RemedySpot.com

Re: Building on a thought Liane, and Chris shared this morning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is the first I've heard of Post Secret, and watching the video really touched my soul deeply. I really respect Chris' take on Liane's post. So insightful, and such a beautiful experience. The secrets that we all want to keep we really want to share (if that makes any sense) and release it once and for all, and also find an acceptance from other people. That's how I saw the people who sent in their secrets. I saw desperation, and pain. The shame we carry in our heavy heavy bag is overwhelming and a lot of times some of us simply want to know that we are a good person even with our mistakes and past experiences. Every single person, no matter how great they are have secrets they would rather not share. When I saw the post card from the soldier who said there's nothing he would ever be better at than killing really got to me. I felt an incredible amount of compassion for him and those like him. I felt compassion for all of the people who shared their secrets, but that one really stuck. As I'm sure that there are some secrets that have stuck for each person. What said about all of us having similar feelings because we're all human is what made me think of this (thank you Chris). If we can have compassion for another's deep dark and hurting secret, why can't we have compassion for our own? Why can't we forgive ourselves, or let things go? Where's our self-compassion? It's so easy to feel it for another, but if we all are the same in the respects where we do carry things we would rather not share, or let go of, then why can't we feel that compassion for ourselves? We truly are not alone. The true secret is illusion, illusion of solitude and non-acceptance of others which becomes the reason for secrets in the first place. Let's show ourselves some compassion?My deepest love to you all. Thank you Liane and for this, and I can't wait to see pictures from the retreat Chris! Stefanie>> > I watched the video on Post Secret that Liane posted this morning and> read her words: "I personally have one of those books, and I wanted> to share with you all how we are so similar in our Humanity, in our> dreams, our expectations. I hope you all enjoy this as I did. Sometimes> it helps to know that we are not alone when we feel sad, powerless and> unworthy. Nothing that is Human is unknown to us." This brought to> mind an experience I had this past weekend that I wanted to share with> you.> > I spent last weekend at a wonderful Retreat up on Skyline Drive in the> mountains of Virginia hosted by my Reiki lineage: Reiki Jen Kei Do.> (Yes, Stefanie, I promise I will get the pictures posted eventually.) > One of the participants, Heidi, started us off with a ritual she had> learned from a Shamanic Retreat she had participated in. She passed out> cards and instructed us to write something that we would like to improve> about ourselves. Each card was headed with a prayer. She put them in a> basket, mixed them up, and passed them back around. We sat in a circle> and each one of us read the prayer to ask for help in overcoming what we> saw as our own individual failing. We then passed the cards back around> the circle, adding our energy to each prayer and posted them together. > As we held hands, we discussed what our reactions were as we heard the> different prayers and each of us had the same thought: I could have> written that one, I should have put that down, I wish I had thought of> that…..> > Heidi went on to explain that she had always been afraid of> participating in groups like this because she thought that she> didn't really belong: she had all these issues, problems and fears> that nobody else did. Then she participated in this Prayer Circle and> she realized that while our life experiences are vastly different, the> emotions we experience are common to us all.> > Think about it. Hurt, jealousy, envy. Joy, pride, compassion. Fear. > Love. When you peel away the superficial differences, we are all the> same inside. It was a very moving ritual and it really drove the point> home how much each of us is connected to each other.> > None of us are alone. We just think we are at times. We are family. > We are One.> > There is one other thing I would like to share. Later in the weekend, I> was able to share Reiki with Heidi. When I asked her if there was> anything in particular she wanted my intention focused on, she quietly> shared with me that she had a lump in her right breast. Please place> her in your prayers and send her clarity, energy and love for her> healing. Heidi Dorsey, 37, Gasburg VA. She will be with the surgeon> this upcoming Monday.> > Much Metta,> > Chris>