RemedySpot.com

Re: Levothyroxine dosing.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been taking mine at 2pm everyday for the last 10 years. I got in this habit while I was in residency after having my subtotal thyroidectomy. It was right at the end of lunch and before afternoon hours began. Same way the timing is done in my office. The endocrinologist I see now used to complain about my taking it this way but after 8 years of stable TSH's he has quit complaining.

Dr. Beth Sullivan, DORidgeway Family Practice, PCCommerce, GA

Levothyroxine dosing.

OK, so the patient comes in. "I can't take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach". Doesn't matter the reason. So I say, "as long as you take it consitantly, the same way every day, that's OK". I feel it is certainly better than not taking it.

Am I wrong?

this all seems like common sense to meLike the grapefruit thing-Ok so it makes some medicines stronger So advise the patietn eat it regular and adjust medicine if they do I had a guy once I used to have to adjust his coumadin only in novemebr Becasue it was hunting season and he ate more or different o r something

That mixture of common sense and thinking is why we are docs.I like common sense

I have been taking mine at 2pm everyday for the last 10 years. I got in this habit while I was in residency after having my subtotal thyroidectomy. It was right at the end of lunch and before afternoon hours began. Same way the timing is done in my office. The endocrinologist I see now used to complain about my taking it this way but after 8 years of stable TSH's he has quit complaining.

Dr. Beth Sullivan, DORidgeway Family Practice, PCCommerce, GA

Levothyroxine dosing.

OK, so the patient comes in. " I can't take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach " . Doesn't matter the reason. So I say, " as long as you take it consitantly, the same way every day, that's OK " . I feel it is certainly better than not taking it.

Am I wrong?

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 12 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax