RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Solo advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

1. so this cool IMP thing is that they DO complain they did not get to read the magazinesI say " Ok you can stay here and read...I'll go to my room and have a donut " 2 The reimbursement issue is interesting

we get paid a comprhensive fee though women may be more work some say But some comprehensive physicals are more work than others anyway I am not discounting what and others accurately point out. I am just thinking....

If we were all paid a dollar a day for each of our patients ( which is the idea Egly , math wiz , has promoted as something pcp's can do -- care for people for that amount of money) think about it now --a panel of 700 people ,700x 365- your overhead, ooh lots of dollars for good care and still cheaper for the country overall if care is " good " coordinated etc

but even then each dollar each day for each patietn would vary wouldn't it?Money is a real pain!:)

Yikes! But they will go pay the GYN? That sounds backwards doesn't it? Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm rural I think folks will still come here rather than traveling and waiting and waiting. (I'm haing the greatest time NOT using my waiting room! Patients complain --- it's so comfortble and I didn't even get to sit down!) Thanks again.

From: leslie <lstrouseinsightbb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] Re: Solo advice

To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 5:52 PM

Wayne,

I agree with you 100%. I am going to stop doing GYN exams as well because I am tired of not being paid for them. Most of the big insurers in my area bundle the GYN exam with the rest of the annual exam fee. I have begged, I have pleaded and I have cursed but nothing changes. I do not do Paps on men and I get the same reimbursement for their annual exams as I do for the women on whom I do Paps and I do not have to collect specimens, clean and sterilize equipment, review test results and call men about their results. So, from now on, most of my women will just have to take another day off work and go to a gynecologist and pay another copay to get their Paps done. I am done.

[Practiceimprovemen t1] Solo advice> > I need some advice. I am opening my cash-only practice in January and given the economy > am realistic about how fast it will grow. I am absolutely convinced it can be successful,

but > the ramp up will surely be slower than it would have been a couple of years ago. Therefore, > I'm getting very serious about controlling

overhead so I can make it through the lean months, > and perhaps years, it will take to get the practice where it needs to be. I've not been overly > excited about practicing with no support, but the economic realities may force that

decision. > So the question - how can a male provider realistically practice solo-solo without a > chaperone available for gyn exams, or focused cardiac exams for that matter? How are > others solving this?

> > Thanks -> > Chad Costley> chadcostley@ ... > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

1. so this cool IMP thing is that they DO complain they did not get to read the magazinesI say " Ok you can stay here and read...I'll go to my room and have a donut " 2 The reimbursement issue is interesting

we get paid a comprhensive fee though women may be more work some say But some comprehensive physicals are more work than others anyway I am not discounting what and others accurately point out. I am just thinking....

If we were all paid a dollar a day for each of our patients ( which is the idea Egly , math wiz , has promoted as something pcp's can do -- care for people for that amount of money) think about it now --a panel of 700 people ,700x 365- your overhead, ooh lots of dollars for good care and still cheaper for the country overall if care is " good " coordinated etc

but even then each dollar each day for each patietn would vary wouldn't it?Money is a real pain!:)

Yikes! But they will go pay the GYN? That sounds backwards doesn't it? Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm rural I think folks will still come here rather than traveling and waiting and waiting. (I'm haing the greatest time NOT using my waiting room! Patients complain --- it's so comfortble and I didn't even get to sit down!) Thanks again.

From: leslie <lstrouseinsightbb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] Re: Solo advice

To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 5:52 PM

Wayne,

I agree with you 100%. I am going to stop doing GYN exams as well because I am tired of not being paid for them. Most of the big insurers in my area bundle the GYN exam with the rest of the annual exam fee. I have begged, I have pleaded and I have cursed but nothing changes. I do not do Paps on men and I get the same reimbursement for their annual exams as I do for the women on whom I do Paps and I do not have to collect specimens, clean and sterilize equipment, review test results and call men about their results. So, from now on, most of my women will just have to take another day off work and go to a gynecologist and pay another copay to get their Paps done. I am done.

[Practiceimprovemen t1] Solo advice> > I need some advice. I am opening my cash-only practice in January and given the economy > am realistic about how fast it will grow. I am absolutely convinced it can be successful,

but > the ramp up will surely be slower than it would have been a couple of years ago. Therefore, > I'm getting very serious about controlling

overhead so I can make it through the lean months, > and perhaps years, it will take to get the practice where it needs to be. I've not been overly > excited about practicing with no support, but the economic realities may force that

decision. > So the question - how can a male provider realistically practice solo-solo without a > chaperone available for gyn exams, or focused cardiac exams for that matter? How are > others solving this?

> > Thanks -> > Chad Costley> chadcostley@ ... > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

That's like a captitation fee of $30/month. That might be doable. Problem is, the insurers only want to pay $5 a month. Even if they were to start at $30, they would then spend a ton of money attempting to justify lowering your capitation payments.

To: Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 12:26:12 PMSubject: Re: Re: Solo advice

1. so this cool IMP thing is that they DO complain they did not get to read the magazinesI say "Ok you can stay here and read...I'll go to my room and have a donut"2 The reimbursement issue is interesting we get paid a comprhensive fee though women may be more work some say But some comprehensive physicals are more work than others anyway I am not discounting what and others accurately point out. I am just thinking.... If we were all paid a dollar a day for each of our patients ( which is the idea Egly , math wiz , has promoted as something pcp's can do -- care for people for that amount of money) think about it now --a panel of 700 people ,700x 365- your overhead, ooh lots of dollars for good care and still cheaper for the country overall if care is "good"

coordinated etc but even then each dollar each day for each patietn would vary wouldn't it?Money is a real pain!:)

From: leslie <lstrouseinsightbb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] Re: Solo adviceTo: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 5:52 PM

Wayne,

[Practiceimprovemen t1] Solo advice> > I need some advice. I am opening my cash-only practice in January and given the economy > am realistic about how fast it will grow. I am absolutely convinced it can be successful, but > the ramp up

will surely be slower than it would have been a couple of years ago. Therefore, > I'm getting very serious about controlling overhead so I can make it through the lean months, > and perhaps years, it will take to get the practice where it needs to be. I've not been overly > excited about practicing with no support, but the economic realities may force that decision. > So the question - how can a male provider realistically practice solo-solo without a > chaperone available for gyn exams, or focused cardiac exams for that matter? How are > others solving this? > > Thanks -> > Chad Costley> chadcostley@ ... > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

That's like a captitation fee of $30/month. That might be doable. Problem is, the insurers only want to pay $5 a month. Even if they were to start at $30, they would then spend a ton of money attempting to justify lowering your capitation payments.

1. so this cool IMP thing is that they DO complain they did not get to read the magazinesI say "Ok you can stay here and read...I'll go to my room and have a donut"2 The reimbursement issue is interesting we get paid a comprhensive fee though women may be more work some say But some comprehensive physicals are more work than others anyway I am not discounting what and others accurately point out. I am just thinking.... If we were all paid a dollar a day for each of our patients ( which is the idea Egly , math wiz , has promoted as something pcp's can do -- care for people for that amount of money) think about it now --a panel of 700 people ,700x 365- your overhead, ooh lots of dollars for good care and still cheaper for the country overall if care is "good"

coordinated etc but even then each dollar each day for each patietn would vary wouldn't it?Money is a real pain!:)

From: leslie <lstrouseinsightbb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] Re: Solo adviceTo: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 5:52 PM

Wayne,

[Practiceimprovemen t1] Solo advice> > I need some advice. I am opening my cash-only practice in January and given the economy > am realistic about how fast it will grow. I am absolutely convinced it can be successful, but > the ramp up

will surely be slower than it would have been a couple of years ago. Therefore, > I'm getting very serious about controlling overhead so I can make it through the lean months, > and perhaps years, it will take to get the practice where it needs to be. I've not been overly > excited about practicing with no support, but the economic realities may force that decision. > So the question - how can a male provider realistically practice solo-solo without a > chaperone available for gyn exams, or focused cardiac exams for that matter? How are > others solving this? > > Thanks -> > Chad Costley> chadcostley@ ... > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

Wayne,