RemedySpot.com

PA versus NP in ILLINOIS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had tried to send an email about this before, but didn't get many responses. I'm at a point now where I do need extra part time help-I want to hire a PA or NP that is part time (30-35 hours per week). I would prefer a female since I'm male and have found myself with my females as my patients since I see so many kids. I have many questions:Firstly, should I just hire a healthcare consultant to help me with all the legal issues and hiring issues?Which is preferred in Illinois for a family physician, an NP or PA?What should I look for in my potential candidates?

Is 37.50/hour ok for starting

pay? Or should I do a production model? How do you figure compensation model? What is best?What does my biller need to do differently when billing? What do I need to do for them regarding all the credentialing, etc?

What are all the legal issues

we have to deal with (ie coverage when I¢m not in

office or when I go on vacation?), any other things we need to know and do? I know every state is different, that's why I'm hoping somebody that is in Illinois can send me a response as well, but please, anybody with a PA/NP chime in. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!