RemedySpot.com

Re: diaphragm fitting kit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

call up ortho you know the ortho birthcontrol company-- they will sned you one free I know i know it is from a drug company but I have no idea where else they come from...That is how I got mineI find it amusing to explain away the hole in the cente r " Yours won't look like this " I say

Where can I order one of these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?

Thank you,

Lonna

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

I think you can get one from a drug rep. Ortho makes them, I have not fitted them for a long time. Cleaning the kit is a nuisance. Years ago we use to use our gloved hand as a judge of what size to Rx. Somewhere on my index finger was a size 7 the rest was more of less than that. Pt got the diaphram, rtn to clinic and after pt put it in, I checked for comfort/discomfort and if it fit properly or not

Where can I order one of these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?Thank you,Lonna -- M.D.www.elainemd.comOffice: Go in the directions of your dreams and live the life you've imagined.

This email transmission may contain protected and privileged, highly confidential medical, Personal and Health Information (PHI) and/or legal information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient of this material, you may not use, publish, discuss, disseminate or otherwise distribute it. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and confidentially destroy the information that email in error.

Also, Miltex or Milex (I forget which) used to make and sell

them. (or give you one if you ordered enough stuff from them).

Sharon

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of

Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:08 PM

To:

Subject: Re: diaphragm fitting kit

I think you can get one from a drug rep. Ortho

makes them, I have not fitted them for a long time. Cleaning the kit is a

nuisance. Years ago we use to use our gloved hand as a judge of what size

to Rx. Somewhere on my index finger was a size 7 the rest was more of less than

that. Pt got the diaphram, rtn to clinic and after pt put it in, I checked for

comfort/discomfort and if it fit properly or not

Where can I order one of these

kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?

Thank you,

Lonna

--

M.D.

www.elainemd.com

Office:

Go in the directions of your dreams and live the life you've imagined.

This email transmission may contain protected and privileged, highly

confidential medical, Personal and Health Information (PHI) and/or legal

information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or

entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient of this material, you may not use,

publish, discuss, disseminate or otherwise distribute it. If you are not the

intended recipient, or if you have received this transmission in error, please

notify the sender immediately and confidentially destroy the information that

email in error.

I have a miltex instrument catalog i will look in there... just to know abou tif you cannot get one elsewhere, Lonna.Hi Sharon!

Also, Miltex or Milex (I forget which) used to make and sell

them. (or give you one if you ordered enough stuff from them).

Sharon

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of

Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:08 PM

To:

Subject: Re: diaphragm fitting kit

I think you can get one from a drug rep. Ortho

makes them, I have not fitted them for a long time. Cleaning the kit is a

nuisance. Years ago we use to use our gloved hand as a judge of what size

to Rx. Somewhere on my index finger was a size 7 the rest was more of less than

that. Pt got the diaphram, rtn to clinic and after pt put it in, I checked for

comfort/discomfort and if it fit properly or not

Thank you,

Lonna

--

M.D.

www.elainemd.com

Office:

entity named above.

email in error.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

Thanks you guys. Free is good. I will call them (0rtho or Miltex). I looked on ortho's website and couldn't figure out how to order one, but I'll try to reach a person. Maybe I'll try to track down a rep (eww).

Thank you,

Lonna

--

M.D.

www.elainemd. com

Office:

entity named above.

email in error.

ph fax

After having seen, oh I don't know, over 1,000 women in the past 6?7? years for contraception, none have ever taken me up on an offer of a diaphragm, norhave they come to me as a new patient using one. I gues central NY women don't go for them...who do you find using a diaphragm, single women? young mothers?

To: Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:50:22 AMSubject: Re: diaphragm fitting kit

Thanks you guys. Free is good. I will call them (0rtho or Miltex). I looked on ortho's website and couldn't figure out how to order one, but I'll try to reach a person. Maybe I'll try to track down a rep (eww).

Where can I order one of these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?Thank you,Lonna

-- M.D.www.elainemd. comOffice: Go in the directions of your dreams and live the life you've imagined.This email transmission may contain protected and privileged, highly confidential medical, Personal and Health Information (PHI) and/or legal information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this material, you may not use, publish, discuss, disseminate or otherwise distribute it. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and confidentially destroy the information that email in error.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

yeah just find a phone number for ortho and call up and ask for a rep That's all you do ( atleast 3.5 yrs ago that is why I did)

Thank you,

Lonna

--

M.D.

www.elainemd. com

Office:

entity named above.

email in error.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/

MD

ph fax

ph fax

It varies. More young women than i would expect . people who do not want to take hormones Women with a sense of humor ( we had this discussion They are slippery littel things Fly across the room a certain joie de vrie is necessary) I list all the contraception choices and thepros and cons and tehy decide.

After having seen, oh I don't know, over 1,000 women in the past 6?7? years for contraception, none have ever taken me up on an offer of a diaphragm, norhave they come to me as a new patient using one. I gues central NY women don't go for them...who do you find using a diaphragm, single women? young mothers?

To:

Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:50:22 AMSubject: Re: diaphragm fitting kit

Where can I order one of these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?Thank you,Lonna

-- M.D.www.elainemd. comOffice: Go in the directions of your dreams and live the life you've imagined.

This email transmission may contain protected and privileged, highly confidential medical, Personal and Health Information (PHI) and/or legal information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient of this material, you may not use, publish, discuss, disseminate or otherwise distribute it. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and confidentially destroy the information that email in error.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/

please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

ph fax

I offer everything to a patient, pros and cons, costs, blah blah blah

We go online together and research new things (I do that a lot for many topics, actually)

IUDs and pills are popular here. A smaller percentage of Depo's.

Women being offered either spironolactone or oral contrac's for dysmenorrhea.

One came back thinking I meant the spironolactone was a birth control pill.

Of COURSE she was pregnant.

My guilt was and is supremely high. My fault for letting her leave without better understanding.

She did not want to be pregnant, 35 year old mother of 2 boys, 8 & 10, married. She is from Jordan.

She is still my patient.

Lesson learned...

To: Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:05:39 AMSubject: Re: diaphragm fitting kit

It varies. More young women than i would expect . people who do not want to take hormones Women with a sense of humor ( we had this discussion They are slippery littel things Fly across the room a certain joie de vrie is necessary) I list all the contraception choices and thepros and cons and tehy decide.

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM, nancy blake <nancycblake@ yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Lonna Larsh <larshlonnayahoo (DOT) com>To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:50:22 AM

Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kit

-- M.D.www.elainemd. comOffice: Go in the directions of your dreams and live the life you've imagined.This email transmission may contain protected and privileged, highly confidential medical, Personal and Health Information (PHI) and/or legal information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this material, you may not use, publish, discuss, disseminate or otherwise distribute it. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and confidentially destroy the information that email in error.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax -- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

I used to have 2 sets and rarely use it. Very few patients down here are interested in diaphragms. If I can find it next week I will let you know if you want.

Dr. Beth Sullivan, DORidgeway Family Practice, PCCommerce, GA

call up ortho you know the ortho birthcontrol company-- they will sned you one free I know i know it is from a drug company but I have no idea where else they come from...That is how I got mineI find it amusing to explain away the hole in the cente r"Yours won't look like this"I say

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Lonna Larsh <larshlonna> wrote:

Where can I order one of these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?Thank you,Lonna-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

Here in Santa Cruz, the land of all that is natural, barrier methods are still not extremely popular. However, I think they are more popular than in much of the rest of the country. Lots of women don't like hormonal forms of contraception for one reason or another. I have someone scheduled for next week who wants a diaphragm, the first one since I started my IMP a year and a half ago. In 13 1/2 years in my big group practice, I probably fit one a year. Last year I actually fit a Femcap! She doesn't use it though, because it is too hard to get out. She called me day before yesterday for the morning after pill because the condom broke. Pills "make her crazy" and she loses her sex drive, both common complaints.Lonna

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax -- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

Beth, that would be great, a late holiday gift! Let me know if it turns up.

Where can I order one of these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?Thank you,Lonna-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD ph fax

We are closed this week, but if you need it before next week, I can swing by my office when I get done at the Methadone Clinic in the morning and see if it is where I last remember seeing it. It has been cleaned, but will need to be sterilized before you can use it. Let me know.

Send me your snail mail address so I can package it up and get it off to you when I find it.

Beth

Beth, that would be great, a late holiday gift! Let me know if it turns up.

Attachment will give you some info on a kit that might work.

Locke, MD

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lonna LarshSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:32 PMTo: Subject: diaphragm fitting kit

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. The package insert was pretty easy, the kit was a little harder. I think Beth will be coming through on this for me (Thanks again, Beth), though my next step was to call a rep.

Thanks though .

Lonna

Subject: RE: diaphragm fitting kitTo: Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 9:26 AM

Locke, MD

From: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:Practiceimp rovement1@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Lonna LarshSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:32 PMTo: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: [Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kit

Beth and Lonna,

If you end up with an extra set (I thought you said you had two

Beth, but I’m not sure if you had two extra), I’d love to have one; I haven’t

had one since I went solo.

Thanks.

Sharon

[mailto: ]

On Behalf Of Lonna Larsh

Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:45 AM

To:

Subject: RE: diaphragm fitting kit

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. The package insert

was pretty easy, the kit was a little harder. I think Beth will be

coming through on this for me (Thanks again, Beth), though my next step was

to call a rep.

Thanks though .

Lonna

Subject: RE: diaphragm fitting kit

To:

Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 9:26 AM

Locke, MD

Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:Practiceimp rovement1@

yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Lonna Larsh

Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:32 PM

To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) com

Subject: [Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kit

Where can I order one of

these kits from... or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?

Thank you,

Lonna

Lonna,

I need your address. I stopped at the office and found the extra one this afternoon.

Beth

[Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kit

Beth, I tried to send it to you directly, but I guess it didn't go through. Sorry to clog up all your inboxes with this, gang.My address is 406 Mission St, Suite ESanta Cruz, CA 95060Thank you so much!A check for postage will be sent directly. this group is wonderful, I am grateful for every one of you!!

From: Locke <lockecolorado@ gmail.com>Subject: RE: [Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kitTo: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 9:26 AM

Locke, MD

From: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:Practiceimp rovement1@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Lonna LarshSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:32 PMTo: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: [Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kit

i used to use a diaphragm because i was an earthy girl and did not

want to take hormones. i learned that the diaphragm doesn't work if

it's sitting in your bathroom cupboard. 20 yrs and 3 kids later, i

love the hormones! go figure!

On it's way!!

[Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kit

Excellent! Thanks again.

From: Locke <lockecolorado@ gmail.com>Subject: RE: [Practiceimprovemen t1] diaphragm fitting kitTo: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 9:26 AM

Locke, MD