Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Please seek medical advice for what you are doing - the problem is not lack of

iron - the problem is likely becuase the red blood cells burst from meds, so

there is no cell for the iron to stick to. You are absolutely right about the

vit C binding with the iron, but that means the iron is likely being stored in

your liver and now the liver has to work harder. Only your doc can tell you if

you need iron - it is a simple blood test. In the meantime, if hemoglobin starts

to drop, perhaps you need EPO - again - only MD can advise. Good luck.

Lucinda

>

> Wanted to give you guys an update for I'm did my fifth shot last night. I am

a 48 week patient so I have a long road ahead and as I've read from others this

is also my third and last attempt and I am genotype 1A. I stopped drinking

Twist UP from walmart because of the ingredients and only drink water as the

doctor has prescribed.

>

> My red blood cell count went from a 14.0 in January to a 9.1 two weeks ago and

I have been extremely week and it is because of lack of iron. I thought I

needed to take more iron and that hurt more then helped (my doctor's nurse

didn't call me back for 3 days and hopefully that will not happen again) but I

definitely didn't need to add Iron as a club member told me (thank you very

much) and they did a total blood test Monday.

>

> One thing I did start doing is eating a lot of vit c for the say that helps

the iron that is in your body go where it is needed and I have noticed a big

change daily once I get some fruit in me. My red blood cells have gone back up

to an 11.0 which is really a positive test result and the doctor with call me in

2-3 weeks for the results of the viral load (I was over 6,000,000). Once I get

those results I will let all of you know.

>

> I am pretty much resting daily and getting a lot of sleep and I can't imagine

how I worked full-time both attempts at meds in the past. I hope everyone is

doing well.

>

> Love,

> Sheila

>

Hey Lucinda, The doctor did a ferritin test and yes, it is high. Should be 11-307 and my result was 331.8. I have thrown my iron away and I give thanks to members on this page for that. My start of the meds (1/25/12-today) has showed the following info: HGB (hemoglobin)1/31: 14.02/7: 10.42/14: 9.12/20: 11.6 So eating fruit and drinking OJ in the am for the vit c has been worth it. Thanks to all again for being

here. Sincerely,Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:03 PM Subject: Re: Update on Incivek, Pegasys and ribavirin

Hi,

Please seek medical advice for what you are doing - the problem is not lack of iron - the problem is likely becuase the red blood cells burst from meds, so there is no cell for the iron to stick to. You are absolutely right about the vit C binding with the iron, but that means the iron is likely being stored in your liver and now the liver has to work harder. Only your doc can tell you if you need iron - it is a simple blood test. In the meantime, if hemoglobin starts to drop, perhaps you need EPO - again - only MD can advise. Good luck.

Lucinda

>

> Wanted to give you guys an update for I'm did my fifth shot last night. I am a 48 week patient so I have a long road ahead and as I've read from others this is also my third and last attempt and I am genotype 1A. I stopped drinking Twist UP from walmart because of the ingredients and only drink water as the doctor has prescribed.

>

> My red blood cell count went from a 14.0 in January to a 9.1 two weeks ago and I have been extremely week and it is because of lack of iron. I thought I needed to take more iron and that hurt more then helped (my doctor's nurse didn't call me back for 3 days and hopefully that will not happen again) but I definitely didn't need to add Iron as a club member told me (thank you very much) and they did a total blood test Monday.

>

> One thing I did start doing is eating a lot of vit c for the say that helps the iron that is in your body go where it is needed and I have noticed a big change daily once I get some fruit in me. My red blood cells have gone back up to an 11.0 which is really a positive test result and the doctor with call me in 2-3 weeks for the results of the viral load (I was over 6,000,000). Once I get those results I will let all of you know.

>

> I am pretty much resting daily and getting a lot of sleep and I can't imagine how I worked full-time both attempts at meds in the past. I hope everyone is doing well.

>

> Love,

> Sheila

>

Hey Lucinda, The doctor did a ferritin test and yes, it is high. Should be 11-307 and my result was 331.8. I have thrown my iron away and I give thanks to members on this page for that. My start of the meds (1/25/12-today) has showed the following info: HGB (hemoglobin)1/31: 14.02/7: 10.42/14: 9.12/20: 11.6 So eating fruit and drinking OJ in the am for the vit c has been worth it. Thanks to all again for being

here. Sincerely,Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:03 PM Subject: Re: Update on Incivek, Pegasys and ribavirin

Hi,

Please seek medical advice for what you are doing - the problem is not lack of iron - the problem is likely becuase the red blood cells burst from meds, so there is no cell for the iron to stick to. You are absolutely right about the vit C binding with the iron, but that means the iron is likely being stored in your liver and now the liver has to work harder. Only your doc can tell you if you need iron - it is a simple blood test. In the meantime, if hemoglobin starts to drop, perhaps you need EPO - again - only MD can advise. Good luck.

Lucinda

>

> Wanted to give you guys an update for I'm did my fifth shot last night. I am a 48 week patient so I have a long road ahead and as I've read from others this is also my third and last attempt and I am genotype 1A. I stopped drinking Twist UP from walmart because of the ingredients and only drink water as the doctor has prescribed.

>

> My red blood cell count went from a 14.0 in January to a 9.1 two weeks ago and I have been extremely week and it is because of lack of iron. I thought I needed to take more iron and that hurt more then helped (my doctor's nurse didn't call me back for 3 days and hopefully that will not happen again) but I definitely didn't need to add Iron as a club member told me (thank you very much) and they did a total blood test Monday.

>

> One thing I did start doing is eating a lot of vit c for the say that helps the iron that is in your body go where it is needed and I have noticed a big change daily once I get some fruit in me. My red blood cells have gone back up to an 11.0 which is really a positive test result and the doctor with call me in 2-3 weeks for the results of the viral load (I was over 6,000,000). Once I get those results I will let all of you know.

>

> I am pretty much resting daily and getting a lot of sleep and I can't imagine how I worked full-time both attempts at meds in the past. I hope everyone is doing well.

>

> Love,

> Sheila

>

Hi,

Lucinda

>

>

>

>

>

> Love,

> Sheila

>