RemedySpot.com

RE: Hot Tubs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon, you can soak some muslim strips of cloth and wrap that around your neck and then cover it with celophane and let it soak in that way,, or have you tried those heat strips you can buy at the store? They stay warm for nearly 8 hours and are really nice! SHARON CROSBY wrote: I don't have RA, just osteo, but I relate to your pain. It has eased sooo much since I'm off tx, but I'm going to have to have shots in my back soon. My wrists are also painful and my neck, me knees.....Get to thinking about everywhere it hurts and it gets me down. I'm 65 and it's normal to have some aches, but I don't think quite so many. lol I have hydrocodon, but I don't like to take it. I had some of those hand mitts, don't know where they've gone. I hear the wax hand spa is great, tho and am going to get one. Wonder if I can stick my neck in there??? Sharon in NW WashingtonAll I have seen teaches me to trust in the Creator for all that I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson RE: Hot Tubs Actually, I have some hand mitts that have

microwave inserts. They're not bad. I'm hoping the paraffin spa will have been a good purchase. I may set it up for the morning since that's when I'm the worst after having my hands in one position for hours. I've thought about getting in the tub, but when I really need it, I wouldn't be able to get that low and probably couldn't get up either. It would require some of those bath bars on the side of the tub. I have a hard enough time getting on and off the toilet when things are bad. And since my right leg is pretty well dead from the neuropathy, I'd be so stressed thinking about how I was going to get out of the tub that I wouldn't relax

much. I spoke with my rheumatologist this afternoon to see if I should go back on Celebrex. He agrees that the interferon is causing this & he'd like me to try to tough it out since I've only got 2 months to go. I will do the best I can, but I explained to him that since I live alone, I need to be able to do some basic life stuff. The RA is moving from just my hands and knees to my elbows, neck, back and hips. If it weren't for pain meds, I'd be screwed. Jackie

' well it wouldnt be 'safe' then for you to get in and out of the tub,, but you might try getting some 'bed buddies' from wallgreens.... they are long grain filled sacks that you heat in the microwave and they stay warm for a long long time and they put out moist heat too,, they work great and I have used them when I was just too exhausted to get into the tub.. I've also used those heat strips, you know the ones they advertise on tx where the guy dances around after putting the heat strip to the are of his back that hurts? I use them on my wrists and ankles when they hurt really bad as well as the back of my neck.. Maybe these options might be helpful for you since you cannot get

into a hot tub,, do you have a shower chair where you could sit in the shower and let the warm water roll over you? That helps too,, we all have to find our own way that works for us and its good to give input here because all of us are different and what works for one may also work for another,, so share away! Dorothy wrote: Actually, I have some hand mitts that have microwave inserts. They’re not bad. I’m hoping the paraffin spa will have been a good purchase. I may set it up for the morning since that’s when I’m the worst after having my hands in one position for hours. I’ve thought about getting in the tub, but when I really need it, I wouldn’t be able to get that low and probably couldn’t get up either. It would require some of those bath bars on the side of the tub. I have a hard enough time getting on and off the toilet when

things are bad. And since my right leg is pretty well dead from the neuropathy, I’d be so stressed thinking about how I was going to get out of the tub that I wouldn’t relax much. I spoke with my rheumatologist this afternoon to see if I should go back on Celebrex. He agrees that the interferon is causing this & he’d like me to try to tough it out since I’ve only got 2 months to go. I will do the best I can, but I explained to him that since I live alone, I need to be able to do some basic life stuff. The RA is moving from just my hands and knees to my elbows, neck, back and hips. If it weren’t for pain meds, I’d be

screwed. From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:12 PMTo:

Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Hot Tubs Well Dorothy, for years I did not have a hot tub and used the bath tub for one and it worked great! The parafin hand spa will help your aching

hands a lot,, I have one somewhere with all the other stuff I used to use when I worked in the salon,, its really great to soak your hands in the warm parafin and wrap them in the mits and just relax,, did they sell you the handmits too? Dorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: Since I had some major envy over Jackie’s “hot tub living,” I just went to Bed Bath

& Beyond (after enough pain meds to get in the car) and got a paraffin hand spa. Now I know it’s not exactly a hot tub and my @ss sure won’t fit in there, but since my hands are aching, I figured it was worth $29.99 less a 20% off coupon J Time will tell. And Jackie, I went back on the riba this morning since I figured I can’t feel too much worse than I do already – God, I hope that’s true! Dorothy 14 degrees at mid day in NY Jackie Jackie