RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: How do we accept, without condoning, racial prejudice?<tohine2atchu>

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Hine2atchu,

My computer has been offline for the most part of the last week, but I have borrowed someone elses and just read your post on racial prejudice and just want to say that this sort of narrow minded behaviour is completely beyond my comprehension! I can only feel sorry for those with such ignorant attitudes and beliefs.

I am a white Australian grown up in a multi cultural (quite rascist) society. Some of my best friends at school were Aboriginals, Greeks, Italians, Lebonese, Yugoslavs, you name it! And children especially can be so cruel. There were many occasions when I stood up for my minority friends in shock and disbelief at the behaviour of my fellow countrymen. I felt ashamed to be Australian if it meant that I had to be intolerant towards other (incredibly rich)cultures.

I can only sadly imagine what effect that same racism must have had on the Maori people (in your own country no less) who I know to be an extremely proud and beautiful race of people. What to speak of the Aborigines here?

Again I say I feel ashamed to be white sometimes, but as Liane said, we have to make changes one heart at a time and I can tell you that my son has never and will never hear a word of racial prejudism come from these lips. Ironically, his 2 best mates in high school are Maori and they're such gentle, beautiful young boys. It is our indigenous cultures that help western society maintain a spiritual connection to Mother Earth........ where would we be with out that by now?

Love and Light to you,

Rhonda

----- Original Message ----From: hine2atchu <hinerau22@...> Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 9:04:45 PMSubject: [] Re: How do we accept, without condoning, racial prejudice?<to"hine2atchu>

Tena koe ((liane))... which simply means thank you... in Love, Joy, Unity, & abundance always <3> >> > I know we are ascending to a new consciousness, but when you are an> > indigenous minority, in your own country & are regarded as lowlifes,> > thugs, & terrorists; when you are facing the same prejudice your> > forefathers fought, acceptance is not enough,

acceptance merely allows> > prejudice. I can & do as an indigenous person, have compassion for all> > races & creeds, but in the the reality of society, when your people> > are constantly minimalised & criminalised, its difficult at times to> > maintain. I write about in my blog...> > http://hinetuatchu. blogspot. com/> > Can someone offer guidance on this?> >>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.