RemedySpot.com

Re: Need help. Working from within.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So what is diferent with your practice vs others in area (a Dr Bruce Carlson who says his clinics contract at 160% of Medicare in Oregon at AAFP's listserv).

Don't your private insurers pay about 120% of Medicare?

Matt in Western PA

Re: Need help. Working from within.

From Drain,

So I contacted my congressman's office, (Defazio) about finding a way to get a local exception to the regulation limiting the pricing of office visits to the medicare amounts, and forbidding us to have retainer practices for smaller amounts if we are also taking medicare. I put it to them that as of this week we have now had all the mills in Southern Oregon close, all the mines in Southern Oregon close, that 60% of my town's previously employed people are not now employed and that these uninsured are going to flood the single sliding scale federally funded clinic thirty miles away in Roseburg beyond capacity.

The congressman's office has agreed to help facilitate this, particularly aiming at underserved areas.

My memory is that there were one or two small exception practices that were allowed to do this kind of thing after they went to court, but it has been months since I read about them. Does anyone know to whom you would apply and how in order to get such an exception? They need a direction to work on.

Gordon?

Joanne Hollane DVM/MD Drain, Oregon.

if you take medicrae yes you get in trouble You can have only one fee schedule.If you do not take medicare I guess this would fly

I have been thinking about this too. There are many factories closing or drastically cutting back nearby (RV industry). I now have more patients without insurance and expect it to get worse. I am usually off (haha, doing paperwork) on Thursdays and thought...........could I offer walk in appts for 2-3 hours, just on Thursdays -->one problem only $35........ " Thrifty Thursdays " ! I figure this could work for those pts I am not contracted with and might help a few folks. Is there something I am overlooking legally, like with CMS that will not allow me to do this?

Ortega-Schmitt

From: Dr Levin <dr_levincomcast (DOT) net>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] Need help. Working from within.To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) com

Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 7:01 AM

So what is diferent with your practice vs others in area (a Dr Bruce Carlson who says his clinics contract at 160% of Medicare in Oregon at AAFP's listserv).

Don't your private insurers pay about 120% of Medicare?

Matt in Western PA

Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] Need help. Working from within.

From Drain,

So I contacted my congressman' s office, (Defazio) about finding a way to get a local exception to the regulation limiting the pricing of office visits to the medicare amounts, and forbidding us to have retainer practices for smaller amounts if we are also taking medicare. I put it to them that as of this week we have now had all the mills in Southern Oregon close, all the mines in Southern Oregon close, that 60% of my town's previously employed people are not now employed and that these uninsured are going to flood the single sliding scale federally funded clinic thirty miles away in Roseburg beyond capacity.

The congressman' s office has agreed to help facilitate this, particularly aiming at underserved areas.

My memory is that there were one or two small exception practices that were allowed to do this kind of thing after they went to court, but it has been months since I read about them. Does anyone know to whom you would apply and how in order to get such an exception? They need a direction to work on.

Gordon?

Joanne Hollane DVM/MD Drain, Oregon.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 12 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax