RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Procrit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hear of many people taking Procrit still and can't help wondering what the heck my heatologist was talking anout. It still makes me mad that I could not take it and that he told me ALL HepC eople wree cut off.I wuit going to him because I had the same tests with other docs, but still wonder. Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Thank you Steve for answering this,, I agree, if your doc is watching you closely, then taking aspirin is probably ok, unless you were allergic to it or something,.., And with chest pains, it probably over rides the risk of taking it and so the benefits do outweigh the risk,, Are you having chest pains because you are anemic and dont have enough red blood cells and are not able to carry enough hemoglobin? Maybe they need to give you procrit if you are anemic,, I agree with you that you have to trust your doc and if you feel that your doc is one you like , that is a good thing,, so you should follow your docs advice,thanks again for answering my questions about the aspirin,,jackie

Sharon, When I first needed procrit, my gastro refused to write it because initially he said my insurance wouldnt pay for it, then we found it it would, and when it really came down to where the rubber meets the road, it was because he did NOT know how to write the script and I had to tell him,, so its possible that your doc is not giving you the straight answer because he doesnt know the answer.. MOST ppl on hep c treatment ARE STILL getting procrit and are NOT cut off,,WHY your doc is telling you that, I have no idea but I believe its really not the truth! and I'd be mad too,, to have to put your life at further risk by using blood products that could have lord knows

what in it instead of procrit is totally insane! SHARON CROSBY wrote: I hear of many people taking Procrit still and can't help wondering what the heck my heatologist was talking anout. It still makes me mad that I could not take it and that

he told me ALL HepC eople wree cut off. I wuit going to him because I had the same tests with other docs, but still wonder. Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Thank you Steve for answering this,, I agree, if your doc is watching you closely, then taking aspirin is probably ok, unless you were allergic to it or something,.., And with chest pains, it probably over rides the risk of taking it and so the benefits do outweigh the risk,, Are

you having chest pains because you are anemic and dont have enough red blood cells and are not able to carry enough hemoglobin? Maybe they need to give you procrit if you are anemic,, I agree with you that you have to trust your doc and if you feel that your doc is one you like , that is a good thing,, so you should follow your docs advice, thanks again for answering my questions about the aspirin,, jackie Jackie

At first, I refused to get transfusions, since that's what got me here in the first place. But I felt so terribly weak and out of breath that I agreed. What he told me is that there is a national battle in the courts to get HepC victims permission from the FDA to use procrit. Since then, I've passed all that and am in remission, but I'm finding that what he said was not true at all. He refused to name the anemia as anything else but drug induced and so I could not use that to get the procrit. Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson Re: Re: Procrit Sharon,When I first needed procrit, my gastro refused to write it because initially he said my insurance wouldnt pay for it, then we found it it would, and when it really came down to where the rubber meets the road, it was because he did NOT know how to write the script and I had to tell him,, so its possible that your doc is not giving you the straight answer because he doesnt know the answer.. MOST ppl on hep c treatment ARE STILL getting procrit and are NOT cut off,,WHY your doc is telling you that, I have no idea but I believe its really not the truth! and I'd be mad too,, to have to put your life at further risk by using blood products that could have lord knows what in it instead of procrit is totally insane!

well he should have referred you to either an oncologist or hematologist who would know how to get it for you.. it sounds like he just didnt want you to have it.. why I dont know, but I'd certainly have issues with a doc who wouldnt go to bat for me to get what I needed... but you had to do something,, I remember how anemic you were getting , SHARON CROSBY wrote: At first, I refused to get transfusions, since that's what got me here in the first place. But I felt so terribly weak and out of breath that I agreed. What he told me is that there is a national battle in the courts to get HepC victims permission from the FDA to use procrit. Since then, I've passed all that and am in remission, but I'm finding that what he said was not true at all. He refused to name the anemia as anything else but drug induced and so I could not use that to get the procrit. Sharon in NW

WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson Re: Re: Procrit Sharon, When I first needed procrit, my gastro refused to write it because initially he said my insurance wouldnt pay for it, then we found it it would, and when it really came down to where the rubber meets the road, it was because he did NOT know how to write the script and I had to tell him,, so its possible that your doc is not giving you the straight answer because he doesnt know the answer.. MOST ppl on hep c treatment ARE STILL getting procrit and are NOT cut off,,WHY your doc is telling you that, I have no idea but I believe its really not the truth! and I'd be mad too,, to have to put your life at further risk by using blood products that could have lord knows what in it instead of procrit is totally insane! Jackie

Jackie, this WAS a hemalologist who told me all this.Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson Re: Re: Procrit well he should have referred you to either an oncologist or hematologist who would know how to get it for you.. it sounds like he just didnt want you to have it.. why I dont know, but I'd certainly have issues with a doc who wouldnt go to bat for me to get what I needed... but you had to do something,, I remember how anemic you were getting ,

SHARON CROSBY wrote: Jackie, this WAS a hemalologist who told me all this. Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson Re: Re: Procrit well he should have referred you to either an oncologist or hematologist who would know how to get it for you.. it sounds like he just didnt want you to have it.. why I dont know, but I'd certainly have issues with a doc who wouldnt go to

bat for me to get what I needed... but you had to do something,, I remember how anemic you were getting ,

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Doesn't make much sense since those with anemia from their cancer treatment can sure get it. My doctor refused, too, Sharon, but simply said I wasn't a candidate... There is still such a huge stigma to having Hepatitis C, which I find most unfair, but it is what is.. Sheena SHARON CROSBY wrote: At first, I refused to get transfusions, since that's what got me here in the first place. But I felt so terribly weak and out of breath that I agreed. What he told me is that there is a national battle in the courts to get HepC victims permission from the FDA to use procrit. Since then, I've passed all that and am in remission, but I'm finding that what he said was not true at all. He refused to name the anemia as anything else but drug induced and so I could not use that to get the procrit. Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson Re: Re: Procrit Sharon, When I first needed procrit, my gastro refused to write it because initially he said my insurance

wouldnt pay for it, then we found it it would, and when it really came down to where the rubber meets the road, it was because he did NOT know how to write the script and I had to tell him,, so its possible that your doc is not giving you the straight answer because he doesnt know the answer.. MOST ppl on hep c treatment ARE STILL getting procrit and are NOT cut off,,WHY your doc is telling you that, I have no idea but I believe its really not the truth! and I'd be mad too,, to have to put your life at further risk by using blood products that could have lord knows what in it instead of procrit is totally insane!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

well that stinks hon,, I didnt know that it was a hepatologist.. Sheena wrote: SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: Jackie, this WAS a hemalologist who told me all this. Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson Re: Re: Procrit well he should have referred you to either an oncologist or hematologist who would know how to get it for you.. it sounds like he just didnt want you to have it.. why I dont know, but I'd certainly have issues with a doc who wouldnt go to bat for me to get what I needed... but you had to do something,, I remember how anemic you were getting , Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie