RemedySpot.com

Re: Fighting Depression

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You might want to discuss this with your treatment doc, Mike, not good to go in to treatment depressed, the meds can cause their own problems. Pulling for you, Sheena heethun666 wrote: Hi all,I haven't started treatment yet but have a history of depression and recently had some relatively minor things going on that have me combating it more on a daily basis. My relationship with my girlfriend recently changed to a point that I consider it mostly over and just yesterday had to give up my dog (even though I love her she was somewhat unpredictable and we have children over almost every weekend). In addition to those just two months ago I started a new position and I'm experiencing some stress adjusting to that.I've made so many strides to make a better life and it's felt amazingly easy to do so up until now. I also recently started going back to college but think that I'll probably put that on hold for now. I don't need to get in too far over my head with all that I have to deal with. I'm probably going to try to see a mental health professional of some sort, if not for

dealing with the stress I already have, to deal with what might lay ahead if depression turns out to be a problematic side effect of treatment.I'm really quite a lucky guy in a lot of ways. I've got a pretty supportive family, a decent job and lot's of online resources for support and information.Just sort of venting here. Thanks for 'listening',Mike

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Mike I totally agree with Sheena in that you should address the depression NOW , BEFORE you start tx because of the way the Interferon depletes the Seretonin in your brain,,, Im sorry about your girlfriend, but it would be much easier to not have to deal with THOSE issues while on tx,, and maybe one day you will be able to get another dog, after treatment when your life settles down,, Keep up posted hon,, we care! jax heethun666

wrote: Hi all,I haven't started treatment yet but have a history of depression and recently had some relatively minor things going on that have me combating it more on a daily basis. My relationship with my girlfriend recently changed to a point that I consider it mostly over and just yesterday had to give up my dog (even though I love her she was somewhat unpredictable and we have children over almost every weekend). In addition to those just two months ago I started a new position and I'm experiencing

some stress adjusting to that.I've made so many strides to make a better life and it's felt amazingly easy to do so up until now. I also recently started going back to college but think that I'll probably put that on hold for now. I don't need to get in too far over my head with all that I have to deal with. I'm probably going to try to see a mental health professional of some sort, if not for dealing with the stress I already have, to deal with what might lay ahead if depression turns out to be a problematic side effect of treatment.I'm really quite a lucky guy in a lot of ways. I've got a pretty supportive family, a decent job and lot's of online resources for support and information.Just sort of venting here. Thanks for 'listening',MikeJackie

Mike... Depression was my show stopper also. Personally my depression did not worsen on tx. If anything it can help it if the bloodwork is positive on your future checkups. Jackie on wrote: Hi Mike I totally agree with Sheena in that you should address the depression NOW , BEFORE you start tx because of the way the Interferon depletes the Seretonin in your brain,,, Im sorry about your girlfriend, but it would be much easier to not have to deal with THOSE issues while on tx,, and maybe one day you will be able to get another dog, after treatment when your life settles down,, Keep up posted hon,, we care! jax heethun666 <heethun666> wrote: Hi all,I haven't started treatment yet but have a history of depression and recently had some relatively minor things going on

that have me combating it more on a daily basis. My relationship with my girlfriend recently changed to a point that I consider it mostly over and just yesterday had to give up my dog (even though I love her she was somewhat unpredictable and we have children over almost every weekend). In addition to those just two months ago I started a new position and I'm experiencing some stress adjusting to that.I've made so many strides to make a better life and it's felt amazingly easy to do so up until now. I also recently started going back to college but think that I'll probably put that on hold for now. I don't need to get in too far over my head with all that I have to deal with. I'm probably going to try to see a mental health professional of some sort, if not for dealing with the stress I already have, to deal with what might lay ahead if depression turns out to be a problematic side effect of treatment.I'm

really quite a lucky guy in a lot of ways. I've got a pretty supportive family, a decent job and lot's of online resources for support and information.Just sort of venting here. Thanks for 'listening',MikeJackie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.