RemedySpot.com

Re: Another lament about why we need change

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had almost this exact experience two weekends ago with a previous patient, only he was having an exacerbation of his overriding depression. At the time, it really upset me (much more than I thought it should).

I was upset with his doctor, whom he could not reach, and upset that I had to interrupt a very fun time with my kids for a patient, to whom I had offered excellent care in the past, but who did not value my services in any way. (He told me at the end of the 25 minute conversation that he was happy that I had " fulfilled my duty as a doctor. Many other doctors would not have done this. Click. " No thanks for the help, just impressed that I had somehow fulfilled some contractual agreement with the ethers to provide my care on demand with no expectation of any payment or other fulfillment other than " pennies in heaven. " )

Great. Now I am upset again. I am off to do an additional 2 miles on my Nordic track and use my son's Walmart " punching bag, " after which I know I will be back to my nice, peaceful stage of acceptance!

Durango, CO

I agree with sending her a bill; she clearly isn't an established patient with you. You should be paid for the medico-legal risk you took by giving her advice. She may never pay you, but then she probably won't call you for free care again.

An amazing insurance story: 78 y.o. Cauc. Male with recently dx'ed osteoporosis will pay THREE dollars for 3 months of Forteo if he gets it from Medco mail pharmacy, but would pay $700 per month if he gets it from a local pharmacy! I didn't believe it when he told me, so I called Medco to verify it!

Mutt