RemedySpot.com

Re: Solo advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chadjust as starters, here's a link to the wiki section about chaperones from both male and female perspectivehttps://idealhealth.wikispaces.com/Chaperoneand if you look in the group archives, I think Tim Malia? posted a while back about this ( hope that's right Tim ) and I remember thinking what he said sounded rightMy sense of it from listening to the males in the group is that it is very doable. Personally, no one has ever asked me for a chaperone, but sometimes they bring their partners for sensitive exams.Also the lab that I share space with, most of the phlebotomists are trained as medical assistants and they've volunteered, should I ever need anyone to some over (doesn't work after hours obviously).LynnTo: From: chadcostley@...Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:40:32 +0000Subject: Solo advice

I need some advice. I am opening my cash-only practice in January and given the economy

am realistic about how fast it will grow. I am absolutely convinced it can be successful, but

the ramp up will surely be slower than it would have been a couple of years ago. Therefore,

I'm getting very serious about controlling overhead so I can make it through the lean months,

and perhaps years, it will take to get the practice where it needs to be. I've not been overly

excited about practicing with no support, but the economic realities may force that decision.

So the question - how can a male provider realistically practice solo-solo without a

chaperone available for gyn exams, or focused cardiac exams for that matter? How are

others solving this?

Thanks -

Chad Costley

chadcostleymac

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.

Don't do gyn exams. When my sister stopped doing them, it really saved us alot of headaches. But I do understand that as cash only, you may want to offer it--maybe as part of the annual? We are trying to slowly convert to cash only and are re-thinking the issue.

To: Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:40:32 AMSubject: Solo adviceI need some advice. I am opening my cash-only practice in January and given the economy am realistic about how fast it will grow. I am absolutely convinced it can be successful, but the ramp up will surely be slower than it would have been a couple of years ago. Therefore, I'm getting very serious about controlling overhead so I can make it through the lean months, and perhaps years, it will take to get the practice where it needs to be. I've not been overly excited about practicing with no support, but the economic realities may force

that decision. So the question - how can a male provider realistically practice solo-solo without a chaperone available for gyn exams, or focused cardiac exams for that matter? How are others solving this? Thanks -Chad Costleychadcostley@... ------------------------------------