Rate this topic

Guest guest

> Hi to everyone - I found 's Work yesterday...feel that I knew

> it all along, but had no idea how transforming it is done with ALL

> the thoughts that we aren't OK having. Had done it with some,

> when completely 'trapped' by my own negative thinking so that it

> was 'do or die' so I DID the changeover thinking....and at those

> points in my life, 'magical' events suddenly happened, transforming

> loads of OTHER stuff I hadn't even realised was connected.

Hi,

Geetings and welcome to our little family :)

In my experience " magical " events are just stories I like to tell

about what is. The events we call " magical " would happen regardless

of what I do or don't do. I just get to tell the story of how they

are " magical " .

" Changeover thinking " does absolutely NOTHING. As I see it the Work

is not about exchanging one story for another, it is about seeing

that all stories are false and obscure what I really am (LOVE).

Now aren't you really glad you found this group? LOL ....

Loving what is, precious, and that would be you.

Neo

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Hi, Andi!

Welcome to our group! As I read your message I saw that you have half

the battle already won! "Life is wonderful and I want to enjoy every

day and I know God wants me to." You see? Your foundation is already

there, now it's just a matter of building on it!

One of things I've found that works for me is expressing gratitude for

each new day I'm given, and it starts the moment I wake up. I lie in

bed for a few minutes, stretching, thinking about my day ahead, and

thanking God for this new day that is filled with opportunities and

miracles (positive expectation) and ask Him to help me find as many of

them as I can. It's an attitude thing. Some call it an "Attitude of

Gratitude". It works! I find that when I start my day that way, the

rest of the day, from the time my feet hit the floor until I go to bed,

just seems to be better than when I don't. There have even been times

when I've awakened with a small headache, and after going through my

"gratitude exercise" my headache is gone before I get into the shower!

Once again, WELCOME ANDI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll find the support you're looking for here!

Sincerely,

Jace Carlton

Co-Moderator, Affirmations to De-Stress

peacefulheart4 wrote:

Hello Group,

I am new. I've had a rough couple of years and it threw me into a

tailspin. I am not working. I went through a terrible depression that

is still trying to hang on. I realized that the anxiety I have is

caused by waves of feelings that threaten to overwhelm me. I get

overwhelmed very easily, which isn't like me. I sometimes have a period

in the morning where I feel down and it takes every positive cognitive

skill I know to try to get out of it. I know there is a way to beat

this, learn more tools to combat it etc. Life is wonderful and I want

to enjoy every day and I know God wants me to. I am hoping to obtain

some good support here and offer what I can as well.

Andi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

We have been doing DAN! for 2 yrs with my daughter, mostly LDN, yeast

treatments, Vit A, probiotics, not a whole lot, as we cannot afford it.

I have been considering antivirals for a few months, as I have read

about underlying herpes-virus infections, and that possibly being

related to why she had a severe adverse reaction to the Varicella

vaccine, etc..

My daughter has primary immunodeficiency, to which we have been

treating with LDN sucessfuly ( I think). She also has no antibodies to

Varicella.

2 months ago, a child had her school (in a class in her pod) had

chicken pox. Since then, my daughter has had numerous red bumps on her

arms, legs, back, armpits, tummy, etc.

As soon as they begin to fade, new ones magically appear. This has

been ongoing for the last 1 1/2 months. First the doctor said

mosquitos (but when I see mosquitos, they bite her, and leave a slight

bump for 1 hour), then he says fleas, yet we have no animals. Our

immunologist thinks it is an overactive immune response, our DAN

thinks we should get a biopsy.

We have noticed odd behaviors with the bumps, and it is not her " norm " .

Our Dan has also suggested antivirals, and I think it may be a good

option, so I am here to learn as much as I can!

Guest guest

If you have health insurance, certain antivirals like Valtrex should be at least partially covered, especially if you just get the pills and crush them vs. having it compounded.

Dana

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of BiceSent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:23 PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: new here

We have been doing DAN! for 2 yrs with my daughter, mostly LDN, yeast treatments, Vit A, probiotics, not a whole lot, as we cannot afford it.I have been considering antivirals for a few months, as I have read about underlying herpes-virus infections, and that possibly being related to why she had a severe adverse reaction to the Varicella vaccine, etc..My daughter has primary immunodeficiency, to which we have been treating with LDN sucessfuly ( I think). She also has no antibodies to Varicella.2 months ago, a child had her school (in a class in her pod) had chicken pox. Since then, my daughter has had numerous red bumps on her arms, legs, back, armpits, tummy, etc.As soon as they begin to fade, new ones magically appear. This has been ongoing for the last 1 1/2 months. First the doctor said mosquitos (but when I see mosquitos, they bite her, and leave a slight bump for 1 hour), then he says fleas, yet we have no animals. Our immunologist thinks it is an overactive immune response, our DAN thinks we should get a biopsy.We have noticed odd behaviors with the bumps, and it is not her "norm".Our Dan has also suggested antivirals, and I think it may be a good option, so I am here to learn as much as I can!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Which thyroid meds does Dr. Jia prescribe? Our list in "Files" maintained by the moderator only lists docs who prescribe Armour or synthetic T3. You can write her up on the Database, along with any other docs you have seen for thyroid. It is not unusual to have a suppressed TSH on any adequate or almost adequate dose of thyroid meds. I cannot get out of bed with any measurabke TSH at all. Fortunately, I am a thyroid cancer patient and am required to have a suppressed TSH. . . . . sunflowerbeeinc wrote: Hello all,I am a resident of Wylie, TX and for the past 4 years have suffered from hypothyroidism. After going to countless doctors and constantly jumping from hypo to hyper as a result of medication, I have yet to find something that works for me. I have always been on Synthroid but find that even when my levels are "normal" I still suffer from anxiety. I originally started seeing Dr. Addington in Irving but since I moved to Wylie the drive has been too far. My general practitioner Dr Joy Touchstone (not going to see her again) tested my TSH and found it was .03 so she told me to stop taking my Synthroid for 3 days a week. This landed me in the ER as my TSH jumped from .03 to 7 in just a few weeks. I just started seeing Dr. Qing Jia. I noticed she is not listed on your doctors list but

was wondering if anyone has had any experience with her.Does anyone else suffer from anxiety, and if so, do you suggest anti-anxiety meds or things like yoga, exercise, diet changes, etc. And did you find that when your thyroid is "normal" that your anxiety goes away?I look forward to getting to know you all.Jen

Guest guest

I, too suffer from off-the-scale anxiety, but just like some of the other gals I also have adrenal problems and have not previously been able to tolerate thyroid meds. Candidly, my anxiety has been so bad that I've felt suicidal at times. I wake up every single morning between 3 and 5 a.m. with heart pounding panic attacks. The only thing that helped me was Librax, but I can not stay on it for very long at a time as it is a benzodiazapine. My best girlfriend swares by the drug Ativan.

Over the past 5 years my adrenals pretty much began to shut down until I was considered having 's Disease. I'm currently on a full replacement dose of hydrocortisone. Unfortunatley, this has not helped the anxiety.

I finally found a new doctor here in Houston but I'm hesitant to recommend her yet. I've been seeing her for 6 months and she doesn't take insurance. I'm one of those patients that has 'functional hypothyroidism' which means I have a pretty good TSH (1.6), mid-range of Free T4 (could be better, but I can't tolerate T4 meds yet) and in the basement way below range Free T3 and no antibodies to speak of. It seems I don't convert T4 to T3 well which could be any number of things we're currently addressing. So far my Ferritin is around 100, B12 deficiency addressed, increasing iodine, and so on.

I just began this week to take a compounded sustained release T3 in 5 microgram (that's microgram, not milligram) dose. We're going to keep testing my levels, going by symptoms, add more T3, a little T4 if needed and pray for the best. Like you, I'm hopeful once we get adequate thyroid meds my anxiety will ease.

Steph S.> To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups > Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 21:12:57 +0000> Subject: New Here> > Hello all,> > I am a resident of Wylie, TX and for the past 4 years have suffered > from hypothyroidism. After going to countless doctors and constantly > jumping from hypo to hyper as a result of medication, I have yet to > find something that works for me. I have always been on Synthroid but > find that even when my levels are "normal" I still suffer from anxiety. > > I originally started seeing Dr. Addington in Irving but since > I moved to Wylie the drive has been too far. My general practitioner > Dr Joy Touchstone (not going to see her again) tested my TSH and found > it was .03 so she told me to stop taking my Synthroid for 3 days a > week. This landed me in the ER as my TSH jumped from .03 to 7 in just a > few weeks. I just started seeing Dr. Qing Jia. I noticed she is not > listed on your doctors list but was wondering if anyone has had any > experience with her.> > Does anyone else suffer from anxiety, and if so, do you suggest anti-> anxiety meds or things like yoga, exercise, diet changes, etc. And did > you find that when your thyroid is "normal" that your anxiety goes away?> > I look forward to getting to know you all.> > Jen

Guest guest

Hi Kim,

Unfortunately, I have had some pretty careless doctors so far so they

have not tested me for Hashimoto's or for adrenal function, vitamin

deficiency, etc.

I've been reading about vitamin B and anxiety; do you take a vitamin

B complex? And how did your doc determine that you were low on

vitamin B?

Thanks so much!

Jen

>

> Welcome Jen.