RemedySpot.com

Re: incentive payments to employees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Postrio:

Are you considering monetary incentives to encourage your staff to schedule more patients? I am assuming you are not asking them to market for you and go out on to the streets to sign up new patients. I am assuming you are just asking them to schedule in a way that you can increase your volume each day.

Just what is happening? Are they slowing your schedule down because you run late with patients? Do they want a slower pace? Are they trying to filter out patients that you or they don't want to deal with? Have you had multiple sit-down meetings on this topic? First meeting would discuss what is happening now and why; second, where you want it to go and how that might be implemented; third, evaluate implementation and revise the plan, etc..

Having recently implemented online scheduling and loving it, have you considered this option? Some well placed advertising noting you are accepting new patients and directing them to your online scheduler might work for you.

How is your schedule set up currently? Do you block out times for new patients, annuals, etc or allow it to fill more organically and thus, do not push off new patients to the next available new patient slot...

I would be interested in hearing more about what you are trying to achieve.

Carla Gibson

Subject: incentive payments to employeesTo: Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 7:48 PM

I am 3 years into a practice and I want to increase my productivity by about 15%. I'd like to incentivize my two employees to schedule more patients. I'm undecided between an incentive for new patients scheduled, an incentive for total patients scheduled, or a combination. It would be easier to just use new patients scheduled, which theoretically would translate to more total patients down the road. But my income comes from total patients. Has anyone tried this?