RemedySpot.com

Question Using Stones/Rocks For Healing - Reiki

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hope this is not too silly of a question but I am interested in this

topic and don't have the answer I am seeking.

I've been reading about using different stones/minerals for healing

and I find it odd because I've been attracted to rocks most of my

life. I was not sure if I completely believed in the ability of rocks

to help heal except maybe on a small scale maybe not as much as

visualization? Then I got to thinking how I long to visit the Dead Sea

and I started thinking isn't the salt in the water and the other

minerals that heal just sediment from rocks, so in part it makes total

sense.

Can someone give me their opinion on this and how knowledgeable I need

to be in order to buy and apply crystals from Ebay.

Also what is the difference between just purchasing these stones and

Reiki charged stones? Why do they need to be charged if the elements

of the stone already have DNA of sorts from the earth and give off

their own vibration/energy?

My question is why would you buy rocks or crystals from ebay ??? when purchasing stones for healing purposes the best way to buy them is to go to a mineral rock and gem shop,and let the rock choose you .. Did you get the post bnot too long ago about the rocks ??? They really do work I have been working with stones and crysals my whole life I just don't explain things very well Hang on Ali.... Anadovetouched <hisalone@...> wrote: I hope this is not too silly of a question but I am interested in thistopic and don't

have the answer I am seeking.I've been reading about using different stones/minerals for healingand I find it odd because I've been attracted to rocks most of mylife. I was not sure if I completely believed in the ability of rocksto help heal except maybe on a small scale maybe not as much asvisualization? Then I got to thinking how I long to visit the Dead Seaand I started thinking isn't the salt in the water and the otherminerals that heal just sediment from rocks, so in part it makes totalsense.Can someone give me their opinion on this and how knowledgeable I needto be in order to buy and apply crystals from Ebay. Also what is the difference between just purchasing these stones andReiki charged stones? Why do they need to be charged if the elementsof the stone already have DNA of sorts from the earth and give offtheir own vibration/energy?Anastasia

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV.

Hello me lovies... Ok...first, NOT a silly question at all me darlin', Dove. Never a silly question, hm? *soft smile and a big hug*Secondly, crystals are used in many practices - be they healing or no - such as meditation or even in magical practices. They are used most often for the purpose of heightening/amplifying or to more clearly focus your intention on someone/thing. In the case of healing that is, pardon the upcoming bad pun, rock awesome. *grimace through a grin* Reiki or any modality can be enhanced

by the proper selection of stone/gem/crystal/metal, etc... I have been found to use a chakra kit of my own design tailored to each of my client's unique energetic needs and vibrations (e.g. one woman responds well with Jasper for the root while another does not; in her case I may use something more grounding like obsidian despite the fact that is not the "proper" color associated with the root chakra which is red). Does that help make sense?If you are attempting to elevate your healing energies - enhance them, if you will - you may wish to employ rose quartz, clear crystal quartz and/or amethyst. Clear quartz is one of the overall best ways to focus AND uplift your energetic vibration.Now...onto the question of where to obtain crystals. Crystals are as unique as humans. Even within the same "family" of stones you will find some which you are more drawn to as a healer or meditation practitioner, etc...than others. As one

who has a shamanic background I go so far as to state some even exude a type of personality. *grin* I use kinesthetic testing (muscle testing) to determine whether a crystal wishes to "come home with me". I actually pose this question to the crystal in my mind and the crystal in turn "speaks" to my high self thus creating a muscular response that says, "yes" or "no". This is why I believe that Anastasia is suggesting you may wish to go to a local shop and actually experience the stones before buying. Also, the energy found in crystal shops is a real treat! If you simply use crystals for display you'd want to see how they looked and felt in person because some of them have inherent flaws - sometimes these flaws are desirable, in other cases, not so much. (Amber is a perfect example of

this.) Only in the viewing of the crystal would you be able to determine this. Now that I likely sound like a mad woman ... more than usual *grin*... I hope this helps. As for buying crystals off eBay? Of course there is no "wrong way", but there are better ways, particularly as you are learning about crystals, their properties, when to use them, how to use, why to use them - and in healing it is imperative to have this knowledge. I would highly suggest some research for use in healing if that is your purpose before buying anything from anyone save a simple lovely quartz crystal. Crystals are healing, grounding, amplifying, protective, etc... but they are not to be trifled with either. Please read on if you will...Crystals do NOT harm, but people respond

differently to each stone's energy so you may wish to be careful. Just as one quick (and final) example, I adore Malachite and am ok with Hematite while I have one friend who literally gets ill when she holds either one of these wonderful stones which both have healing properties. (Hence the reason I suggest doing some research before integrating anything into a healing practice. *soft smile*)Remember, you can buy off eBay to begin with, but learn first why you want them, etc...and then do as you will as long as you harm none, including yourself, lovely Dove. *soft smile #2*Hope this helps, beloved ones! Much Love & happy researching for those whom are so inclined! :)Namaste. Much Metta.~Ali~Anastasia Genaw <eirepriestess@...> wrote: My question is why would you buy rocks or crystals from ebay ??? when purchasing stones for healing purposes the best way to buy them is to go to a mineral rock and gem shop,and let the rock choose you .. Did you get the post bnot too long ago about the rocks ??? They really do work I have been working with stones and crysals my whole life I just don't explain things very well Hang on Ali.... Anadovetouched <hisalonecharter (DOT) net> wrote: I hope this is not too silly of a question but I am interested in thistopic and don't have the

answer I am seeking.I've been reading about using different stones/minerals for healingand I find it odd because I've been attracted to rocks most of mylife. I was not sure if I completely believed in the ability of rocksto help heal except maybe on a small scale maybe not as much asvisualization? Then I got to thinking how I long to visit the Dead Seaand I started thinking isn't the salt in the water and the otherminerals that heal just sediment from rocks, so in part it makes totalsense.Can someone give me their opinion on this and how knowledgeable I needto be in order to buy and apply crystals from Ebay. Also what is the difference between just purchasing these stones andReiki charged stones? Why do they need to be charged if the elementsof the stone already have DNA of sorts from the earth and give offtheir own vibration/energy?Anastasia Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV.

Perfect as always humble bow to you !!!! Blessed be AnastasiaAlison Kain <alisonkain@...> wrote: Hello me lovies... Ok...first, NOT a silly question at all me darlin', Dove. Never a silly question,

hm? *soft smile and a big hug*Secondly, crystals are used in many practices - be they healing or no - such as meditation or even in magical practices. They are used most often for the purpose of heightening/amplifying or to more clearly focus your intention on someone/thing. In the case of healing that is, pardon the upcoming bad pun, rock awesome. *grimace through a grin* Reiki or any modality can be enhanced by the proper selection of stone/gem/crystal/metal, etc... I have been found to use a chakra kit of my own design tailored to each of my client's unique energetic needs and vibrations (e.g. one woman responds well with Jasper for the root

while another does not; in her case I may use something more grounding like obsidian despite the fact that is not the "proper" color associated with the root chakra which is red). Does that help make sense?If you are attempting to elevate your healing energies - enhance them, if you will - you may wish to employ rose quartz, clear crystal quartz and/or amethyst. Clear quartz is one of the overall best ways to focus AND uplift your energetic vibration.Now...onto the question of where to obtain crystals. Crystals are as unique as humans. Even within the same "family" of stones you will find some which you are more drawn to as a healer or meditation practitioner, etc...than others. As one who has a shamanic background I go so far as to state some even exude a type of personality. *grin* I use kinesthetic testing (muscle testing) to determine whether a crystal wishes to "come home with me". I actually pose this

question to the crystal in my mind and the crystal in turn "speaks" to my high self thus creating a muscular response that says, "yes" or "no". This is why I believe that Anastasia is suggesting you may wish to go to a local shop and actually experience the stones before buying. Also, the energy found in crystal shops is a real treat! If you simply use crystals for display you'd want to see how they looked and felt in person because some of them have inherent flaws - sometimes these flaws are desirable, in other cases, not so much. (Amber is a perfect example of this.) Only in the viewing of the crystal would you be able to determine this. Now that I likely sound like a mad woman ... more than usual *grin*... I hope this helps. As for buying crystals off eBay? Of

course there is no "wrong way", but there are better ways, particularly as you are learning about crystals, their properties, when to use them, how to use, why to use them - and in healing it is imperative to have this knowledge. I would highly suggest some research for use in healing if that is your purpose before buying anything from anyone save a simple lovely quartz crystal. Crystals are healing, grounding, amplifying, protective, etc... but they are not to be trifled with either. Please read on if you will...Crystals do NOT harm, but people respond differently to each stone's energy so you may wish to be careful. Just as one quick (and final) example, I adore Malachite and am ok with Hematite while I have one friend who literally gets ill when she holds either one of these wonderful

stones which both have healing properties. (Hence the reason I suggest doing some research before integrating anything into a healing practice. *soft smile*)Remember, you can buy off eBay to begin with, but learn first why you want them, etc...and then do as you will as long as you harm none, including yourself, lovely Dove. *soft smile #2*Hope this helps, beloved ones! Much Love & happy researching for those whom are so inclined! :)Namaste. Much Metta.~Ali~Anastasia Genaw <eirepriestess > wrote: My question is why would you buy rocks or crystals from ebay ??? when purchasing stones for healing purposes the best way to buy them is to go to a mineral rock and gem shop,and let the rock choose you .. Did you get the post bnot too long ago about

the rocks ??? They really do work I have been working with stones and crysals my whole life I just don't explain things very well Hang on Ali.... Anadovetouched <hisalonecharter (DOT) net> wrote: I hope this is not too silly of a question but I am interested in thistopic and don't have the answer I am seeking.I've been reading about using different stones/minerals for healingand I find it odd because I've been attracted to rocks most of mylife. I was not sure if I completely believed in the ability of rocksto help heal except maybe on a small scale maybe not as much asvisualization? Then I got to thinking how I long to visit the Dead Seaand I started thinking isn't the salt in the water and the otherminerals that heal just sediment from rocks, so in part it makes totalsense.Can someone

give me their opinion on this and how knowledgeable I needto be in order to buy and apply crystals from Ebay. Also what is the difference between just purchasing these stones andReiki charged stones? Why do they need to be charged if the elementsof the stone already have DNA of sorts from the earth and give offtheir own vibration/energy?Anastasia Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV. Anastasia

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.