smaller more personal list. I feel much more " at home " here because most

people post and don't lurk, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I

am more comfortable knowing I'm not writing sharing my feeling with 90

something other people with only 10 or so responding. Again, welcome. Tery

Guest guest

Hi, Snow!

Welcome to our group. There is no doubt that we are the best you will find

on the Net.

I hope that you like it here as much as I do.

----- Original Message -----

< egroups>

Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 1:13 PM

Subject: [ ] Hello Everyone

> How nice to see all the posts....and surprised to see you here Delaine

> and are there any others from the other list?? Good to see you here

> Delaine.

>

> I was glad to see the post about the preventil and albutrol..I use them.

> I am also taking volmax for SOB..Vioxx for OA..and valium for the muscle

> spasims I get. Do any of you ever have the muscle or cord in the front

> of your neck like spaz out and tighten up,it feels like a charlie horse.

> I just hate that feeling. I have COPD from smoking for 40 years. It

> started I guess about 2 years ago and I would not accept it at all, not

> until this past Christmas--from really Nov. to March of this year it got

> real bad. I got double pneumonia and it really did me in.

>

> I sat here this morning about 2am and wrote a post to send..then I

> pushed send ?????? and was surprised because it just disapeared??? So if

> you get two posts today...I won't be surprised. I thank you for the

> welcome,and Shirley for telling me about this list. I will try to post

> but may not be able to as often as I would like.

> a-Anne---Kitt-Delaine-Tery-Shirley-Bonnie-Pat-

> June-Elaine--take good care and it is good to meet you all. I'm outta

> here for now,

> SNOW

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Snow,

Yes, I was just a baby in the 50's, but I remember outhouses very well! I

was raised on a farm, and there were outhouses throughout the blueberry

fields. They surely weren't my favorite, but better than trecking all the

way back to the house.

I would laugh my butt off at my cousins that came to visit from the city,

and were grossed out by them and wouldn't use them.

I think they were really afraid I wouldn't let them out :)

I'm glad you have such wonderful memories of your dad.

The vacant spaces left by our passing loved ones can't be filled.

He was very special to you and I'm sorry he can't be here with you and your

children.

a

< egroups>

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 2:50 AM

I am trying to keep up...slow but sure. That was qute ..doing good

on the baby boomers and not on the can you remember these hahaha. a

so you were just a wee babe then??

Oh..how I remember the out houses from my childhood.....always hated

them.I bookmarked the " potty " sites to read when I have time. In the

test what kind of dog are you...I was a Saint bernard.

I am taking vioxx and I still have days where I have so much pain

and burning in my feet,legs and back and hips that I wonder why I even

bother. Now with my stomach acting up so, I am wondering about asking

the Dr to try celebrex. Has that helped any of you lots?? Carol I did

not know about vioxx causing high BP. I just ran out of my BP med. and

have to get it re-filled or wait and see if I take celebrex I would be

ok. Esther I hope your bladder gets to working soon....with all of us

pulling for you and keeping you in our prayers all the positive vibes

may just help.

The loss of a loved one is very hard and there is always such a

difference in your life. I lost my dad 4 years ago today,and there is a

space in my life that is vacant and will never be filled. We were very

close and so many many times I would just like to be able to call and

say I love you,he was my hero. I know no words can help..but those of

you who are going through this...it will get a little easier in

time..but never ever be the same. By talking about them and the good

times..their memory will stay alive always..even my kids are always

seeing things and say " gee..wonder what grandpa would have thought " . They

are grown up..but he lives on in their hearts too.

I hope you are all doing better and I hope the week-end coming up will

be a good one for you all. Take good care and I will be back again to

put in my two cents worth. Till then,

SNOW

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Snow

no Fibro is not easy because you never know how your going to feel or where

the pain will be on any given day, I even hate making plans because of it.

Thats real funny about your parrot, there are ways to curb his dislike for

you if your interested, I'm working with a rescue Grey I got at Xmas hates

my guts but hes getting better.

Verna

< egroups>

Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2000 4:43 AM

> You are all full of ssip and vinigar that's why I like this list. Wanted

> to make sure I tell you all to have a very,very nice day sunday.

> Verna...I have fibro and it is not easy. I also have osteo and

> neuropathy and ???????? I do have a double yellow head parrot..he has

> been in my home for 26 years..he was 3 when we got him/her. His name is

> Henry......he hates my guts. If he is out...which my son lets him out

> lots...he will actually come after me and he means to bite!!! I do not

> know why he dislikes me so much...my son's he seems to like....but only

> one can really touch him and still have fingers.I was folding clothes

> and I don't know if he just did not want to look at me or what...but he

> " rushed " down his cage to the floor and came over and grabed my pants

> leg...I started backing up and he ran me all the way into the

> kitchen " laughing " which he does well. I got him some cheese and other

> treats and he followed me back to his cage and got in. I have tried and

> he just will not be tame. He is beautiful and healthy...so I just can't

> give him up. Anyways...you stay here...ok??? ok :)

> Till next time...Take good care all.

> SNOW

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Buy Long Distance with your GROUP and SAVE!!!

> 1/4123/6/_/478567/_/958207486/

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> URL to change your membership options:

/group/

> RA-support website: http://www.rasupport.webprovider.com/

> Our chat room: www.delphi.com/RheumatoidArth1/start

• 1 year later...

Patty I don't think I can stay on the group anymore.

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:30 PM

Subject: Hello Everyone

Hi ladies,

Today I am finally back in the land of the (computer) living, after being away from home for awhile, and after my son reformatted my hard drives and I ended up with some problems receiving email. It was very good to have a break from all my office work, and to just spend lots of quality time with family. My son was able to come home from Korea for nearly three weeks, my brother in law from Alaska visited, and I took my kids to Tucson to see family there, so I have had a very wonderful holiday. The Lord filled our house with so many blessings and I was able to take a real break from all the "stuff" that is a daily grind. Gotta get back to it tomorrow, though....so much to do in these first days of the new year, and wrapping up the old.

I have to say, I was quite disappointed in the tone of the messages that have been tossed around here during the last few days of this holiday season while I've been gone. It is a real let down to see this kind of bickering yet going on, after all the discussions we have already had about it. Girls, sometimes you just gotta give it up. I can't see where you've accomplished anything. I've warned many times that personal attacks are just not cool on this forum, and yet it goes on. I find it really pretty disgusting and quite fruitless. Can't we practice social graces that keep us civilized? I'd really prefer that.

Healing is an individual affair. We take our healing advice from many different sources. We experience our healing in different degrees, at different paces, in different manners. The issue of hair analysis is not a "Dr. Kolb" issue, and it should never have been made one. Information about hair analysis is found in different many places, so my suggestion is to do your research. We can share what our experiences have been--that is the whole goal of trying to help each other get better here. Some may find it instructive, as I did, and some may not. We each make our own decisions. When it comes to spending money on health care, it can be wasted no matter which side you go to. I don't think the alternative care market has a corner on ripping people off by any means. You just don't feel it as much on the other side because usually the insurance bears the most burden, but really, is your money better spent there if all they do is tell you your sickness is all in your head, or feed you pills that could make you worse off in the long run? Spend your health care dollars wisely. Here is my advice: Ask questions before you make the appointments. See if you can find the information you need in books, or on the net. Read lots, and Email knowledgeble sources. Use health care providers for testing. Then find and try natural ways to deal with your issues. I can honestly say I have not wasted much money at all on my healing odyssey because I cut out the doctor visits, and learned the facts myself, and today I would gladly tell you that I am nearly 100% better and I didn't waste my time with jerks who tried to convince me it was all in my head.

I strongly encourage all of you as you are on this healing journey to take the time to learn more about your body. I realize that maybe all of you aren't into the academics of this health issue the way I am, but even so, take the time to evaluate what is being said and make your own decisions about what doctors, therapies, or path you want to travel. Then take responsibility for it. We may not all agree, but that is OK. I really do think we can learn alot from each other, and that we can help each other.

I've got some major projects lined up for this new year, and I probably won't be posting as regularly on the group as I have been in the past. I certainly care about all of you and hope you will feel free to write me personally if you need to.

Phyllis, it was great to hear from you again! Gosh, lady, I've missed you! You are making gradual gains--keep your chin up--and keep up the good work! Hopefully we can get together sometime again, let me know if you want to grab a cup of tea together somewhere.

Angelika, looking forward to seeing you on the 17th!

To everyone, I wish all of you the very best for 2002. Seek goodness in everything and in everyone. Extend grace. Live in peace. Reach out to others with a kind gesture--it will make you feel good about yourself. Smile. And be thankful, above everything else, be so very thankful for all that you have been given by our gracious heavenly Father.

With Love,

Patty

You know this would make me very sad. Can we please discuss this privately?

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:39 PM

Subject: Re: Hello Everyone

Hi ladies,

Today I am finally back in the land of the (computer) living, after being away from home for awhile, and after my son reformatted my hard drives and I ended up with some problems receiving email. It was very good to have a break from all my office work, and to just spend lots of quality time with family. My son was able to come home from Korea for nearly three weeks, my brother in law from Alaska visited, and I took my kids to Tucson to see family there, so I have had a very wonderful holiday. The Lord filled our house with so many blessings and I was able to take a real break from all the "stuff" that is a daily grind. Gotta get back to it tomorrow, though....so much to do in these first days of the new year, and wrapping up the old.

I have to say, I was quite disappointed in the tone of the messages that have been tossed around here during the last few days of this holiday season while I've been gone. It is a real let down to see this kind of bickering yet going on, after all the discussions we have already had about it. Girls, sometimes you just gotta give it up. I can't see where you've accomplished anything. I've warned many times that personal attacks are just not cool on this forum, and yet it goes on. I find it really pretty disgusting and quite fruitless. Can't we practice social graces that keep us civilized? I'd really prefer that.

Healing is an individual affair. We take our healing advice from many different sources. We experience our healing in different degrees, at different paces, in different manners. The issue of hair analysis is not a "Dr. Kolb" issue, and it should never have been made one. Information about hair analysis is found in different many places, so my suggestion is to do your research. We can share what our experiences have been--that is the whole goal of trying to help each other get better here. Some may find it instructive, as I did, and some may not. We each make our own decisions. When it comes to spending money on health care, it can be wasted no matter which side you go to. I don't think the alternative care market has a corner on ripping people off by any means. You just don't feel it as much on the other side because usually the insurance bears the most burden, but really, is your money better spent there if all they do is tell you your sickness is all in your head, or feed you pills that could make you worse off in the long run? Spend your health care dollars wisely. Here is my advice: Ask questions before you make the appointments. See if you can find the information you need in books, or on the net. Read lots, and Email knowledgeble sources. Use health care providers for testing. Then find and try natural ways to deal with your issues. I can honestly say I have not wasted much money at all on my healing odyssey because I cut out the doctor visits, and learned the facts myself, and today I would gladly tell you that I am nearly 100% better and I didn't waste my time with jerks who tried to convince me it was all in my head.

I strongly encourage all of you as you are on this healing journey to take the time to learn more about your body. I realize that maybe all of you aren't into the academics of this health issue the way I am, but even so, take the time to evaluate what is being said and make your own decisions about what doctors, therapies, or path you want to travel. Then take responsibility for it. We may not all agree, but that is OK. I really do think we can learn alot from each other, and that we can help each other.

I've got some major projects lined up for this new year, and I probably won't be posting as regularly on the group as I have been in the past. I certainly care about all of you and hope you will feel free to write me personally if you need to.

Phyllis, it was great to hear from you again! Gosh, lady, I've missed you! You are making gradual gains--keep your chin up--and keep up the good work! Hopefully we can get together sometime again, let me know if you want to grab a cup of tea together somewhere.

To everyone, I wish all of you the very best for 2002. Seek goodness in everything and in everyone. Extend grace. Live in peace. Reach out to others with a kind gesture--it will make you feel good about yourself. Smile. And be thankful, above everything else, be so very thankful for all that you have been given by our gracious heavenly Father.

With Love,

Patty

yes lets talk tomorrow I am very upset.

I will call you

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:46 PM

You know this would make me very sad. Can we please discuss this privately?

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:39 PM

Hi ladies,

With Love,

Patty

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

--- Heer <idagirl@...> wrote:

> I just noticed it has been kind of quiet so thought

> I would say hi to everyone and let you guys know

> that I am doing great since my cleansing ha ha.

>

> I feel like I am turning yet another corner in my

> healing and it is an awesome feeling to say the

> least.

>

> I can only tell you that I do believe the natural

> healing methods are the best for us, but also don't

> beat yourself up if you need to take meds, we all

> have our own path to follow and we need to do what

> is best for our bodies, I still believe that we need

> to do what we need to do in order to heal, if it is

> seeing a medical Dr or taking a pain med that is ok

> too I believe that no one needs to suffer

> unnecessarily, however I still feel that we can gain

> big steps with natural safe alternative treatments

> as well.

>

> I am so happy I got my hair done today and I am tan

> and ready to hit the beach in Maui and Oahu, man I

> cannot wait, this is my total dream vacation come

> true, and it is going to be special. It is almost

> and It's first wedding anniversary too, so that

> is awesome.

>

> Well, I am going to go soak in the tub, I filled it

> with my special bath and body works vanilla sugar

> bubble bath and some Epsom salts, they are so

> soothing.

>

> I hope all of you are doing well and having a good

> evening and that things are good for you all.

>

> Love

> hugs

> and prayers

>

>

carrie,

wow, I am so jealous! going to hawaii. have fun!

What kind of clleanse did you do? Any side effects?

I want to try some cleanses but am a big chicken.

tell me the details t hanks

love, kathy

Guest guest

Kathy,

I posted the info in an earlier post about the cleanse I did, it was just a

colon cleanse with stuff that I got at the health food store, and physllium

husks, then a few enemas to get things completely cleaned out, it worked

great.

Why are you scared to do it? It is really safe, but you need to be near a

bathroom that is for sure, I am sure some are more difficult than others but

they really can help and are pretty safe.

People really do not like doing enemas but it isn't so bad and it is very

cleansing. Patty does them everyday and has had great results and I can see

the results as well.

Have you ever tried one? It isn't bad once you get over the initial fear of

them.

Talk to ya soon.

< >

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:46 PM

Subject: Re: hello everyone

>

> --- Heer <idagirl@...> wrote:

> > I just noticed it has been kind of quiet so thought

> > I would say hi to everyone and let you guys know

> > that I am doing great since my cleansing ha ha.

> >

> > I feel like I am turning yet another corner in my

> > healing and it is an awesome feeling to say the

> > least.

> >

> > I can only tell you that I do believe the natural

> > healing methods are the best for us, but also don't

> > beat yourself up if you need to take meds, we all

> > have our own path to follow and we need to do what

> > is best for our bodies, I still believe that we need

> > to do what we need to do in order to heal, if it is

> > seeing a medical Dr or taking a pain med that is ok

> > too I believe that no one needs to suffer

> > unnecessarily, however I still feel that we can gain

> > big steps with natural safe alternative treatments

> > as well.

> >

> > I am so happy I got my hair done today and I am tan

> > and ready to hit the beach in Maui and Oahu, man I

> > cannot wait, this is my total dream vacation come

> > true, and it is going to be special. It is almost

> > and It's first wedding anniversary too, so that

> > is awesome.

> >

> > Well, I am going to go soak in the tub, I filled it

> > with my special bath and body works vanilla sugar

> > bubble bath and some Epsom salts, they are so

> > soothing.

> >

> > I hope all of you are doing well and having a good

> > evening and that things are good for you all.

> >

> > Love

> > hugs

> > and prayers

> >

> >

>

>

> carrie,

> wow, I am so jealous! going to hawaii. have fun!

> What kind of clleanse did you do? Any side effects?

> I want to try some cleanses but am a big chicken.

> tell me the details t hanks

> love, kathy

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

PS

The only side effects were that I was in the bathroom all day/night ha ha

with some mild cramping and that was uncomfortable, I felt almost immediate

relief and didn't have any bad reactions.

< >

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:46 PM

Subject: Re: hello everyone

>

> --- Heer <idagirl@...> wrote:

> > I just noticed it has been kind of quiet so thought

> > I would say hi to everyone and let you guys know

> > that I am doing great since my cleansing ha ha.

> >

> > I feel like I am turning yet another corner in my

> > healing and it is an awesome feeling to say the

> > least.

> >

> > I can only tell you that I do believe the natural

> > healing methods are the best for us, but also don't

> > beat yourself up if you need to take meds, we all

> > have our own path to follow and we need to do what

> > is best for our bodies, I still believe that we need

> > to do what we need to do in order to heal, if it is

> > seeing a medical Dr or taking a pain med that is ok

> > too I believe that no one needs to suffer

> > unnecessarily, however I still feel that we can gain

> > big steps with natural safe alternative treatments

> > as well.

> >

> > I am so happy I got my hair done today and I am tan

> > and ready to hit the beach in Maui and Oahu, man I

> > cannot wait, this is my total dream vacation come

> > true, and it is going to be special. It is almost

> > and It's first wedding anniversary too, so that

> > is awesome.

> >

> > Well, I am going to go soak in the tub, I filled it

> > with my special bath and body works vanilla sugar

> > bubble bath and some Epsom salts, they are so

> > soothing.

> >

> > I hope all of you are doing well and having a good

> > evening and that things are good for you all.

> >

> > Love

> > hugs

> > and prayers

> >

> >

>

>

> carrie,

> wow, I am so jealous! going to hawaii. have fun!

> What kind of clleanse did you do? Any side effects?

> I want to try some cleanses but am a big chicken.

> tell me the details t hanks

> love, kathy

>

> __________________________________________________

>

• 5 months later...

Hi !

Welcome back, geeze, I missed you! I wondered when you were going to get back on line. I am so sorry to hear of the foot pain and especially the dizziness. That is not good news. I don't know what it is....I had my bad spell there last month that really threw me for a loop. I was thinking I was really going to get bad and have to finally get some serious testing done, but I backed down after I started feeling better with my walks. I do think exercise is one of THE MOST important things we can do to help us feel better.

Yesterday I had the hydrogen peroxide drip, as well as the IV Vit C drip, and wow, what a difference that made! I stayed up till midnight last night, and was feeling very clear headed, very normal and really great. I was a little leary when the doc told me he would give me the H2O2 drip, as I had never had that done before. I had read about it, but never really considered it. It really helped, that's all I can say. I got 30 grams of C, too, and I am sure that helped alot as well.

Anyway, I am keeping up with my walks daily, and am losing weight finally! I'm eating smaller bits of fruit and veggies throughout the day, rather than eating very sporadically and skipping meals entirely. I mean, I still eat sporadically, but it is more often and in smaller amounts.

Well, gosh girl, I hope this dizziness ends for you with your working out. The dizziness is really discouraging and frustrating, but I know the foot pain probably affects you more. Wish the docs could help you figure that out finally and get rid of it. I had a friend in CA who had the horrible foot pain, too. She also worked out constantly at the gym. I wish I was still in contact with her to see if she is still suffering from it, but it has been over 3 years since we last talked, and I don't know if I can make contact.

Glad you are home, and hope you really enjoyed Reno!

Love,

Patty

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 7:12 AM

Subject: Hello everyone

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that I am back from Reno but that I have not been on line for awhile cause I have been working and also not feeling well since we got home.

Yesterday was bad, my heel pain is intensified again, I guess all the walking and standing on our trip was not good for me at all, so I am not doing to good as far as that goes. I am getting some orthotics made tomorrow so that will hopefully help. My foot Dr has told me that this condition is common and that it is from over use and I want to believe that this is the case but part of me wonders if this is still something left over from implants???????????????

Guess I will never know, I just hope the orthotics help cause this is really really difficult to deal with, I mean it isn't like I can just stay off my feet for 2 weeks to let it heal, although it may somehow come down to that ya know?

I also had a bad case of dizziness the last two days, since the flight home, it was a rough flight and the bouncing around in the plane really got my head spinning so I was not sure what to make of that. It seems that I am prone to dizziness at times, since my neurological problems with implants, it isn't like what I had with implants though, more of a realy vertigo as opposed to the fogginess I had with implants. Anyhow it has made me pretty miserable the last few days, and not only that but I have not worked out for a few days either and it seems to be corelating to these symptoms getting worse, so I will be very happy to get back into the gym tomorrow to see if it helps to make me feel better. I am convinced that working out is instrumental in our healing and this seems to prove it to me. When I am working out I have more energy and less pain and just plane old feel better!

anyhow I need to go get my self ready to go to work here but wanted to say hi to everyone and that I miss you all.

Hugs

, Welcome back. I didn't even know that you were going to Reno. Hope it was for fun, and not business or something stressful. Anyway, remember I told you a while ago that I had bad foot pain? I think it was last summer? Well, it's been non-existent for the last 4-5 months, and now that I'm back working in the PACU, standing on my feet all day, the pain is back full force. It is located in the arch of my foot, and even in the evenings when I sit down and put my feet up, the pain doesn't go away. Nor does it go away on the wknds. So, now I am plagued with this damn foot pain again. And it really hurts. And it completely sucks!! e ----- Original Message ----- From: ~*Patty*~ Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:33 AM Subject: Re: Hello everyone Hi ! Welcome back, geeze, I missed you! I wondered when you were going to get back on line. I am so sorry to hear of the foot pain and especially the dizziness. That is not good news. I don't know what it is....I had my bad spell there last month that really threw me for a loop. I was thinking I was really going to get bad and have to finally get some serious testing done, but I backed down after I started feeling better with my walks. I do think exercise is one of THE MOST important things we can do to help us feel better. Yesterday I had the hydrogen peroxide drip, as well as the IV Vit C drip, and wow, what a difference that made! I stayed up till midnight last night, and was feeling very clear headed, very normal and really great. I was a little leary when the doc told me he would give me the H2O2 drip, as I had never had that done before. I had read about it, but never really considered it. It really helped, that's all I can say. I got 30 grams of C, too, and I am sure that helped alot as well. Anyway, I am keeping up with my walks daily, and am losing weight finally! I'm eating smaller bits of fruit and veggies throughout the day, rather than eating very sporadically and skipping meals entirely. I mean, I still eat sporadically, but it is more often and in smaller amounts. Well, gosh girl, I hope this dizziness ends for you with your working out. The dizziness is really discouraging and frustrating, but I know the foot pain probably affects you more. Wish the docs could help you figure that out finally and get rid of it. I had a friend in CA who had the horrible foot pain, too. She also worked out constantly at the gym. I wish I was still in contact with her to see if she is still suffering from it, but it has been over 3 years since we last talked, and I don't know if I can make contact. Glad you are home, and hope you really enjoyed Reno! Love, Patty ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 7:12 AM Subject: Hello everyone Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that I am back from Reno but that I have not been on line for awhile cause I have been working and also not feeling well since we got home. Yesterday was bad, my heel pain is intensified again, I guess all the walking and standing on our trip was not good for me at all, so I am not doing to good as far as that goes. I am getting some orthotics made tomorrow so that will hopefully help. My foot Dr has told me that this condition is common and that it is from over use and I want to believe that this is the case but part of me wonders if this is still something left over from implants??????????????? Guess I will never know, I just hope the orthotics help cause this is really really difficult to deal with, I mean it isn't like I can just stay off my feet for 2 weeks to let it heal, although it may somehow come down to that ya know? I also had a bad case of dizziness the last two days, since the flight home, it was a rough flight and the bouncing around in the plane really got my head spinning so I was not sure what to make of that. It seems that I am prone to dizziness at times, since my neurological problems with implants, it isn't like what I had with implants though, more of a realy vertigo as opposed to the fogginess I had with implants. Anyhow it has made me pretty miserable the last few days, and not only that but I have not worked out for a few days either and it seems to be corelating to these symptoms getting worse, so I will be very happy to get back into the gym tomorrow to see if it helps to make me feel better. I am convinced that working out is instrumental in our healing and this seems to prove it to me. When I am working out I have more energy and less pain and just plane old feel better! anyhow I need to go get my self ready to go to work here but wanted to say hi to everyone and that I miss you all. Hugs

Hi --

Just a little something that may offer an explanation re the

airplane. I often feel funny after being on the plane--short or long flight--and I suspect it might have something to do

with the fact that they lower the oxygen levels in a plane; probably how much depends on the airline.

Bonnie

e it sounds like you may also have plantar fascitis, it is really really common. I am not sure but I really don't think this is related to implants, i had it once many years ago before I ever had implants, but it was not as bad, it is typical that it will come and go and get worse each time it comes back. I actually found an entire site and support board for this as well, called heelspurs.com and it has been a helpful site.There are allot of different things you can do to get it better, I am going to get casted today for some orthotics and I pray this will be the answer for me!

I will keep you guys posted!

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:24 PM

Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Welcome back. I didn't even know that you were going to Reno. Hope it was for fun, and not business or something stressful.

Anyway, remember I told you a while ago that I had bad foot pain? I think it was last summer? Well, it's been non-existent for the last 4-5 months, and now that I'm back working in the PACU, standing on my feet all day, the pain is back full force. It is located in the arch of my foot, and even in the evenings when I sit down and put my feet up, the pain doesn't go away. Nor does it go away on the wknds. So, now I am plagued with this damn foot pain again. And it really hurts. And it completely sucks!!

e

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:33 AM

Hi !

Welcome back, geeze, I missed you! I wondered when you were going to get back on line. I am so sorry to hear of the foot pain and especially the dizziness. That is not good news. I don't know what it is....I had my bad spell there last month that really threw me for a loop. I was thinking I was really going to get bad and have to finally get some serious testing done, but I backed down after I started feeling better with my walks. I do think exercise is one of THE MOST important things we can do to help us feel better.

Yesterday I had the hydrogen peroxide drip, as well as the IV Vit C drip, and wow, what a difference that made! I stayed up till midnight last night, and was feeling very clear headed, very normal and really great. I was a little leary when the doc told me he would give me the H2O2 drip, as I had never had that done before. I had read about it, but never really considered it. It really helped, that's all I can say. I got 30 grams of C, too, and I am sure that helped alot as well.

Anyway, I am keeping up with my walks daily, and am losing weight finally! I'm eating smaller bits of fruit and veggies throughout the day, rather than eating very sporadically and skipping meals entirely. I mean, I still eat sporadically, but it is more often and in smaller amounts.

Well, gosh girl, I hope this dizziness ends for you with your working out. The dizziness is really discouraging and frustrating, but I know the foot pain probably affects you more. Wish the docs could help you figure that out finally and get rid of it. I had a friend in CA who had the horrible foot pain, too. She also worked out constantly at the gym. I wish I was still in contact with her to see if she is still suffering from it, but it has been over 3 years since we last talked, and I don't know if I can make contact.

Love,

Patty

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that I am back from Reno but that I have not been on line for awhile cause I have been working and also not feeling well since we got home.

Yesterday was bad, my heel pain is intensified again, I guess all the walking and standing on our trip was not good for me at all, so I am not doing to good as far as that goes. I am getting some orthotics made tomorrow so that will hopefully help. My foot Dr has told me that this condition is common and that it is from over use and I want to believe that this is the case but part of me wonders if this is still something left over from implants???????????????

Guess I will never know, I just hope the orthotics help cause this is really really difficult to deal with, I mean it isn't like I can just stay off my feet for 2 weeks to let it heal, although it may somehow come down to that ya know?

I also had a bad case of dizziness the last two days, since the flight home, it was a rough flight and the bouncing around in the plane really got my head spinning so I was not sure what to make of that. It seems that I am prone to dizziness at times, since my neurological problems with implants, it isn't like what I had with implants though, more of a realy vertigo as opposed to the fogginess I had with implants. Anyhow it has made me pretty miserable the last few days, and not only that but I have not worked out for a few days either and it seems to be corelating to these symptoms getting worse, so I will be very happy to get back into the gym tomorrow to see if it helps to make me feel better. I am convinced that working out is instrumental in our healing and this seems to prove it to me. When I am working out I have more energy and less pain and just plane old feel better!

anyhow I need to go get my self ready to go to work here but wanted to say hi to everyone and that I miss you all.

Hugs

Well-it's a possibility since oxygen (or lack thereof) seems

to be the problem. I don't know as we need to find out,

as it's enough to know it's done--and it's not going to change.

I have read some blurbs here and there about people

complaining about oxygen levels being too low on

airplanes. ..I think they related to heart problems.

Bonnie

That's an excellent article, thank you. Will have to check that

site out further.

Aside from feeling funny or lightheaded when I fly, I always

feel as if I'm trying to catch something and do the

liquid silver and probiotocs afterward. I know of a number

of people (without implants) who wind up sick two or

three days after flying. . .

Bonnie

Patty

Well here I am all better cept my feet ar bad agian. I am going to get orthotics today, I am praying that this will be an answer for me. I stumbled upon a website called heelspurs.com and man it is me exactly. there are tons of people who have this condition. I don't really believe this is implant related, it isn't the same foot pain I had with implants at all. I wish I would have known that this is what I had sooner though, I just asumed that everything was implant related and it is easy to blame implants for everything, but after learning so much about the plantar fascitis I don't believe that it is caused from a disease or condition or autoimmune issue, it is just a problem with that tendon in your arch that eventually it gets little tears and inflammation going on in your feet is so hard to get rid of that is because the blood supply to that part of your body is so poor. SO orthotics help about 75% of the people, we will see if I am one of the 75% right?

Meantime I am curious about somethings, do you think that you can get jetlag from a short one hour flight like that one that I took? I swear that is what it felt like, but I just didn't think you could get that from an hour flight, now I am rethinking ya know. I mean the dizzy head thing is gone, it took a day to go away, it reminded me of jet lag that i had when we came back from Hawaii. Anyhow I am glad that is gone, but I am just miserable with this foot pain crap! I mean it sucks so bad. I got in on this discussin group and the posts are interesting and they have some ideas about getting better. It is just such a drag to have to battle this again!

Anyhow that is what is going on with me right now. I guess it doesn't matter anymore wether or not the problem was or is implants or not, I mean the implants are gone so now it is just a matter of healing the problem right? What else can you do about it, that is how I am looking at things these days.

I am pissed off but in the end I guess I have to treat this condition like I have the condition, rather than sit around being angry about the implants.

I also wanted to ask you about the Dr Mercola I have read some of his stuff and to be honest while I think some of it is good, have you looked at his dietary recomendations for yeast etc? Man that stuff seems really really tough and almost impossible to do, it is so strict, and the amount of supplements that he expects you to take, way too much for me, I can hardly swallow any pills anymore let alone to take that much stuff and to juice the amounts of stuff that he tells you to.

I don't know, I am still on the fence about allot of these so called healers, I feel like some of them are just plain crazy!

well anyhow I will talk to ya soon, glad your feeling better!

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:39 AM

Hi !

Love,

Patty

Hugs

Hi ,

It is interesting about the connection with airplane flights and our symptoms. I remember when I flew to Washington DC and came back, I felt like total crap for days. I'll be flying again in October, so I am wondering what will happen then--we are going to a wedding, and that is the last place I want to be feeling like crap.

I stumbled upon this discussion of Gulf War Illness yesterday when I was doing some research on Flora Source. Interesting about the airplane cautions, see for yourself. I highlighted it below.

http://www.all-natural.com/part6d-g.html

G. A FEW MORE THINGS TO DO AND AVOID

A few suggestions from Joyce Riley and several doctors are:

Wash Your Hands a Lot -- (especially after shaking hands with a number of people in public) or when you have been in an airport or other public place. Get a good germicidal agent.

Keep Your Hands Away from Your Face -- Keep your fingers out of your nose, mouth, ears, and eyes. This writer was surprised to hear the advice on washing hands and keeping them away from your face from several experts on GWI.

Avoid Airplanes and Airports as Much as Possible - - Airplanes recirculate the same air for weeks (or longer). They are incubators for airborne disease or illness. A number of airline flight attendants have sued the airlines for contracting tuberculosis from the stale, recirculated, infected air they are forced to breathe. The World Health Organization says that air travel is now one of the major transmission belts for spreading disease globally. If you must travel by air with any frequency, take extra steps to strengthen you immune system. Avoid airline food and water. Bring your own bottle of water along.

[ED. NOTE: Dr. Garth Nicolson pointed out to this writer that flying worsens the disease, especially the mycoplasma infections, that grow better under low oxygen pressure].

Clean Fruits and Vegetables with Water Treated with Ozone or Hydrogen Peroxide if Possible -- Try to avoid fruit from foreign countries. A lot of dried apricots, for example, comes from Turkey and the Middle East.

If You Exercise at a Health Club, Use Gloves When Using the Equipment -- GWI may be spread via perspiration. Avoid steam baths, saunas, hot tubs and tanning beds. Always lay on a towel when exercising at a health club. [ED. NOTE: Dr. Nicolson points out that dry saunas are very good for GWI, and especially Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome (MCS).]

Avoid All Army Surplus from the Desert Storm War -- Much of it carries infectious spores. Avoid souvenirs or memorabilia from Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Avoid bottled sand from the Gulf. Many troops brought sand home as a souvenir from the war. Much of that sand is infected with biological spores. Avoid all clothing worn in the war zone. A number of military personnel who never went to Desert Storm were infected by equipment that was returned from the war zone to America -- much as Karnal bunt wheat fungus is known to be spread via farm equipment.

[ED. NOTE: This report has intentionally omitted recommending specific doctors and clinics which might be able to help treat Gulf War Illness -- because most doctors who have treated GWI on a high profile basis have come under tremendous pressure from the government, FDA, and medical establishment not to treat the disease, not to talk about it, and not to help the vets. This is incredible and unbelievable, but true! Most of these doctors do not want their names mentioned in print. One exception is Dr. Larry Goss (M.D.), 305 E. Missouri St., Walters, OK 73572 (405) 875-3324. There are also a few who are willing to treat Gulf War vets on a low-profile basis and more are likely to emerge. These doctors will be known to a certain extent by Joyce Riley and the American Gulf War Veterans Association, 3506 Highway 6 South #117, Sugarland, TX 77478-4401 (713) 587-5437 and by Drs. Garth and Nicolson].

That does make allot of sense Bonnie I think that could have allot to do with it too. Thanks

C

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 9:42 AM

Hi -- Just a little something that may offer an explanation re the airplane. I often feel funny after being on the plane--short or long flight--and I suspect it might have something to do with the fact that they lower the oxygen levels in a plane; probably how much depends on the airline. Bonnie

Patty

I didn't feel bad at all when we got to Reno, it was coming home for some reason that got me. Same with Hawaii, felt fine on the way there it was coming back that it took allot out of me. I am wondering if it is a time zone thing but not sure why that would matter at all. Who knows, but part of why my feet hurt is that when I got to Reno I over did it cause I was feeling so damn good, so who knows. I say if you are going to travel and have the opportunity go for and not to stress, it is worth it to me, I love to travel so I will never say no to it, even if I hate flying somewhat. I also have to say that the flight to Reno was smooth as silk and we had seats in the front of the plane, the way home was a bouncy flight with lots of turbulence and we were stuck in the rear of the plane. If you cannot afford first class then try to sit up as far as you can, it seems to help me. The small planes are the worse for me too. Yuck !

Hugs

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:56 AM

Hi ,

It is interesting about the connection with airplane flights and our symptoms. I remember when I flew to Washington DC and came back, I felt like total crap for days. I'll be flying again in October, so I am wondering what will happen then--we are going to a wedding, and that is the last place I want to be feeling like crap.

I stumbled upon this discussion of Gulf War Illness yesterday when I was doing some research on Flora Source. Interesting about the airplane cautions, see for yourself. I highlighted it below.

Wash Your Hands a Lot -- (especially after shaking hands with a number of people in public) or when you have been in an airport or other public place. Get a good germicidal agent.

Keep Your Hands Away from Your Face -- Keep your fingers out of your nose, mouth, ears, and eyes. This writer was surprised to hear the advice on washing hands and keeping them away from your face from several experts on GWI.

Avoid Airplanes and Airports as Much as Possible - - Airplanes recirculate the same air for weeks (or longer). They are incubators for airborne disease or illness. A number of airline flight attendants have sued the airlines for contracting tuberculosis from the stale, recirculated, infected air they are forced to breathe. The World Health Organization says that air travel is now one of the major transmission belts for spreading disease globally. If you must travel by air with any frequency, take extra steps to strengthen you immune system. Avoid airline food and water. Bring your own bottle of water along.

[ED. NOTE: Dr. Garth Nicolson pointed out to this writer that flying worsens the disease, especially the mycoplasma infections, that grow better under low oxygen pressure].

Clean Fruits and Vegetables with Water Treated with Ozone or Hydrogen Peroxide if Possible -- Try to avoid fruit from foreign countries. A lot of dried apricots, for example, comes from Turkey and the Middle East.

If You Exercise at a Health Club, Use Gloves When Using the Equipment -- GWI may be spread via perspiration. Avoid steam baths, saunas, hot tubs and tanning beds. Always lay on a towel when exercising at a health club. [ED. NOTE: Dr. Nicolson points out that dry saunas are very good for GWI, and especially Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome (MCS).]

Avoid All Army Surplus from the Desert Storm War -- Much of it carries infectious spores. Avoid souvenirs or memorabilia from Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Avoid bottled sand from the Gulf. Many troops brought sand home as a souvenir from the war. Much of that sand is infected with biological spores. Avoid all clothing worn in the war zone. A number of military personnel who never went to Desert Storm were infected by equipment that was returned from the war zone to America -- much as Karnal bunt wheat fungus is known to be spread via farm equipment.

[ED. NOTE: This report has intentionally omitted recommending specific doctors and clinics which might be able to help treat Gulf War Illness -- because most doctors who have treated GWI on a high profile basis have come under tremendous pressure from the government, FDA, and medical establishment not to treat the disease, not to talk about it, and not to help the vets. This is incredible and unbelievable, but true! Most of these doctors do not want their names mentioned in print. One exception is Dr. Larry Goss (M.D.), 305 E. Missouri St., Walters, OK 73572 (405) 875-3324. There are also a few who are willing to treat Gulf War vets on a low-profile basis and more are likely to emerge. These doctors will be known to a certain extent by Joyce Riley and the American Gulf War Veterans Association, 3506 Highway 6 South #117, Sugarland, TX 77478-4401 (713) 587-5437 and by Drs. Garth and Nicolson].

Hey that could explain allot too as far as it depending on the airline, or even the flight. We flew southwest this last time and I swear that flight took more out of me then when I have flown Delta which is what I usually fly, could that really be it? I wonder how you can find out about this? HMMM?

Hi -- Just a little something that may offer an explanation re the airplane. I often feel funny after being on the plane--short or long flight--and I suspect it might have something to do with the fact that they lower the oxygen levels in a plane; probably how much depends on the airline. Bonnie

I use the Bioshield when flying as it helps protect from the adverse effects of electromagnetic fields. See the information on it at www.plastikos.com. Lots of my patients who are pilots and flight attendants use it as well. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:56 PM Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Hi ,

Try Carozyme supplement between meals to decrease inflammation and orthotics to change pressure points. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 11:24 AM Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Patty

Well here I am all better cept my feet ar bad agian. I am going to get orthotics today, I am praying that this will be an answer for me. I stumbled upon a website called heelspurs.com and man it is me exactly. there are tons of people who have this condition. I don't really believe this is implant related, it isn't the same foot pain I had with implants at all. I wish I would have known that this is what I had sooner though, I just asumed that everything was implant related and it is easy to blame implants for everything, but after learning so much about the plantar fascitis I don't believe that it is caused from a disease or condition or autoimmune issue, it is just a problem with that tendon in your arch that eventually it gets little tears and inflammation going on in your feet is so hard to get rid of that is because the blood supply to that part of your body is so poor. SO orthotics help about 75% of the people, we will see if I am one of the 75% right?

Meantime I am curious about somethings, do you think that you can get jetlag from a short one hour flight like that one that I took? I swear that is what it felt like, but I just didn't think you could get that from an hour flight, now I am rethinking ya know. I mean the dizzy head thing is gone, it took a day to go away, it reminded me of jet lag that i had when we came back from Hawaii. Anyhow I am glad that is gone, but I am just miserable with this foot pain crap! I mean it sucks so bad. I got in on this discussin group and the posts are interesting and they have some ideas about getting better. It is just such a drag to have to battle this again!

Anyhow that is what is going on with me right now. I guess it doesn't matter anymore wether or not the problem was or is implants or not, I mean the implants are gone so now it is just a matter of healing the problem right? What else can you do about it, that is how I am looking at things these days.

I am pissed off but in the end I guess I have to treat this condition like I have the condition, rather than sit around being angry about the implants.

I also wanted to ask you about the Dr Mercola I have read some of his stuff and to be honest while I think some of it is good, have you looked at his dietary recomendations for yeast etc? Man that stuff seems really really tough and almost impossible to do, it is so strict, and the amount of supplements that he expects you to take, way too much for me, I can hardly swallow any pills anymore let alone to take that much stuff and to juice the amounts of stuff that he tells you to.

I don't know, I am still on the fence about allot of these so called healers, I feel like some of them are just plain crazy!

well anyhow I will talk to ya soon, glad your feeling better!

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:39 AM

Hi !

Love,

Patty

Hugs

Bonnie may be right, as it's been a few years since I was a flight attendant. However, the other thing I know is that multiple strong chemicals are used to clean all aircraft when they are 'down'. Additionally, the aircraft that fly out of the country are inundated with additional strong chemicals; and you never know when you are boarding an aircraft that just returned from a foreign country. Then, consider all the fueling and other fumes constantly in use at any airport, and you have a very "toxic mixture" to breath.......

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

----- Original Message ----- From: Bos@...

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:42 AM

Hi ,

Additionally, the 'Noise Level' is worse on Southwest's 737s, than on Delta's larger aircraft! Plus, the previous problems I mentioned!

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:45 PM

Hey that could explain allot too as far as it depending on the airline, or even the flight. We flew southwest this last time and I swear that flight took more out of me then when I have flown Delta which is what I usually fly, could that really be it? I wonder how you can find out about this? HMMM?