RemedySpot.com

Applying for Medicare Part B

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in the last 7

years I have never once had to apply for just part B coverage. The

patient has A and evidently stopped paying B and it was cancelled . She

was recently transplanted and now she needs to get back B. Do I just

fill out the 2728 form or is there something else that needs completed?

Thanks goodness she does have a commercial insurance too. Thanks

We had a pt that did not pay her premium and Part B was cancelled. We found out that she would have to re-enroll beginning Jan 1st - March 31st (General Enrollment) and that it would not become affective until July 1st.

Stacey Stout Financial Coordinator O.Strickler Transplant Center University of Virginia Health Systems

Phone: Fax: 434924-8774 SAS8W@...

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of etownbakersSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:48 AMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Applying for Medicare Part B

I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in the last 7 years I have never once had to apply for just part B coverage. The patient has A and evidently stopped paying B and it was cancelled . She was recently transplanted and now she needs to get back B. Do I just fill out the 2728 form or is there something else that needs completed? Thanks goodness she does have a commercial insurance too. Thanks

We had a pt that did not pay her premium and Part B was cancelled. We found out that she would have to re-enroll beginning Jan 1st - March 31st (General Enrollment) and that it would not become affective until July 1st.

Stacey Stout Financial Coordinator O.Strickler Transplant Center University of Virginia Health Systems

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of etownbakersSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:48 AMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Applying for Medicare Part B

I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in the last 7 years I have never once had to apply for just part B coverage. The patient has A and evidently stopped paying B and it was cancelled . She was recently transplanted and now she needs to get back B. Do I just fill out the 2728 form or is there something else that needs completed? Thanks goodness she does have a commercial insurance too. Thanks

Open enrollment is once a year Jan, Feb

and March for July, your pt may also have a penalty.

Stoops

From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of Stout, Stacey A *HS

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008

8:44 AM

To: TxFinancialCoordinators

Subject: RE:

We had a pt that did not pay her premium

and Part B was cancelled. We found out that she would have to re-enroll

beginning Jan 1st - March 31st (General Enrollment) and that it would not

become affective until July 1st.

Stacey Stout

Financial Coordinator

O.Strickler

Transplant Center

University of Virginia Health Systems

Phone:

Fax: 434924-8774

SAS8Wvirginia (DOT) edu

I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in

the last 7

Stoops

From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of Stout, Stacey A *HS

Stacey Stout

Financial Coordinator

O.Strickler

Transplant Center

Phone:

SAS8Wvirginia (DOT) edu

the last 7

Stoops

Stacey Stout

Financial Coordinator

O.Strickler

Transplant Center

Phone:

SAS8Wvirginia (DOT) edu

the last 7

Thanks for the answers. Do I fill out the same 2728 forms for part B

or does the patient need to contact Medicare herself to add on part B?

>

> I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in the last 7

> years I have never once had to apply for just part B coverage. The

> patient has A and evidently stopped paying B and it was cancelled .

She

> was recently transplanted and now she needs to get back B. Do I just

> fill out the 2728 form or is there something else that needs

completed?

> Thanks goodness she does have a commercial insurance too. Thanks

>

I believe that you would still fill out the 2728 because of the tx but have the pt contact social security to see if there would be another form they would need to fill out.

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of etownbakersSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:35 AMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Re: Applying for Medicare Part B

Thanks for the answers. Do I fill out the same 2728 forms for part B or does the patient need to contact Medicare herself to add on part B?>> I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in the last 7 > years I have never once had to apply for just part B coverage. The > patient has A and evidently stopped paying B and it was cancelled . She > was recently transplanted and now she needs to get back B. Do I just > fill out the 2728 form or is there something else that needs completed? > Thanks goodness she does have a commercial insurance too. Thanks>

I believe that you would still fill out the 2728 because of the tx but have the pt contact social security to see if there would be another form they would need to fill out.

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of etownbakersSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:35 AMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Re: Applying for Medicare Part B

Thanks for the answers. Do I fill out the same 2728 forms for part B or does the patient need to contact Medicare herself to add on part B?>> I am sure this will seem like a silly question but in the last 7 > years I have never once had to apply for just part B coverage. The > patient has A and evidently stopped paying B and it was cancelled . She > was recently transplanted and now she needs to get back B. Do I just > fill out the 2728 form or is there something else that needs completed? > Thanks goodness she does have a commercial insurance too. Thanks>

if your patient's current Part A entitlement is due to renal failure, there is already a 2728 form on file from the dialysis unit, and your patient just needs to enroll in Part B during annual enrollment. If transplant is the first ESRD event, you'll need to fill out the 2728 and also assist the pt w/the Renal Medicare app. Pt can also go to SSA to do the latter once the 2728 is completed.

on Financial Counselor Legacy Transplant Services 1040 NW 22nd Ave Ste 480 Portland OR 97210 toll free fax lmorriso@...

"Ring out old shapes of foul disease, Ring out the narrowing lust of gold; Ring out the thousand wars of old, Ring in the thousand years of peace." - Alfred Lord Tennyson

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ]On Behalf Of etownbakersSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:35 AMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Re: Applying for Medicare Part B

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

if your patient's current Part A entitlement is due to renal failure, there is already a 2728 form on file from the dialysis unit, and your patient just needs to enroll in Part B during annual enrollment. If transplant is the first ESRD event, you'll need to fill out the 2728 and also assist the pt w/the Renal Medicare app. Pt can also go to SSA to do the latter once the 2728 is completed.

on Financial Counselor Legacy Transplant Services 1040 NW 22nd Ave Ste 480 Portland OR 97210 toll free fax lmorriso@...

"Ring out old shapes of foul disease, Ring out the narrowing lust of gold; Ring out the thousand wars of old, Ring in the thousand years of peace." - Alfred Lord Tennyson

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ]On Behalf Of etownbakersSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:35 AMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Re: Applying for Medicare Part B

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Is the patient on

Medicare A due to ESRD? If yes, then Social Security processed the

Medicare eligibility having a copy of the 2728 at that time so already in the

system. Then the applying for Medicare B now (Jan – March) with

effective date 07/01/08 should be the action plan. The transfer for transplant is

reflected on the monthly report form sent to ESRD – no 2728 needed unless

meets criteria described below.

In terms of 2728 for ESRD requirements and

copy for new applications for Medicare based on ESRD -- 2728 needed if the

patient has not been on dialysis or 2728 with “Supplemental” box

checked needed when patient has only been on dialysis (PD or HD) less than 90

days at the time of the transplant – based on information received from

our regional ESRD Network. If dialysis is the one who submitted the

original 2728, I work to get a copy of that from ESRD or the dialysis

center. Even though a copy of the 2728 was sent to Social Security

at the original time of completion, it cannot be found and Social Security

requests a copy. There is a release of information on the ESRD web site that

can be completed and faxed to them (they need the release): http://www.networkofnewengland.org/pdfs-2007/Data/2728rel.pdf

Daryl Battin, LICSW

Financial

Coordinator/Social Worker

Lahey Clinic

Kidney/Pancreas Program

41 Mall Road

Burlington, MA 01805

PH: 781 744-7166/FAX: 781

744-5009

Re: Applying for Medicare Part B

>

She

completed?

>

See our web page at http://www.lahey.org for a full directory of Lahey sites, staff, services and career opportunities.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

Is the patient on

effective date 07/01/08 should be the action plan. The transfer for transplant is

can be completed and faxed to them (they need the release): http://www.networkofnewengland.org/pdfs-2007/Data/2728rel.pdf

Daryl Battin, LICSW

Financial

Lahey Clinic

Kidney/Pancreas Program

41 Mall Road

Burlington, MA 01805

744-5009

>

She

completed?

>

See our web page at http://www.lahey.org for a full directory of Lahey sites, staff, services and career opportunities.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

Is the patient on

Daryl Battin, LICSW

Financial

Lahey Clinic

Kidney/Pancreas Program

41 Mall Road

Burlington, MA 01805

744-5009

>

She

completed?

>

Hello,

You will need to contact your renal network for instructions on doing the 2728.

Just because she got a transplant it does not mean you will need to do a 2728.

If the patient was on dialysis for more than 3 months prior to the txp, the

dialysis unit would do it and you don't do another form 2728. Patient must

apply for medicare through the local SS office.

Marcia J. Fisher

Sr. Transplant Financial Coordinator

Michigan Transplant Center

This message is confidential, intended for the named recipient(s). If you

receive this message in error, please notify the sender by email or at

, and delete this email. Thank you.

>>> " etownbakers " 1/10/2008 10:34 AM >>>

>

She

completed?

>

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used

for urgent or sensitive issues

Hello,

Marcia J. Fisher

>

She

completed?

>

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used

Hello,

Marcia J. Fisher

>

She

completed?

>