RemedySpot.com

Re: Evidence-based Care and also---

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is a big battle to do EBMDocs can do better. sure Guidelines.gov very useful but then evidence changes- go ahead tell me how easy it is to get info to become evidence based then put into practice which test which brand hemoocult? hemoccult sensa? Quick vue??? cost reimbursment ?colonsocpy/ flat lesions? rt sided lesions??.

HArumph. Walk a mile in my shoes Mr Friend. Jeanvery firmly

Your friend is full of you know whatEVEN IF all those awful poorly trained PCPs out there were really doing all those unnecessary cbc's lets' see at 11.00 each how long would it take to have the cbc's cost add up to buy a pill of gleevac or the oncology pill du jour?

Your frined has lousy info and likes to shift blameI see lots of charts as people come in as new patietns i have a doc. My husbdan goes to a doc. I have been a doc. for long time. working at a VA for three years ALWAYS reading other peoples chartthere VERY feW unnecessary tests

In fact sometime folks were started on statins and never had followup lfts orl ipidsYour frined is not helpful in the mess that is health care.Send him over and i will tell him so.Jean. firmly.

As we spend a good bit of energy (myself certainly included) highlighting the way insurance

companies mistreat primary care, I thought it only fair to relay this story in the interest of

balance...

I was talking with a friend of mine who works for a large insurance company. He told me

that they could pay for every experimental protocol for end-stage cancer request they

receive each year in the U.S. if they could only get primary care docs in Wichita (or any other

city of similar size) to stop ordering non-indicated screening labs (lfts, cbcs, basic lytes, etc)

and CXRs on asymptomatic patients. He said specifically " we love primary care when it's

done right because it saves us a ton of money - the problem is our experience is that most

primary care docs don't practice EBM - and for us that's a real hurdle to the logic of

increasing what we pay them. "

Food for thought...

Chad

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/

MD

ph fax

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/

MD ph fax

It is a big battle to do EBMDocs can do better. sure Guidelines.gov very useful but then evidence changes- go ahead tell me how easy it is to get info to become evidence based then put into practice which test which brand hemoocult? hemoccult sensa? Quick vue??? cost reimbursment ?colonsocpy/ flat lesions? rt sided lesions??.

HArumph. Walk a mile in my shoes Mr Friend. Jeanvery firmly

Your friend is full of you know whatEVEN IF all those awful poorly trained PCPs out there were really doing all those unnecessary cbc's lets' see at 11.00 each how long would it take to have the cbc's cost add up to buy a pill of gleevac or the oncology pill du jour?

Your frined has lousy info and likes to shift blameI see lots of charts as people come in as new patietns i have a doc. My husbdan goes to a doc. I have been a doc. for long time. working at a VA for three years ALWAYS reading other peoples chartthere VERY feW unnecessary tests

In fact sometime folks were started on statins and never had followup lfts orl ipidsYour frined is not helpful in the mess that is health care.Send him over and i will tell him so.Jean. firmly.

As we spend a good bit of energy (myself certainly included) highlighting the way insurance

companies mistreat primary care, I thought it only fair to relay this story in the interest of

balance...

I was talking with a friend of mine who works for a large insurance company. He told me

that they could pay for every experimental protocol for end-stage cancer request they

receive each year in the U.S. if they could only get primary care docs in Wichita (or any other

city of similar size) to stop ordering non-indicated screening labs (lfts, cbcs, basic lytes, etc)

and CXRs on asymptomatic patients. He said specifically " we love primary care when it's

done right because it saves us a ton of money - the problem is our experience is that most

primary care docs don't practice EBM - and for us that's a real hurdle to the logic of

increasing what we pay them. "

Food for thought...

Chad

MD

ph fax

MD ph fax