RemedySpot.com

Camping

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Alisha;

Your camping trip sounds great. I'm happy to hear that you had a good

time. Unbelievable; you were at bon echo lake. That sure does bring back

old memories. I used to camp at bon echo with my family when I was a

teenager. Bon echo sure is a beautiful lake & nice campground.

This summer I have been busy with my son, he had his right foot operated

on, Aug. 02. We stayed at the hospital for 6 days. Now, that we are home,

I'm very busy helping him around the house. He is starting to get used to

this cased on his foot.

It's our first summer that we are unable to go camping. So I do find

myself, thinking of my friends enjoying the summer camping. On the other

hand my son & I are becoming closer. We enjoy board games, reading &

talking. I rented him a electric scooter so he is able to get out & about.

Since his bike & skateboarding are out of the question. This evening we went

uptown, I rode my electric wheel chair & Ben on the scooter. We first

visited our friends, then shopping. Our last stop was a visit with my

parents. That was real nice, we sat out side on the deck & talked.

Stay well, I must go it's quite late..

Lee

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

> I know I saw a post that had info for camping at the picnic, but I

can't find

> it! Could someone repost it?

>

> Thanks so much!

>

> Flo - are you going to be there, and will you be camping?

> Any other campers?

>

> : )

> allison

here, you go:

CAMPING: RV and tent camping is available next door (about 1 mile or

so down the park at the Falls Lake Holly Point area. Call 919-676-

1027 for information, reservations, and fees.

-Ginny I.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

We had a hot and humid weekend too. Sunshine though, had a picnic on Saturday and Sunday, both turned out nice. I'm counting down for vacation in 12 days! 7 days up in the north woods. After 3 weeks of 75 hrs/wk it will be well deserved... -dz-

Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Good Morning Everyone

Judy and I are going camping up in Maine for the weekend. We plan to take it easy and scout around for a future homesite and hopefully get in a hike. The weather looks to be good. Sure has been hot & humid the last couple of days.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Dennis

Guest guest

Dennis, I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Susy & I use to enjoy camping, going up into the high country to get out of the heat here in the desert. But because of the fires in the north easter part of Az. the fire danger in the northwetern part of Az, most of the camping is closed this year.

Terry

Good Morning Everyone

Judy and I are going camping up in Maine for the weekend. We plan to take it easy and scout around for a future homesite and hopefully get in a hike. The weather looks to be good. Sure has been hot & humid the last couple of days.

Dennis

Guest guest

I am also counting the time down to our vacation 2 & 1/2 month's. Going back to central Mo, to see the grandkids. We already have our tickets in hand.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

We had a hot and humid weekend too. Sunshine though, had a picnic on Saturday and Sunday, both turned out nice. I'm counting down for vacation in 12 days! 7 days up in the north woods. After 3 weeks of 75 hrs/wk it will be well deserved... -dz- Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

The trip went well. Had nice weather until the day we left - had to break camp in the rain and thunder storm. But no problem - just stuffed all the wet tents in the Jeep and the sun was out by the time we got home so re-pitched them and dried them and put them away. (It was hot & humid and I had kind of a short fuse - I think I remember you having the same experience). We hiked up a mountain with a 900 foot elevation rise from the bottom (one of the low ones) and I couldn't get near the edge of the drop off. The knee was a little rubbery when I got down but didn't hurt so I'm happy about that. The surgery was mid April. The rest of the muscles were lame though. Sounds like you have a real nice trip ahead. I'm going in to a remote campsite on the 22nd for a couple of days. A lot of work to canoe and hike the gear in but worth it. The only civilization I hear is an occasional jet plane.

The bullfrogs are really loud and go all night. After the second night I sleep right through it. The only unsettling thought is that a moose could step on my small tent (with me in it).

Real hot here today and the humidity is very high also. Guess I'll put the AC unit in the computer room now. Guess where I'm sleeping tonight!

Have a good trip

Dennis

Re: [ ] Camping

We had a hot and humid weekend too. Sunshine though, had a picnic on Saturday and Sunday, both turned out nice. I'm counting down for vacation in 12 days! 7 days up in the north woods. After 3 weeks of 75 hrs/wk it will be well deserved... -dz- Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

I have taken a tent down in the rain & pitched one in the rain. It was no fun at all.

Terry

The trip went well. Had nice weather until the day we left - had to break camp in the rain and thunder storm. But no problem - just stuffed all the wet tents in the Jeep and the sun was out by the time we got home so re-pitched them and dried them and put them away. (It was hot & humid and I had kind of a short fuse - I think I remember you having the same experience). We hiked up a mountain with a 900 foot elevation rise from the bottom (one of the low ones) and I couldn't get near the edge of the drop off. The knee was a little rubbery when I got down but didn't hurt so I'm happy about that. The surgery was mid April. The rest of the muscles were lame though. Sounds like you have a real nice trip ahead. I'm going in to a remote campsite on the 22nd for a couple of days. A lot of work to canoe and hike the gear in but worth it. The only civilization I hear is an occasional jet plane.

The bullfrogs are really loud and go all night. After the second night I sleep right through it. The only unsettling thought is that a moose could step on my small tent (with me in it).

Real hot here today and the humidity is very high also. Guess I'll put the AC unit in the computer room now. Guess where I'm sleeping tonight!

Have a good trip

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

Sounds to me like that knee is coming around fine. Of course, if you're like me, the minute it starts feeling better, I think it's 100% and push a little hard. 900 feet is a pretty good climb. I know I used to do this hike in Colorado that was beautiful, it led to an old homestead, still pretty much standing as it was left. It had a 1200 foot elevation change which I didn't think sounded too bad, but it sure wore me out. The problem was the 1200 foot change was going down on the way in and up on the way back when I was already tired. I always tried to hike uphill and then coming back would always be a little easier. Nothing I hate more camping than having to break down in the rain! What a mess. Well, sounds like you had fun anyway. I'm glad the knee is coming back well. -dz-

Have a good trip

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

I have to share this story. I bought a brand new tent and went camping the first time and ended up having to take it down in the rain. After getting back home I pitched it in the back yard to air it out. That night we had a big storm and a huge branch came down right on top of my tent rendering it useless. One use and I had to buy a new tent. I guess I should be grateful I wasn't in it when the branch came down! -dz-

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

I have taken a tent down in the rain & pitched one in the rain. It was no fun at all. Terry

Guest guest

I'm real happy to hear the good news, Dave. Good for you.

I had my last therapy session today. Now I have to get the muscles back in tone and you're right about the extra push thinking I all back to normal. I learned that lesson with my back. I can relate to the climb up at the end - I did one that was like that with a steep rocky return and it wasn't fun. But - I reconsidered after passing a blind person working down the same trail (with another person helping) . All we have to do when we are feeling that things are unfair is look to those that are less fortunate. I'm still amazed about that encounter.

Hey - tell more about the camping trip. I'm going again, alone, on the 22nd.

Really hot and humid here today. Our office has AC but had to spend most of the day outside. When I came back in it felt like an ice box and it was 80 inside!

Enjoy life

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

My brother lost his eye sight at age 6, went to a blind school so I had a lot of contact with people who are sightless. When you get to know them you disscover, they don't thank of themselves as being handycapped.

Terry

I had my last therapy session today. Now I have to get the muscles back in tone and you're right about the extra push thinking I all back to normal. I learned that lesson with my back. I can relate to the climb up at the end - I did one that was like that with a steep rocky return and it wasn't fun. But - I reconsidered after passing a blind person working down the same trail (with another person helping) . All we have to do when we are feeling that things are unfair is look to those that are less fortunate. I'm still amazed about that encounter.

Really hot and humid here today. Our office has AC but had to spend most of the day outside. When I came back in it felt like an ice box and it was 80 inside!

Enjoy life

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

Yeah, we forget we don't heal overnite as we did in our 20's. Speaking of that steep rocky return, I had a simalar experience. I was winding up a particularly steep climb outside of Boulder on a hot day, the path had many natural rocky steps, agonizing each step and stopping after ever 3rd or 4th. All of a sudden this guy probably in his upper 40's (I was then in my 30's) came JOGGING by me. I quit whining and started moving back up the trail again. My camping trip is properly planned (timing wise). I took on a part time job and am in the training portion which requires 3 weeks of 7 hour days, so I'm working 8 at my regular job and 7 at the other. So immediately following 3 weeks of 75 hours each I go on vacation for 7 glorious days and then settle back to a more "doable" 60 hours. I'm going up to the Eagle River flowage, which contains 28 lakes. It's beautiful country. You know Minnesota claims fame for 10,000 lakes. Our governer quipped "We have 20,000 lakes, and ours have fish in them!" A little friendly competition between states, although I dare say their governer could whip ours in a cage match. :) We're tent camping, we have a site on the lake and I can't wait!! I don't get in as much hiking as I'd like. My son is more interested in swimming and fishing and playing in general. I usually bargain with him. Ok, we'll do that, if we go on this hike or that bike trail. We generally see bald eagles, great herons, foxes, etc. There are wolves and bears around, but they keep pretty well hidden. I have a fishing boat, so I fish and hike and relax and read and dream of better days... -dz-

Enjoy life

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

My friend's sister was deaf and some of us went to her wedding, it was quite an experience. Even though both bride and groom were deaf, they hired a band and danced too. There is a school for the deaf in Milwaukee and they invited quite a crowd from there. It was interesting at the bar, because it was quite busy with all the signing going on. It made a noise of it's own. It was a nice experience, because most of them seemed to overcome their "handicap" quite well. It seems we are fairly adaptable creatures.. -dz-

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

My brother lost his eye sight at age 6, went to a blind school so I had a lot of contact with people who are sightless. When you get to know them you disscover, they don't thank of themselves as being handycapped. Terry Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Enjoy life

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

Guest guest

Back in my early to mid teen's, my church youth group worked with a group of kids from the school for the deaf. If I remember right they can feel the vibertions.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

My friend's sister was deaf and some of us went to her wedding, it was quite an experience. Even though both bride and groom were deaf, they hired a band and danced too. There is a school for the deaf in Milwaukee and they invited quite a crowd from there. It was interesting at the bar, because it was quite busy with all the signing going on. It made a noise of it's own. It was a nice experience, because most of them seemed to overcome their "handicap" quite well. It seems we are fairly adaptable creatures.. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

My brother lost his eye sight at age 6, went to a blind school so I had a lot of contact with people who are sightless. When you get to know them you disscover, they don't thank of themselves as being handycapped. Terry Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Enjoy life

Dennis

Good Morning Everyone

Dennis

• 1 month later...

> Got a letter that I was accepted for another craft

> show at the end of

> September. DH thinks this is good. Hope sales will

> be also.

Good luck on your show! I just received an

application to a show that I did 2 years ago. (Didn't

do it last year cause I wasn't really impressed with

it the first year.) Of course, that was also my first

year doing shows. I think I'll do it this year. That

brings my total to 8 shows this fall.

And like you, I'm waiting for this heat & humidity to

go away so I can make soap. I did make about 8 bars

yesterday, but they all have sweat on them. Trying to

get stuff made so I can get pics done for the

wholesale account. Ugghh!

=====

Colleen ston

Country Meadow Creations

http://www.countrymeadowcreations.com

• 5 years later...

Hello my sweet wonderful family! My and I are going camping in the deep woods for 3 days. Sun. Mon. and Tues. So I'm not going to be around. I'm SOOOO excited! I can't wait to get back out into nature. I love you all, and have a wonderful Sun. Mon. and Tues! *hugs*With love alwaysStefanie

Stefanie,

Now I'm jealous. When I read this I ran to and (said in whiny

voice) Stefanie's going camping <sniff sniff> and I wanna go camping too!

I think I get his gears grinding, cause we're planning a camping trip

for maybe next weekend. YES!!!

Have a great time. Watch out for ticks. And creepy crawly things.

And BEARS! Do they have bears in your neck of the woods???

Love you sweet sister - have fun. In fact...have TOO MUCH FUN! If

there is such a thing...DO IT!

Love you,

>

> Hello my sweet wonderful family! My and I are going camping in the

> deep woods for 3 days. Sun. Mon. and Tues. So I'm not going to be

> around. I'm SOOOO excited! [:D] I can't wait to get back out into

> nature. [:x] I love you all, and have a wonderful Sun. Mon. and Tues!

> *hugs*

>

> With love always

> Stefanie

>

• 2 years later...

You mentioned that you layered the clothes.

I've used an idea that works well for us. I put one day's 'set' of clothes in a

zip-lock bag...one for each day. I press the air out and get a slim little

package. Usually a 1 gallon size storage bag works well. As clothes get larger

sometimes I use a larger size.

I also do it when we are on family vacations....so I don't have to worry about

it either.

Hope this helps someone.

Have a great day!!!

Shirley, mom to Josiah 20 yo