> Thanks!

> in WI

> SAHM of

> Piper, nearly 3, ASD

> Bronwyn, 3 months

Hi ~

i just wanted to say im in WI too!

where about are you? Im way up north, close

to rhinelander, in a town called Crandon...

school is very small, but it has been Great

for my daughter...There are only 2 autistic

kids in the school, and the other,a boy is 2 grades

ahead of jenna.

just wanted to say hi and welcome to the group!

nancy~

single mom to:

joshua 15 (nt)

jenna 7 (Autism, OCD)

rachelle 2 (afraid of BUGS!)

• 1 year later...

Welcome!!!!!!!! This is a GREAT group that answers ALL of your

questions!!!! Keep fighting!!! I love this quote that

goes, " Anything worth having, is worth fighting for. " Dont you think

its the perfect quote for anyone trying to get their insurance to

approve DS?!?!!? I think so!!! Anyways, ill be praying for your

approval! Welcome to the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Amy

> Hi all. I am waiting for approval for the ds surgery from Blue

Shield

> and now I am hearing that it will most likely be denied as they

> starting denying it in the last few months. This is so

disheartening.

>

> I have been heavy all my life and have lost and gained so many

times

> I could probably make 4 people. After researching all the info on

the

> ds I feel it is the one I need, not the r and y, which the

insurance

> will pay for. I am now having problems with my knees and feet and

> various other body parts.I have been so excited since I found out

> about this surgery, which began when my sister went to see Dr K

last

> year.I am 49 years old and at this time in my life i feel it is my

> only hope for a normal second half of my life. There is still so

much

> i want to do that my weight makes impossible

>

> Thanks for being there to listen. This sounds like a great group.

> > Hi all. I am waiting for approval for the ds surgery from Blue

> Shield

> > and now I am hearing that it will most likely be denied as they

> > starting denying it in the last few months. This is so

> disheartening.

Amy, thanks so much for the encouragment. When I first started

looking into this surgery Blue Shield was paying for it. I have Blue

Cross with my work and they denied right away, which i was told they

would. My husband has Blue Shield through his work and i was all

excited because a friend of mine had the surgery and she had Blue

Shield and got approved no problem. I just keep praying that maybe

just maybe I

will get lucky.

Terri

> >

> > I have been heavy all my life and have lost and gained so many

> times

> > I could probably make 4 people. After researching all the info on

> the

> > ds I feel it is the one I need, not the r and y, which the

> insurance

> > will pay for. I am now having problems with my knees and feet and

> > various other body parts.I have been so excited since I found out

> > about this surgery, which began when my sister went to see Dr K

> last

> > year.I am 49 years old and at this time in my life i feel it is

my

> > only hope for a normal second half of my life. There is still so

> much

> > i want to do that my weight makes impossible

> >

> > Thanks for being there to listen. This sounds like a great group.

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCV

which I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say the

least.

Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ive

subscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a few

of the posts but get pretty depressed just reading what the tx is

going to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im just

starting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for a

liver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have not

been to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find the

HCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes me

ill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are saying just wait till it

starts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. I

was in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I had

it. Now im talking treatment but each day I can barely wrap my mind

around this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year then

the next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourself

shots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I can

only imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decide

too. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I will be lurking and

reading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Im

usually a very up beat person....

God Bless,

Steve in California.

K6NNN@...

Some of you probably read this same post on one of the other groups

but a nice lady named Tina wrote me and said to check this group out

too. Thanks for listening.

hi steve,and welcome this is the best ive done was to join this grp and ask all kinds of questions and reach out for help and i have and it is here, everysingle one has contributed and helped me along in one way or another i am on wk 8 of tx. the first step for me was the biopsy, whichi was so scared of and it was nothing, didnt hurt didnt feel it, it was over before i knew it, just know you are not alone, and i dint know how true that was till this grp came into my life, i have type 2 and need 24 weeks of treatment , joycen6tt wrote: Hi everyone,My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCVwhich I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say theleast.Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ivesubscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a fewof the posts but get pretty depressed just reading what the tx isgoing to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im juststarting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for aliver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have notbeen to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find theHCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes meill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are saying just wait till itstarts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. Iwas in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I hadit. Now im talking treatment but

each day I can barely wrap my mindaround this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year thenthe next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourselfshots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I canonly imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decidetoo. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I will be lurking andreading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Imusually a very up beat person....God Bless,Steve in California.K6NNN@...Some of you probably read this same post on one of the other groupsbut a nice lady named Tina wrote me and said to check this group outtoo. Thanks for listening.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hey Steve, So glad to see you here.....I truly believe you are in the best place to get info and comforting words. These guys are awesome....I didn't know how to handle a lot of this until I found them....sounds like you and I will be doing tx around the same time.....I am genotype 2b, so I will only be doing 24 weeks.....but some of these guys have done 48 and some have done it twice.....but they're always here checking on you and cheering you on....they have this unique way of sending that great strength through these posts!!! So, welcome to our family...I know we will get each other through this. God Bless You, Tinan6tt wrote: Hi everyone,My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCVwhich I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say theleast.Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ivesubscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a fewof the posts but get pretty depressed just reading what the tx isgoing to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im juststarting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for aliver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have notbeen to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find theHCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes meill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are

saying just wait till itstarts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. Iwas in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I hadit. Now im talking treatment but each day I can barely wrap my mindaround this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year thenthe next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourselfshots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I canonly imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decidetoo. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I will be lurking andreading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Imusually a very up beat person....God Bless,Steve in California.K6NNN@...Some of you probably read this same post on one of the other groupsbut a nice lady named Tina wrote me and said to check this group outtoo. Thanks for

listening.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Welcome Steve. The shock at finding out you have a disease is natural, I think all of us had it to one degree or another. I sure did. You're doing the right thing by joining this group, it's the best for accurate knowledge and good support.

I have had hep C for over 30 years too. Treated in 2000 and relapsed and now just finished treatment in August. I'm waiting to see if I've reached SVR.

Hang in there and learn as much as you can, that's the first thing. The rest will come and we'll be here to help, as Joyce says. THere are many knowledgeable people, many in the health professions and most have taken tx and have their experiences to share with you.

Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: New to group

hi steve,and welcome this is the best ive done was to join this grp and ask all kinds of questions and reach out for help and i have and it is here, everysingle one has contributed and helped me along in one way or another i am on wk 8 of tx. the first step for me was the biopsy, whichi was so scared of and it was nothing, didnt hurt didnt feel it, it was over before i knew it, just know you are not alone, and i dint know how true that was till this grp came into my life, i have type 2 and need 24 weeks of treatment , joycen6tt wrote:

Hi everyone,My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCVwhich I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say theleast.Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ivesubscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a fewof the posts but get pretty depressed just reading what the tx isgoing to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im juststarting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for aliver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have notbeen to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find theHCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes meill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are saying just wait till itstarts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. Iwas in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I hadit. Now im talking treatment but each day I can barely wrap my mindaround this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year thenthe next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourselfshots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I canonly imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decidetoo. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I will be lurking andreading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Imusually a very up beat person....God Bless,Steve in California.

Hi Steve First off welcome to the group.. I see that you are a ham man,, lol, so is my hubby,, his call letters are KG6TZT.. he said to tell you that information is up to date on QRZ.. he said that you would understand what that all means,, lol.. I know very little about ham radio but might get my call letters one of these days. He's actively involved in the MARS program too.. Back to hep stuff,, I had to mention the other stuff before I forgot, lol,, Listen, when you go for your liver biopsy, tell your doc you want "conscious sedation".. its a piece of cake honey.. they start an IV and give you two different meds and you wont remember a thing.. it will be over with before you know it.. You will stay in the hosp for several hours afterwards and be required to lay on your right side until they are sure that you wont bleed. Its VERY RARE to have complications tho.. but a biopsy is sooo important to be able to tell how much

damage you do or do not have.. If you dont have a lot of damage, then you will have time to think about what you want to do.. Remember, this disease typically moves in decades,, so there is no rush.. take a deep breath, I know its scary but things will make more sense once you have this biopsy.. Do you know what genotype you are? Have you had a viral load done? YOU DONT have to make any decisions until after you have gathered all the facts.. Remember, we are here for you and we will help you all the way! Im jax, or jackie, one of the co-owners of the forum.. Im a genotype 1a, diagnosed 6 years ago but have had hep c for nearly 29 years now.. Was stage 3-4 of 0-4 with early cirrhosis when I was diagnosed, my virus was moving along fairly quickly with grade 3 of 4.. I treated 6 years ago, finished 5 years ago and am still undetectible unless I've relapsed in the last year, which would be very unusual. Im going to have my yearly PCR to

see if Im still undetectible soon..but I've been undetectible since my 12th week of tx and probably was clear of virus weeks before that.. Its doable hon, its not easy but it IS doable if you have a good doc who will treat your side effects.. I was a 911 paramedic at the time I treated and had to quit work because of the anemia was bad enough that I could no longer just jump up and run a call, couldnt carry all those jump kits and carry patients, could hardly walk to the ambulance at the time I had to stop working.. but I've known several ppl who have worked , when they had a desk job, all the way through treatment. IT CAN BE DONE!!! I know you must have many questions, so ask away.. Oh, and we always recommend that you get copies of everything from your doc to keep in a file at home.. They are YOUR records and your doc should gladly furnish copies for you with each visit... Most of us end up with questions on fri night at 10 pm etc, so you

can come here, with your copies and we can try to help you figure out what they mean.. once again, welcome to the group! jaxn6tt wrote: Hi everyone,My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCVwhich I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say theleast.Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ivesubscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a fewof the posts but get pretty depressed just reading

what the tx isgoing to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im juststarting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for aliver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have notbeen to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find theHCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes meill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are saying just wait till itstarts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. Iwas in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I hadit. Now im talking treatment but each day I can barely wrap my mindaround this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year thenthe next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourselfshots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I canonly imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decidetoo. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I

will be lurking andreading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Imusually a very up beat person....God Bless,Steve in California.K6NNN@...Some of you probably read this same post on one of the other groupsbut a nice lady named Tina wrote me and said to check this group outtoo. Thanks for listening.Jackie

Hi, Steve. I’m also 55 and got

hep back around 1970. You’re being very smart by reading what

people are discussing to see just what goes on with HCV and the tx (treatment)

involved.

I’m happy to say that I just

completed my 24 weeks of tx and it wasn’t as bad as I anticipated.

I was pretty frightened as is everyone, but the more you learn, the less afraid

you’ll be – trust me, it’s not a scary thing J Giving yourself a

shot is also no biggie – it beats having to drag yourself to a doctor’s

office. Besides your time, you’d have to pay them too! I was

on Pegasys (Roche) and the interferon is provided in pre-filled syringes.

All you do is attach the needle. If you’d like to see what is

involved, take a look at http://www.pegasys.com/

- there’s a little video there “How To Take Pegasys” that shows

you exactly what’s involved in self-injecting. Not scary at all,

really.

One more thing to add to your list of

things you NOW KNOW!!

One recommendation is to be sure you ask

for copies of every lab test report and keep them in a binder so you’ve

got your entire history of tx. Make sure you get the written report on

your liver biopsy and every blood test you get from now on.

Keep asking questions and someone here

will provide answers or at least some support.

Dorothy in NY

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of n6tt

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008

10:26 AM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: New

to group

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCV

which I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say the

least.

Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ive

subscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a few

of the posts but get pretty depressed just reading what the tx is

going to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im just

starting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for a

liver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have not

been to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find the

HCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes me

ill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are saying just wait till it

starts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. I

was in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I had

it. Now im talking treatment but each day I can barely wrap my mind

around this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year then

the next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourself

shots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I can

only imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decide

too. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I will be lurking and

reading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Im

usually a very up beat person....

God Bless,

Steve in California.

K6NNN@...

Hi Jackie,

Wow ive gotten so many wonderful emails the past two days I can barely

keep up with them :-) Im pleased to meet you and thanks so much for

all the info....First your hubby is correct I am a ham radio operator

and I looked him up on Qrz.com. Tell him Im using my club call on this

forum K6NNN but my regular callsign is N6TT. If he looks me up on

Qrz.com Ive posted a bio there with a picture of me at my station. Im

up each morning here on the air working Asian stations :-) Great on

his MARS activity. Maybe I will write to him as Ive been a ham for 42

yrs since I was 13 yrs old.

Enough of that, well I spoke with the hospital yesterday about the bio

and indeed they mentioned that they would give me a drug called

centenial??? But it sounds somewhat like the drug you mentioned. It is

really the fear of the unknown but after talking with all you

wonderful people Im starting to understand things abit more. I think

Im geno type 1 he said one year of shots but if I was geno 2 or 3 only

six months. I think that is what he said. Im suppose to go into see

him one week after the bio which is Monday so I will have a bunch of

questions. No I dont know my VL count is it or any other particulars

but Im sure going to find out. Its great to hear of people like you

who are in remission (is that what they say) or cured Id like to say

but I guess the Doctors dont like to use that term...Gee that is

wonderful Jackie. Here all I could think of is woe is me im 55 semi

retired getting ready to chuck it in and enjoy life, the kids are gone

and then I find this out...Well I feel much better now though. Ok

enough rambling, I promise not to go on and on like this again but I

got excited reading all the emails. Thank God I learned to type fast

as a kid...Tell your husband it was from taking code on a mill for 20

yrs he will know what im talking about :-) More later,

Steve

> Hi everyone,

>

> My name is Steve and Im 55 years old and was just told Ive got HCV

> which I probably contracted in 1960's. Boy what a shocker to say the

> least.

> Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this short.Ive

> subscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read a few

> of the posts but get pretty depressed just reading what the tx is

> going to be like so I can only take so much at a time. Im just

> starting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital for a

> liver bio which im scared to death just thinking of it. I have not

> been to a doctor in over 30 years hence the long period to find the

> HCV. Just the thought of this simple test so they say makes me

> ill...Silly I guess so, Im sure many are saying just wait till it

> starts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I come. I

> was in denial for six months before I could even face the fact I had

> it. Now im talking treatment but each day I can barely wrap my mind

> around this...First he says oh you will have shots for one year then

> the next visit oh by the way I will teach you how to give yourself

> shots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess. I can

> only imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even decide

> too. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I will be lurking and

> reading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over night. Im

> usually a very up beat person....

>

> God Bless,

>

> Steve in California.

> K6NNN@

>

> Some of you probably read this same post on one of the other groups

> but a nice lady named Tina wrote me and said to check this group out

> too. Thanks for listening.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for all the info, its wonderful to hear from folks who have

been through it. I pray one day I will be in the same position to help

others who are going though it. I appreciate everyone who took the

time to make me feel comfortable here and all the info im getting. Yea

the anticipation has been the worse. Its still very hard to wrap my

mind around it each day but I know its one day at a time.

Thanks for the link, I will go check it out. Also the advice on

keeping copies of everything from now on. More later,

Steve

>

> Hi, Steve. I'm also 55 and got hep back around 1970. You're being very

> smart by reading what people are discussing to see just what goes on

with

> HCV and the tx (treatment) involved.

>

>

>

> I'm happy to say that I just completed my 24 weeks of tx and it

wasn't as

> bad as I anticipated. I was pretty frightened as is everyone, but

the more

> you learn, the less afraid you'll be - trust me, it's not a scary

thing :-)

> Giving yourself a shot is also no biggie - it beats having to drag

yourself

> to a doctor's office. Besides your time, you'd have to pay them

too! I was

> on Pegasys (Roche) and the interferon is provided in pre-filled

syringes.

> All you do is attach the needle. If you'd like to see what is involved,

> take a look at http://www.pegasys.com/ - there's a little video

there " How

> To Take Pegasys " that shows you exactly what's involved in

self-injecting.

> Not scary at all, really.

>

>

>

> One more thing to add to your list of things you NOW KNOW!!

>

>

>

> One recommendation is to be sure you ask for copies of every lab

test report

> and keep them in a binder so you've got your entire history of tx. Make

> sure you get the written report on your liver biopsy and every blood

test

> you get from now on.

>

>

>

> Keep asking questions and someone here will provide answers or at

least some

> support.

>

>

>

> Dorothy in NY

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: Hepatitis_C_Central

> [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of n6tt

> Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:26 AM

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Subject: New to group

>

>

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> least.

>

> God Bless,

>

> Steve in California.

> K6NNN@

>

Hi Joyce, pleased to meet you. I feel much better after reading all

this stuff from everyone. I can see its a very caring group of folks

here and I know I will have a lot of questions after next week. It is

sad to meet everyone under these circumstances but its wonderful to

meet people like you all here on the group...More later,

Steve in Ca.

Hi everyone,

>

> least.

>

> God Bless,

>

> Steve in California.

> K6NNN@

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

>

Hi Tina, I just wrote you privately. Thanks for the great email

yesterday. I got busy and was just overwhelmed with all the emails

after posting yesterday....Yes it seems we will be going through tx

about the same time. I think im geno type 1 as he said I needed 48

weeks of tx, I will find out more next week after my bio on Monday.

Thanks for the encouragement Tina, it is very comforting to know

others have been through and are going through the same thing and are

able to answer my questions...More later,

God Bless you,

Steve in Ca.

> Hi everyone,

>

> least.

>

> God Bless,

>

> Steve in California.

> K6NNN@

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

Hi Sharon, pleased to meet you and thanks for the encouragement. Yes I

can see this is a great group of folks. I feel much better today after

reading all your posts to me and I can now see light at the end of the

tunnel...Thanks again and I will be Praying for you on reaching SVR

whatever that is but it must be good :-)

God Bless you,

Steve in Ca. <><

> Hi everyone,

>

> least.

> Anyway Ive been known to ramble so I will try and keep this

short.Ive

> subscribed to all the hep C groups and have been trying to read

a few

> starting on this end, Monday Im suppose to go into the hospital

for a

> starts. The Doctor keeps sharing a little bit more each time I

come. I

> shots.What?...I dont know what questions to ask him, im a mess.

I can

> only imagine what it will be like once I start the tx if i even

decide

> reading. I cant believe my life changed so drastically over

night. Im

>

> God Bless,

>

> Steve in California.

>