RemedySpot.com

Re: I.B.S.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Butch,

What does your doctor have to say about your IBD? If you're having those kinds of problems, I wouldn't rely on OTC meds without first checking with your doctor. Pain medication can and does cause constipation. I hope that you can see your doctor about your IBD.

When I first started having symptoms, I made some dietary changes - lots of raw or lightly steamed veggies, yogurt, fruit, brown rice - lots of fiber and plenty of good water. But for me, the gluten seemed to be the key - since I quit eating that, I have few if any IBD symptoms.

Medication can have a lot to do with things - I never really took any OTC stuff - just changed my diet. Of course, I didn't have ulcerative colitis or anything seriously wrong - gluten intolerance can lead to that because of ongoing damage to your intestines.

Here are a few links for IBD info -

Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Dietary and Lifestyle Recommendations to improve symptoms

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/inflammatory-bowel-disease-dietary.html

Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Linked to Foods?

Those with diarrhea-prominent IBS had markedly higher levels of the antibody IgG4 for wheat, beef, pork, and soybean.

Those with constipation-prominent IBS had markedly higher IgG4 levels for wheat, lamb, beef, and pork.

Those with alternating IBS had markedly higher IgG4 levels for wheat, beef, and pork.

http://www.webmd.com/ibs/news/20050714/is-irritable-bowel-syndrome-linked-to-foods

Hope this helps - and hope that my links go through - I think a few of the last one's that I sent got chopped off.....

Good luck!

M

Hey everyoneI have heard several people talk about irritable bowel syndrom.It has become a MAJOR problemo for me..I have been on pain meds for a long time and know that is most of problem, I may also have a colan problem.I was wandering if anyone knows a fix for it. The over the counter stuff quit working and food budjit is almost neel so need a cheepo fix.Sorry for all the misspellings "think that was one LOL"Thanks,Take care and have a fantastic dayPS: I just found a site that pays very well for greeting card poems if anyone wants link. E-mail me or give permision and will post it.butchholland2002Butch Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Butch,

As far as I'm aware there is NO CURE for IBS either. My " lovely " Dr told me

that I'm just going to have to learn to live with it. He obviously doesn't

have IBS!

I've been " living with it " for about 4 years now and I believe mine was

brought on by the trauma of my soulmates passing. I've tried most OTC meds

until I found a combination that RELIEVES the symptoms when they get really

bad. I also avoid things that I'm learning are 'stirring things up' if you

know what I mean.

I stumbled across this website and found it extremely informative...

http://www.ibstales.com/ . The lady that hosts the site has been dealing

with IBS since she was 12. Perhaps there's something on this site that

could be of help to you.

If you'd like to email me offlist I'd be happy to continue giving you all

the moral support you need for dealing with IBS.

Luv

anne

I.B.S.

> Hey everyone

> I have heard several people talk about irritable bowel syndrom.It has

> become a MAJOR problemo for me..I have been on pain meds for a long

> time and know that is most of problem, I may also have a colan problem.

> I was wandering if anyone knows a fix for it. The over the counter

> stuff quit working and food budjit is almost neel so need a cheepo fix.

> Sorry for all the misspellings " think that was one LOL "

> Thanks,Take care and have a fantastic day

> PS: I just found a site that pays very well for greeting card poems if

> anyone wants link. E-mail me or give permision and will post it.

> butchholland2002@...

> Butch

I've had IBS for many years. It wasn't actually diagnosed til 1999, but the symptoms have been there since I was in my late 20's. My life had always been traumatic, tho and that surely was the beginning and surely does trigger a bout of it now.

Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Butch,As far as I'm aware there is NO CURE for IBS either. My "lovely" Dr told me that I'm just going to have to learn to live with it. He obviously doesn't have IBS!I've been "living with it" for about 4 years now and I believe mine was brought on by the trauma of my soulmates passing. I've tried most OTC meds until I found a combination that RELIEVES the symptoms when they get really bad. I also avoid things that I'm learning are 'stirring things up' if you know what I mean.I stumbled across this website and found it extremely informative... http://www.ibstales.com/ . The lady that hosts the site has been dealing with IBS since she was 12. Perhaps there's something on this site that could be of help to you.If you'd like to email me offlist I'd be happy to continue giving you all the moral support you need for dealing with IBS.Luvanne