RemedySpot.com

Everything To Do With Intentions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Everything To Do With IntentionsWhen I was a child, I was told that love means thinking of othersfirst. Then Conversations with God said I should always put myselffirst. Could this be right? How could I reconcile this with myearlier life teachings?The answer is that everything has to do with intentions. If it isyour intention in life to live the grandest version of the greatestvision you ever held about who you are, and if that vision ofyourself is that you are loving, caring, generous, kind,compassionate, and truthful, then you will behave towards others in away which could look like you are putting them first. The differenceis that you will be doing this not for others, but foryourself...because this is simply who you are.When we do things for others (or imagine that this is what we aredoing), two insidious attitudes can appear: Expectation andResentment. We may begin to expect that those for whom we are doingthings now "owe" us, and we may experience growing resentment if theydon't "pay up."On the other hand, when we do things for ourselves (even if thatresults in nice things happening for others), it will be difficult tomove into Expectation, and virtually impossible to build upResentment.. .unless we clearly do not understand the nature of whatis occurring. That is, unless we ignore or deny that we are doingsomething for ourselves, and actually convince ourselves that we aredoing it for another.In truth, everything you do, you do for yourself, because every actis an act of self-definition. All of life is a process of decidingWho You Are. Your purpose is to experience that, and to recreateyourself anew in the next grandest version of it. This is calledEvolution.So think of yourself first at every moment of decision. Think of WhoYou Are, and of what you are trying to become. Make the highestchoice about that - paint the greatest picture you could ever imagineof Who You Are in every place ad circumstance - and all the rest willtake care of itself.Copyright © Neale Walsch. All rights reserved.