RemedySpot.com

ABFM Part IV Recert

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FOr the family docs out there, has anyone done a Part IV module yet for the maint.

of certification requirement???? I am lucky enough to have been in the first group

to get stuck with these lovely SAM's and have put off doing the Part IV module as

long as I could. I just finished this years SAM and now realize I need to think

about next year's Part IV long before December ( when I usually do them) as it seems

you have to do more prolonged, chart review type stuff. I know you can do

METRIC through AAFP among other things.So, I would appreciate any

advice/feedback from those who may been so fortunate to have already done the Part

IV thing. THanks in advance for any help.Margaret Coughlan

I too would like to know. Thanks.

Subject: ABFM Part IV RecertTo: practiceimprovement1 Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 11:28 PM

FOr the family docs out there, has anyone done a Part IV module yet for the maint. of certification requirement? ??? I am lucky enough to have been in the first group to get stuck with these lovely SAM's and have put off doing the Part IV module as long as I could. I just finished this years SAM and now realize I need to think about next year's Part IV long before December ( when I usually do them) as it seems you have to do more prolonged, chart review type stuff. I know you can do METRIC through AAFP among other things.So, I would appreciate any advice/feedback from those who may been so fortunate to have already done the Part IV thing. THanks in advance for any help.Margaret Coughlan

I was in the same group of guinea pigs. First board cert in 2003. I did the DM module via AAFP Metric. I think it simplified the process a bit and was worthwhile to help get me a little more organized. I used my emr to find 20 patients with diabetes, and had to record their stats at the beginning and again 3 months or so later. It reminded me to check microalbumins once a year, though that didn't really help the tracking part, since 3 months later was a bit too soon to see any change. Start with a larger number of patients than you really need for the Part IV. If they're anything like my patients, they feel that coming back every 3 months is an unreasonable imposition on them, not that their doctor is trying to help them improve their health. MadonnaSubject: ABFM Part IV RecertTo: practiceimprovement1 Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 11:28 PM

FOr the family docs out there, has anyone done a Part IV module yet for the maint.

of certification requirement? ??? I am lucky enough to have been in the first group

to get stuck with these lovely SAM's and have put off doing the Part IV module as

about next year's Part IV long before December ( when I usually do them) as it seems

advice/feedback from those who may been so fortunate to have already done the Part

I was in the same group of guinea pigs. First board cert in 2003. I did the DM module via AAFP Metric. I think it simplified the process a bit and was worthwhile to help get me a little more organized. I used my emr to find 20 patients with diabetes, and had to record their stats at the beginning and again 3 months or so later. It reminded me to check microalbumins once a year, though that didn't really help the tracking part, since 3 months later was a bit too soon to see any change. Start with a larger number of patients than you really need for the Part IV. If they're anything like my patients, they feel that coming back every 3 months is an unreasonable imposition on them, not that their doctor is trying to help them improve their health. MadonnaSubject: ABFM Part IV RecertTo: practiceimprovement1 Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 11:28 PM

of certification requirement? ??? I am lucky enough to have been in the first group