RemedySpot.com

RE: Commercial insurance and M'care

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ESRD entitlement begins either the month a pt starts PD or has a kidney tx or the 3rd month after starting HD. If your pt is still pre-dialysis, he/she is also still pre-ESRD entitlement & the standard MSP rules apply.

J. Aguiar

Mayo Clinic Arizona

From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of s2r8q9Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:07 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Commercial insurance and M'care

Hello allI have another question. I have a pt that we are evaluating for kidney transplant. He has Anthem BC/BS (since 2002) and M'care (since 2001, he has been disabled with his eye's). I called Anthem and they state they are primary and couldn't tell me if or when M'care would become primary. They told me to have the pt call them to update their situation. I was wondering if they would start a coordination of benefits when the pt was diagnosed with ESRD? The person I talked to at Anthem had no clue.Thanks for any help,Stacey StoutFinancial Coordinator Kidney/Pancreas O. Strickler Transplant CenterUniveristy of Virginia fax

ESRD entitlement begins either the month a pt starts PD or has a kidney tx or the 3rd month after starting HD. If your pt is still pre-dialysis, he/she is also still pre-ESRD entitlement & the standard MSP rules apply.

J. Aguiar

Mayo Clinic Arizona

From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of s2r8q9Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:07 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Commercial insurance and M'care

Hello allI have another question. I have a pt that we are evaluating for kidney transplant. He has Anthem BC/BS (since 2002) and M'care (since 2001, he has been disabled with his eye's). I called Anthem and they state they are primary and couldn't tell me if or when M'care would become primary. They told me to have the pt call them to update their situation. I was wondering if they would start a coordination of benefits when the pt was diagnosed with ESRD? The person I talked to at Anthem had no clue.Thanks for any help,Stacey StoutFinancial Coordinator Kidney/Pancreas O. Strickler Transplant CenterUniveristy of Virginia fax

J. Aguiar

Mayo Clinic Arizona

Thank you.

Stacey Stout

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of Aguiar, J.Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:48 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: RE: Commercial insurance and M'care

J. Aguiar

Mayo Clinic Arizona

Thank you.

Stacey Stout

-----Original Message-----From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of Aguiar, J.Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:48 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: RE: Commercial insurance and M'care

J. Aguiar

Mayo Clinic Arizona

Thank you.

Stacey Stout

J. Aguiar

Mayo Clinic Arizona