humor is therapy. In a weird way I was hoping you really did have a happy pill. I am so sorry you are on your 3rd go of this. I got treatment late, and developed other issues because I was hard headed. I hope everything works out ok, and if I could help I would...GG

Hi Sheila...

I would love to have your strong faith. Defining faith for me is a paradigm shift or spiritual experience that I have not had the opportunity to experience yet. Have a great day!!!

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:38 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi ,

If I don't keep busy I get depressed and when I was on the medicine I was very depressed the majority of the time. I really do believe trusting in the Lord is where my more positive attitude comes from today, unless I try to run my life then I start getting miserable again (I didn't start having full faith until 2010 and I am 51 years old). The one thing AA (which I don't attend any longer for I knew I needed to have complete faith in God and AA doesn't discuss "GOD" but a higher power) and Church has showed me that everything negative that happens in my life, has happened for a reason and I can't change it (Hepatitis C for example), it is here, done (when you really think about it, all that has happened is here).

I did ask my doctor to give me stronger medicine since I am going to attempt the Hep C therapy one more time and hopefully I won't be as unhappy and depressed as I was in previous treatments.

You are helping me , by communicating with me and I wish to do the same for you. I myself had wet my bed until I was 12 years old, sucked my thumb till I was 13, had epilepsy (thank God for surgery) from age 12-32, had my colon tear and was using a bag to "poop" in that was sticking on my belly where they cut me open, had two DUI's and lost my license in 2006 and am still on a breathalizer, Have Hepatitis C, etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on but I think I've said enough. I no longer fear death for I won't have any illnesses, bills, won't have to get up by an alarm clock and I have trust that one day, Jesus will return and I am more then ready for that. Someone who doesn't believe will be put in a grave when they pass and once again, no illnesses, bills, etc. I don't want to die but as I said, I don't fear it.

I quit my job recently for I am a hard worker and I was a contractor for the federal government. There are so many people who slack as a government employee that I couldn't take it anymore, it seemed I dropped my work ethic or move on and I moved on. So I am volunteering my time to those in need and I see what other people have in their lives and I pretty much stop feeling sorry for myself. Ok, enough from me. I do live in NC , how about you? Are you close by? I could always use help with volunteer work.

Love,

Sheila

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:07 PMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Shelia...

, I think about you every day. I pray that this is IT! You ahve been a trooper girl!

I am getting ready to start end of March. They told me I had to be cleared by a shrink and the eye dr. Will take care of that Feb 7th.

I send my love and prayers to you..

Steph

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:46 AMSubject: Re: The end is in sight

Hi Deborah,

Love,

Sheila

Dear Deborah,Would you tell the group what the most bothersome side effects were?Best regards,Jan P.Na Tranh To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Tuesday,

January 17, 2012 1:57 AM Subject: The end is in sight

Just four more weeks on Victrelis and then four additional months on PegIntron and Ribavirin to finish up. I'm hoping that the most bothersome side effects will at least lessen once I stop the Victrelis. Having a hard day today, but keeping my spirits up and enjoying being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been undetectable since the end of the second month on the Victrelis, so I'm thinking this just might work this time.

Deborah

Sure. Of course, I have the usual flu-like symptoms caused by the Peg-Intron

and Ribavirin. Some problems with low hemoglobin, but managed with Procrit.

For me the worst has been both diarrhea (mostly in the beginning) and now

constipation, and some nausea. These are really bothersome and causing me some

continuous pain and discomfort. But overall, I think I've been very lucky. I

know some people have more trouble with both low hemoglobin and low white blood

counts. I also have a very mild rash around my mid-section and have lost a lot

of hair. I've been able to continue working even though I have a job where I am

continually on my feet and moving around.

I know it's not a fun subject, but I would be curious to hear if anyone else is

having problems with constipation on Victrelis, and if they have found anything

that really works. It is literally a pain-in-the-butt!

Deborah

>

>

>

> Dear Deborah,

>

> Would you tell the group what the most bothersome side effects were?

>

> Best regards,

>

> Jan P.

> Na Tranh

>

>

> >________________________________

> >

> >To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> >Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:57 AM

> >Subject: The end is in sight

> >

> >

> > 

> >Just four more weeks on Victrelis and then four additional months on

PegIntron and Ribavirin to finish up. I'm hoping that the most bothersome side

effects will at least lessen once I stop the Victrelis. Having a hard day

today, but keeping my spirits up and enjoying being able to see a light at the

end of the tunnel. I've been undetectable since the end of the second month on

the Victrelis, so I'm thinking this just might work this time.

> >

> >Deborah

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Deborah

>

>

>

> Dear Deborah,

>

>

> Best regards,

>

> Jan P.

> Na Tranh

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> > 

> >

> >Deborah

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Deborah

>

>

>

> Dear Deborah,

>

>

> Best regards,

>

> Jan P.

> Na Tranh

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> > 

> >

> >Deborah

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>