RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: uptodate.com andother resources

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No librarian on staff. H**l, our 'physicians lounge' has a TV, refrigerator and two chairs. Oh yes, and an entrance to 'Health Information " . Our pharmacy dept has gotten Lexicomp. It was better a few years ago, but they have pared down to offerings. It is still a reasonable resource and the only thing that our hospital has done to help the doctors access medical information!

and I mean I get this stuff over the internet even when I am at home through the hospital site this is a very important thing for IMPS running on a shoe string needing access to information at the point of care who may not realize this benefit could exist in your community

And I am on staff at two hospitals due to preceptoing down at the residency AND the other hospital has OTHER resources I c an sign in to.librarians are full of valuable info if you ask them they get you stuff.,yes?

Just a questionMAYbe my situation is unusual DO none of you have hospitals that get you up to date and other things for the price of your staff dues?

I can read the new england JOurnal of medicine freeI get up to date.comI get all kinds of stuff From t he hospital libraryHave you guys talked to your librarian?

Jean

Thanks!Do you have a personal subscription?Do you think the expense is worth it? For the CME?I personally regard it as a superb resource, I have access through my hospitals and wonder if I should invest in it for my personal use (the hospital access is only through their intranet).

-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/

please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

-- Lynette I Iles MD 301 South Iowa Ste 2Washington IA 52353 Flexible Family Care'Modern medicine the old-fashioned way'

This e-mail and attachments may contain information which is confidential and is only for the named addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer.

oh well that's it then we do not have a lounge. or TV. or fridge.(sometimes I have admitted and stayed in the hospital and I have to call the supervisor for a room so there has to be an empty patietn room.WHich always makes me nervous I will be given insulin or something in t he middle of the night... I do not sleep well then.

Jean

No librarian on staff. H**l, our 'physicians lounge' has a TV, refrigerator and two chairs. Oh yes, and an entrance to 'Health Information " . Our pharmacy dept has gotten Lexicomp. It was better a few years ago, but they have pared down to offerings. It is still a reasonable resource and the only thing that our hospital has done to help the doctors access medical information!

and I mean I get this stuff over the internet even when I am at home through the hospital site this is a very important thing for IMPS running on a shoe string needing access to information at the point of care who may not realize this benefit could exist in your community

And I am on staff at two hospitals due to preceptoing down at the residency AND the other hospital has OTHER resources I c an sign in to.librarians are full of valuable info if you ask them they get you stuff.,yes?

Just a questionMAYbe my situation is unusual DO none of you have hospitals that get you up to date and other things for the price of your staff dues?

I can read the new england JOurnal of medicine freeI get up to date.comI get all kinds of stuff From t he hospital libraryHave you guys talked to your librarian?

Jean

Thanks!Do you have a personal subscription?Do you think the expense is worth it? For the CME?I personally regard it as a superb resource, I have access through my hospitals and wonder if I should invest in it for my personal use (the hospital access is only through their intranet).

-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH--

If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/

please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/

MD

ph fax

-- Lynette I Iles MD 301 South Iowa Ste 2Washington IA 52353 Flexible Family Care

'Modern medicine the old-fashioned way'

This e-mail and attachments may contain information which is confidential and is only for the named addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

I understand. We only have a lounge because our administrator decided that he needed to build a pretty hospital before he retired. I didn't get a key to the OB call room for a year afterwards. Ahhh, politics :-)

oh well that's it then we do not have a lounge. or TV. or fridge.(sometimes I have admitted and stayed in the hospital and I have to call the supervisor for a room so there has to be an empty patietn room.WHich always makes me nervous I will be given insulin or something in t he middle of the night... I do not sleep well then.

Jean

Just a questionMAYbe my situation is unusual DO none of you have hospitals that get you up to date and other things for the price of your staff dues?I can read the new england JOurnal of medicine free

I get up to date.comI get all kinds of stuff From t he hospital libraryHave you guys talked to your librarian?Jean

-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

ph fax

ph fax

-- Lynette I Iles MD 301 South Iowa Ste 2Washington IA 52353 Flexible Family Care'Modern medicine the old-fashioned way' This e-mail and attachments may contain information which is confidential and is only for the named addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer.

ph fax

-- Lynette I Iles MD 301 South Iowa Ste 2Washington IA 52353 Flexible Family Care'Modern medicine the old-fashioned way'

If you are a community preceptor for students you can often get those resources even though you never go to the hospital, etc. I don't have hospital privileges anywhere but I can log in through the family practice department.

Thanks!Do you have a personal subscription?Do you think the expense is worth it? For the CME?I personally regard it as a superb resource, I have access through my hospitals and wonder if I should invest in it for my personal use (the hospital access is only through their intranet).-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

-- Lynette I Iles MD 301 South Iowa Ste 2Washington IA 52353 Flexible Family Care'Modern medicine the old-fashioned way' This e-mail and attachments may contain information which is confidential and is only for the named addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer.