Re:Ear Wax Specula and Ear Washer --> RE: Bionix Products -- interestin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Related to this topic...

my favorite home remedy for cerumen impactions is this "Ear Wax Solution"

1 part hydrogen peroxide

1 part white vinegar

2 parts water

Tell the patient to use a couple drops of mineral oil- or some other oil if they don't like mineral oil- in the morning and then use 3-4 drops of the "solution" in the evening. This has cleared impactions on its own and also works as a great preventive when used once or twice a week. It is much less harsh than the OTC products.

And speaking of the wonders of hydrogen peroxide.. do you all know the skunk remedy? (see below) I have used this with great success for my lab. It totally eliminated the odor. Previous "skunkings" treated with other techniques were never more successful than basic bathing. I have NOT used the douche product so cannot attest to that.

Carla

1 quart (or liter) of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, H2O2. Use fresh (unopened) hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). Hydrogen peroxide eventually turns into water (H2O). 1/4 cup (50 ml.) of Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (5 ml.) of Liquid Soap 1 pair of plastic or latex gloves

Bathe the dog outside or, if it's too dark or cold, in the bathroom with the door closed and window opened. Combine the ingredients in an open container (do not store in a sealed bottle--it will explode). Using gloves, wash your dog with lukewarm water and the mixture while the mixture is bubbling. Work the mixture well into the fur. Be sure to concentrate on the area that was sprayed. Keep mixture away from your dog's face and eyes (it's a harsh solution). (If your dog has been sprayed in the face, try Tricotine Liquid Douche Concentrate or any over-the-counter douche.) Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes or so before rinsing off. Rinse the dog with lukewarm tap water. Don't wash the mixture into your dog's eyes (use a washcloth to cover the eyes if you're rinsing the head). After bathing, check your dog's eyes. If they are red and watering, your dog may have taken a direct hit in the face. Skunk spray won't blind the dog, but it's very painful. Contact a vet.

Related to this topic...

my favorite home remedy for cerumen impactions is this "Ear Wax Solution"

1 part hydrogen peroxide

1 part white vinegar

2 parts water

Tell the patient to use a couple drops of mineral oil- or some other oil if they don't like mineral oil- in the morning and then use 3-4 drops of the "solution" in the evening. This has cleared impactions on its own and also works as a great preventive when used once or twice a week. It is much less harsh than the OTC products.

And speaking of the wonders of hydrogen peroxide.. do you all know the skunk remedy? (see below) I have used this with great success for my lab. It totally eliminated the odor. Previous "skunkings" treated with other techniques were never more successful than basic bathing. I have NOT used the douche product so cannot attest to that.

Carla

1 quart (or liter) of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, H2O2. Use fresh (unopened) hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). Hydrogen peroxide eventually turns into water (H2O). 1/4 cup (50 ml.) of Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (5 ml.) of Liquid Soap 1 pair of plastic or latex gloves

Bathe the dog outside or, if it's too dark or cold, in the bathroom with the door closed and window opened. Combine the ingredients in an open container (do not store in a sealed bottle--it will explode). Using gloves, wash your dog with lukewarm water and the mixture while the mixture is bubbling. Work the mixture well into the fur. Be sure to concentrate on the area that was sprayed. Keep mixture away from your dog's face and eyes (it's a harsh solution). (If your dog has been sprayed in the face, try Tricotine Liquid Douche Concentrate or any over-the-counter douche.) Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes or so before rinsing off. Rinse the dog with lukewarm tap water. Don't wash the mixture into your dog's eyes (use a washcloth to cover the eyes if you're rinsing the head). After bathing, check your dog's eyes. If they are red and watering, your dog may have taken a direct hit in the face. Skunk spray won't blind the dog, but it's very painful. Contact a vet.