RemedySpot.com

Affirmations To Help You Quit Smoking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Affirmations To Help You Quit SmokingSometimes it's difficult to keep a positive attitude while you're quitting smoking. You can help yourself by reading these positive statements aloud everyday. Choose the statements that work best for you. Add your own positivestatements.1. I can stop smoking, and furthermore, I want to stop smoking.2. I don't want to smoke, I just want to feel better.3. I'll feel better when I have conquered my addiction to cigarettes.4. I will find something to do instead of smoke.5. I will do whatever it takes to find an acceptable alternative to smoking.6. I can't wait until I enjoy being a nonsmoker.7. I enjoy being a non-smoker!8. Quitting smoking makes me more calm and serene.9. I will use every

resource available to me because I can, I want to, and Iwill be a non-smoker.10. I believe I can be smoke-free and be happy.11. I can be smoke-free even if I'm scared, angry, sad or excited.12. I can stop smoking permanently.13. I can handle crisis better without smoking.14. I will teach myself how to quit smoking. I can learn.15. I will be as prepared as I can to conquer any situation which could temptme to go back to smoking.16. I can manage stress without cigarettes.17. I believe in myself and my ability to beat this habit.18. I will call upon my adult thinking ability when my inner self feels likescreaming and throwing a temper tantrum.19. It is the irrational inner child that wants to smoke.20. My cigarette smoking is hazardous to my health.21. I can reason with my inner child voice and

make the decision that is bestfor me.22. The people who really love me want me to quit smoking. They will help me ifI ask.23. I am improving my physical, emotional, and spiritual life by cleaning thecigarette smoke from my system.24. Cigarettes do not belong in my healthy life.25. I am keeping my body and mind clean, healthy, and smoke-free.26. My breath is fresh and clean-smelling since I quit smoking.27. My clothes smell fresh and clean.28. I am taking back control and power in my life.29. I choose not to have the first puff.30. I choose to remain smoke-free.31. My power is in my choice. The hard choice is easy when I take it one stepat a time.32. I have more energy to exercise and be physical now.33. I have eliminated smoker's guilt from my life by quitting smoking.34. My lungs smile when I breathe

clean air.35. Today is an important day to be smoke-free.36. Nothing and no one controls me.37. The long-term benefits of quitting far outweigh the short-term discomforts.38. The urge will pass, whether I smoke or not.39. Stopping smoking is the most important thing I am doing right now40. When I manage my stress without smoking, I tend to heal rather than stuffmy emotions.© Copyright 1994. Browning, McBride & Associates, Inc. All Rights Reserved(10/94)There is no rational reason to smoke.