RemedySpot.com

Re: Recommended Billing Software

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Lifetime Licensing Charge?" So what exactly is that? Does that mean that you don't have to pay to upgrade to future versions? OH, I did visit Praxis' website and realize that they don't do new versions very frequently.

To: ; Schneider Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:53:22 AMSubject: Re: Recommended Billing SoftwareHi Maijo,Sam spent about six months looking into this, reading reviews, doing demos, and interviewing colleagues also setting up small practices. (Other than Praxis, he considered eMD, eClinicalWorks, Practice Partners, Amazing Charts, Tkfp (open source), Soapware, and Epic)Here's the "spiel"...Ultimately, he chose Praxis because it is not template based. Instead, it uses a “concept processor” to learn how the practitioner writes a note and

practices medicine. Every time the practitioner sees a patient, and writes a note, Praxis learns from what they do. The next time the doctor sees a similar patient, it will re-create the note previously designed, and allow you to edit/alter it as is appropriate. It will continue to do this over time, until eventually you have a library/database of notes that represent the way the practitioner thinks and practices medicine. In addition to this, it also allows you to incorporate established guidelines and reminders for specific problems or situations.His previous office was using NextGen which he absolutely hated. I felt like his job had become all about data entry and not at all about medicine. I guess you could say Praxis sounded like the Anti-NextGen. It's just much more flexible, more personal and patient focused. Notes look like notes. The doctor does not have to try and make every patient fit into categories that were

chosen by somebody else. If you want to change the way you approach a patient, or document something, you have complete control over that. At the same time it performs all the same functions as other EHRs; it tracks diseases, compliance, medications, allergies, etc… It also allows you to easily generate very readable and complete documents for referrals and hospital admissions. That said, we are still in the Honeymoon stage of using Praxis. Sam just finished getting three days of in-person training at the office (I should note that this was after several weeks of one-on-one over the phone training). Ask again in six months or a year and we'd be better able to give you reality check.As for price, it wasn't the cheapest--I think Tkfp is--but it certainly wasn't the most expensive either. It's about $5,000 for the software and then $5,000 per provider lifetime licensing charge.I'll pass this off to Sam now--in

case he has anything to add.Hope that helps!JenMaijo Michel wrote:

Hi ,

We're in the similar process of setting up a Solo Practice and I'm trying to choose an EMR for our practice. Can you give me more details about Praxis EMR like the capabilities it provide and the one-time cost and yearly cost.

Thanks

Maijo

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Lange Schneider <j.langeschneider@ gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,I'm brand new to the group. My husband is setting up his own smallrural Family Practice: one provider (him) and one officemanager/nurse. He's chosen his EMR (Praxis), but it doesn't havebilling software incorporated into it. Can anyone recommend a good,but not too expensive, billing system to use?

When pricing EMR's, make sure to understand how much licenses for your staff

will cost (if

you have staff or plan to ever add them). Sometimes, the charges for a

non-physician to

access the material are as high as for physician use.