RemedySpot.com

Re: BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi I was born in 1955 and remember a lot of these shows quite fondly. I had a particular love for Lassie!!! Thanks for sending it along!!

Helaine

-- "BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE"

Hi everyone,My computer bit the dust! So my husband drug out one of our old computers and got it going for me. I am having a blast looking over some of the old old old stuff I had saved way back then.I came across this poem and just thought I'd share it with you. I was born in 1957, so it holds lots of memories for me.I hope you all are having a great weekend!Blessings,"BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE"You could hardly see for all the snow,So you spread the rabbit ears as far as they'd go.Pull a chair up to the TV set,"Good night , Good night Chet"Depending on the channel you tuned,You'd get Rob and or Ward and June,Andy Griffith and Barney Fife,Lawrence Welk or This is Your Life.I Love Lucy and The Real McCoys,Dennis the Menace, the Cleaver boys.Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train.Superman and Lois Lane.Father Knows Best and Patty Duke,Rin Tin Tin and Lassie too.Donna on Thursday night,Life looked better in black and whiteThey were simple folks living a simple life,Where everything always turned out right.The good guys always won the fight.I wanna' go back to black and white.In God they trusted, in their own bed they slept.A promise made was a promise kept.They never cussed or broke a vow,They'd never make the network now.Nowadays nothing's the way it seemsIn living color or on the screens.The good guys don't always win the fight,Life doesn't always turn out right.If only I could, I'd rather beIn a TV world of '63.It felt so good, it felt so right.Life looked better in black and white.I'd trade all the channels on the satellite,If I could just turn back the clock tonight.To when everybody knew wrong from right.Life was better in black and white!~ Author Unknown

• 4 weeks later...

Dearest , Hey Girl! I really love this one, too!!!! Since I'm also a 50's baby, and a baby boomer, I found this quite insightful and true and really "right on"! Ha! Ha! Yep, my age is too telling at this point! Hope you other computer gets fixed really soon! Thanks so much for all you do for the affirmations group and for me! I cherish you a whole bunch! Love Always, PJ wrote: Hi

everyone,My computer bit the dust! So my husband drug out one of our old computers and got it going for me. I am having a blast looking over some of the old old old stuff I had saved way back then.I came across this poem and just thought I'd share it with you. I was born in 1957, so it holds lots of memories for me.I hope you all are having a great weekend!Blessings,"BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE"You could hardly see for all the snow,So you spread the rabbit ears as far as they'd go.Pull a chair up to the TV set,"Good night , Good night Chet"Depending on the channel you tuned,You'd get Rob and or Ward and June,Andy Griffith and Barney Fife,Lawrence Welk or This is Your Life.I Love Lucy and The Real McCoys,Dennis the Menace, the Cleaver boys.Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train.Superman and Lois Lane.Father Knows Best and Patty Duke,Rin Tin Tin and

Lassie too.Donna on Thursday night,Life looked better in black and whiteThey were simple folks living a simple life,Where everything always turned out right.The good guys always won the fight.I wanna' go back to black and white.In God they trusted, in their own bed they slept.A promise made was a promise kept.They never cussed or broke a vow,They'd never make the network now.Nowadays nothing's the way it seemsIn living color or on the screens.The good guys don't always win the fight,Life doesn't always turn out right.If only I could, I'd rather beIn a TV world of '63.It felt so good, it felt so right.Life looked better in black and white.I'd trade all the channels on the satellite,If I could just turn back the clock tonight.To when everybody knew wrong from right.Life was better in black and white!~ Author

Unknown

Hi ,

I was born in 1956 and like your submission of the poem. Brings back memories. Hope you have a terrific day!

Re: "BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE"

Dearest ,

Hey Girl! I really love this one, too!!!! Since I'm also a 50's baby, and a baby boomer, I found this quite insightful and true and really "right on"! Ha! Ha!

Yep, my age is too telling at this point! Hope you other computer gets fixed really soon! Thanks so much for all you do for the affirmations group and for me! I cherish you a whole

bunch! Love Always, PJ <RareBreezecharter (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi everyone,My computer bit the dust! So my husband drug out one of our old computers and got it going for me. I am having a blast looking over some of the old old old stuff I had saved way back then.I came across this poem and just thought I'd share it with you. I was born in 1957, so it holds lots of memories for me.I hope you all are having a great weekend!Blessings,"BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE"You could hardly see for all the snow,So you spread the rabbit ears as far as they'd go.Pull a chair up to the TV set,"Good night , Good night Chet"Depending on the channel you tuned,You'd get Rob and or Ward and June,Andy Griffith and Barney Fife,Lawrence Welk or This is Your Life.I Love Lucy and The Real McCoys,Dennis the Menace, the Cleaver boys.Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train.Superman and Lois Lane.Father Knows Best and Patty Duke,Rin Tin Tin and Lassie too.Donna on Thursday night,Life looked better in black and whiteThey were simple folks living a simple life,Where everything always turned out right.The good guys always won the fight.I wanna' go back to black and white.In God they trusted, in their own bed they slept.A promise made was a promise kept.They never cussed or broke a vow,They'd never make the network now.Nowadays nothing's the way it seemsIn living color or on the screens.The good guys don't always win the fight,Life doesn't always turn out right.If only I could, I'd rather beIn a TV world of '63.It felt so good, it felt so right.Life looked better in black and white.I'd trade all the channels on the satellite,If I could just turn back the clock tonight.To when everybody knew wrong from right.Life was better in black and white!~ Author Unknown

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.9/1158 - Release Date: 11/28/2007 9:11 PM