RemedySpot.com

Another important site for our input

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Many of you may have already seen this but I think it is important for this group's voice to be heard.

www.change.gov is Obama's new site and there is a headline about Daschle when followed will lead you to a form to provide input on healthcare reform to their team. I spent an hour last night putting my thoughts into words as concisely as possible.... encouraging the team to look at Gordon and 's work in addition to considering "real change" and not only allowing, but promoting, direct "contracts" between providers and purchasers of primary healthcare rather than increasing the the insurance middle man and subsequent associated costs. I stressed that coverage does not necessarily equate to care and in my opinion, care is the first priority.

That lead me to the question that if the IMP model were more universal, would there be less care available? Does the TransforMed Model, with the larger team, enable larger numbers of patients to receive care per provider- or is it a wash, assuming the IMP has a similar networked "team"? Regardless, is it a reasonably true assumption that increasing access to care may threaten to overwhelm the current ability to provide care? If so, this aspect needs to be addressed as a top priority rather than scrambling after changes are implemented.

I've rambled from the point of my post- I encourage everyone to look at www.change.gov. Consider hosting a House Party- maybe Daschle will come to your house! Let's give them input!

Carla Gibson FNP

Missoula, MT

I recommend www.Prescriptionfor Change.org. This effort deserves our support.

Gordon

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

Hi CArlagEgly told me about this site change.gov and i was just there an hour or so ago..Thanks for posting it to all how wonderful of you to spend an hour sending in your thooughts

I just copy and paste other people's brilliance.... lazy bum that I am. The Cliff's notes of IMP-dom... The question about well if every one did an IMp has been raised before and there are a few answers as i understand it

1 well wouldn't it just be too cool if becasue working in the IMP way was so good tons more folks actually went into primary care instead of avoiding it like the plague now2 not that many people will find they are actually suited to do it so the question could be irrelevant--->

the core prinicples that began with Ideal MICROpractice can be exteded to highly efficient high functionin teams using microsystem prinicples but in bigger settings certainly what you talk about is exactly what is happening in MAssachusetts right now

everyone has insurance there now but there are not nearly enough primary care docs to care for the state's population. Perhaps a heads up call to t he nation?Jean

Many of you may have already seen this but I think it is important for this group's voice to be heard.

www.change.gov is Obama's new site and there is a headline about Daschle when followed will lead you to a form to provide input on healthcare reform to their team. I spent an hour last night putting my thoughts into words as concisely as possible.... encouraging the team to look at Gordon and 's work in addition to considering " real change " and not only allowing, but promoting, direct " contracts " between providers and purchasers of primary healthcare rather than increasing the the insurance middle man and subsequent associated costs. I stressed that coverage does not necessarily equate to care and in my opinion, care is the first priority.

That lead me to the question that if the IMP model were more universal, would there be less care available? Does the TransforMed Model, with the larger team, enable larger numbers of patients to receive care per provider- or is it a wash, assuming the IMP has a similar networked " team " ? Regardless, is it a reasonably true assumption that increasing access to care may threaten to overwhelm the current ability to provide care? If so, this aspect needs to be addressed as a top priority rather than scrambling after changes are implemented.

I've rambled from the point of my post- I encourage everyone to look at www.change.gov. Consider hosting a House Party- maybe Daschle will come to your house! Let's give them input!

Carla Gibson FNP

Missoula, MT

I recommend www.Prescriptionfor Change.org. This effort deserves our support.

Gordon

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax