RemedySpot.com

The Only 12 1/2 Writing Rules You'll Ever Need

Rate this topic

Guest guest

1. If you write everyday, you get better at writing everyday.2. If it's boring to you, it's boring to your reader.3. Get a writing routine, and stick with it.4. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme.5. Resist stereotypes, in real life and in writing.6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.7. Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.8. There doesn't always have to be a moral to the story.9. Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.10. Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.11. Don't settle on just one style. Try something new.12. Learn to tell both sides of the story.12 1/2. Stop reading this and go write something.Klaus Joehle [of the "Living On Love" books] wrote and reminded me to "write"; forget about "publishing". They are not the same things. Just write and the publishing will take care of itself. Bach answered a letter years ago and told me, "just write it". Don't worry about how it comes out or who might ever read it "just write it".And I say, get it out of your head and on to the page. You may surprise yourself by what comes flowing out.Love D~

thank you ! that was really useful. It made me smile and have mini daydreams, too!Oh and of course, it was short n sweet. (love those)love n light,Anoud ( " alice " )

On 9/26/07, <knightsintention@...> wrote:

1. If you write everyday, you get better at writing everyday.2. If it's boring to you, it's boring to your reader.3. Get a writing routine, and stick with it.4. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme.

5. Resist stereotypes, in real life and in writing.6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.7. Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.8. There doesn't always have to be a moral to the story.

9. Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.10. Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.11. Don't settle on just one style. Try something new.12. Learn to tell both sides of the story.

12 1/2. Stop reading this and go write something.Klaus Joehle [of the " Living On Love " books] wrote and reminded me to " write " ; forget about " publishing " . They are not the same things. Just write and the publishing will take care of itself.

Bach answered a letter years ago and told me, " just write it " . Don't worry about how it comes out or who might ever read it " just write it " .And I say, get it out of your head and on to the page. You may surprise yourself by what comes flowing out.

Love D~

*giggles* Thank you dear. This is wonderful advice! It is so easy to doubt ourselves when we write, or to let insecurities keep us from what we're really thinking because we fear others really might read it! hehe It's also so easy to get wrapped up in day to day life, and forget to write. Writing is one of the ultimate forms of communication because it holds more truth than the spoken word. Even if it's fiction. Infinite love to you brother,Stefanie>> 1. If you write everyday, you get better at writing everyday.> 2. If it's boring to you, it's boring to your reader.> 3. Get a writing routine, and stick with it.> 4. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme.> 5. Resist stereotypes, in real life and in writing.> 6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.> 7. Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.> 8. There doesn't always have to be a moral to the story.> 9. Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.> 10. Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.> 11. Don't settle on just one style. Try something new.> 12. Learn to tell both sides of the story.> 12 1/2. Stop reading this and go write something.> > Klaus Joehle [of the "Living On Love" books] wrote and reminded me to> "write"; forget about "publishing". They are not the same things. Just> write and the publishing will take care of itself.> > Bach answered a letter years ago and told me, "just write it".> Don't worry about how it comes out or who might ever read it "just write> it".> > And I say, get it out of your head and on to the page. You may surprise> yourself by what comes flowing out.> > Love D~>