RemedySpot.com

<To Alison> An Update & An Open Letter of Gratitude re: My Father, ph

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Alison,

The only alternative treatment for nausea or sea sickness is Ginger.

If you do not have powdered Ginger for sale in your hometown, then i would suggest that you buy fresh Ginger, scrape off the skin , blend or mash or pound it finely, then put in a glass of boiling water, leave to cool & drink it.

Please take a look in the posting of "Food As Medicine" and it is said to ward off nausea.

Just FYI, Ginger is considered "Yang" meaning it is a "Heaty" food and in Vegetarian foods, it is fried together with the vegetables, as vegetable is considered to be "Ying", meaning having "Cooling" properties, so as to balance it off or neutralise our body system.

With much Love, Light, Joy, Gratitude, Respect and Honor to each you too, ~Ali~ aka "Eternally a Seeker",

Alice

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 1:05 AM

Subject: [] An Update & An Open Letter of Gratitude re: My Father, ph

Dear Beautiful & much Loved Family & Friends,My profound apologies for being rather absent of late on this group - though I have been watching the posts for healing and prayer requests to ensure all were added immediately to the official Humanity Healing Grid...which works for prayers as well. I am attaching below the "Open Letter of Gratitude" and an update on my father's condition which will be posted here and on MySpace. I love you all and thank you for your patience and understanding for those whom have called and I have not yet been able to get back to! :: deep bow of apology, respect and honor ::Namaste. Much Metta.~Ali~

An Open Letter of Gratitude

It is with a heart that is overwhelmed and overflowing with complete humility, gratitude, awe, respect and joy that I write this small but meaningful missive to each one of you who responded to the collective voices asking for help on behalf of my family. :: deep bow of profound respect ::

M father, ph, and mother, Carol, and I wish to thank each and every one of you for all the love, the prayers, kind thoughts, beautiful notes and wonderful healing energies you have sent to us in our time of challenge regarding my father's illness. We are profoundly touched and grateful. If we could hug each one of you we would!

The update on my father: He is still very ill but makes the best of each day; he is an amazing soul indeed. We have struggled to find more natural means to help him but there are state laws to abide by in terms of the antibiotics required to be ingested. So, given that, we have gone as much the way of the organic as possible, continue energetic treatments and prayers, laugh often, and live wholly as we can as a family unit.

It is important to us to thank those who offered warm and helpful suggestions of more natural approaches to help him heal but to also share that, due to the other types of medications he is on, he is unable to take many of the alternative options for most of the herbs – save those for nausea – have been counter-indicated and would have adverse effects rather than positive ones. Still, it is so very imperative that I tell you how much we all love that you would care enough to suggest alternative ways to deal with his illness and their side-effects. :: deep bow of respect and honor ::

My father was recently told that the antibiotic trio he is forced to take lasts not only the 6 months as previously shared, but that it is very much the same as receiving chemo treatments. What that means is that he is experiencing the same intensity of chemo with similar side effects; extreme nausea, some uncontrollable twitching and spasms in his large muscle masses and digits, coldness coming from within and not without, energy drain and what is often referred to as "chemo brain" (which simply means there are occasional bouts where he suffers slight mental confusion or memory impairment).

All in all we are doing quite well and remain positive and hopeful.

With much Love, Light, Joy, Gratitude, Respect and Honor to each one of you Beautiful Souls,

~Ali~ aka "Eternally a Seeker"

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release Date: 8/29/2007 8:21 PM