RemedySpot.com

hello everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks I just got fitted with orthotics yesterday so hopefully they will help. What is carozyme is it an anti inflammatory type supplement?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:34 PM

Subject: RE: Hello everyone

Try Carozyme supplement between meals to decrease inflammation and orthotics to change pressure points. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 11:24 AM Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Patty

Well here I am all better cept my feet ar bad agian. I am going to get orthotics today, I am praying that this will be an answer for me. I stumbled upon a website called heelspurs.com and man it is me exactly. there are tons of people who have this condition. I don't really believe this is implant related, it isn't the same foot pain I had with implants at all. I wish I would have known that this is what I had sooner though, I just asumed that everything was implant related and it is easy to blame implants for everything, but after learning so much about the plantar fascitis I don't believe that it is caused from a disease or condition or autoimmune issue, it is just a problem with that tendon in your arch that eventually it gets little tears and inflammation going on in your feet is so hard to get rid of that is because the blood supply to that part of your body is so poor. SO orthotics help about 75% of the people, we will see if I am one of the 75% right?

Meantime I am curious about somethings, do you think that you can get jetlag from a short one hour flight like that one that I took? I swear that is what it felt like, but I just didn't think you could get that from an hour flight, now I am rethinking ya know. I mean the dizzy head thing is gone, it took a day to go away, it reminded me of jet lag that i had when we came back from Hawaii. Anyhow I am glad that is gone, but I am just miserable with this foot pain crap! I mean it sucks so bad. I got in on this discussin group and the posts are interesting and they have some ideas about getting better. It is just such a drag to have to battle this again!

Anyhow that is what is going on with me right now. I guess it doesn't matter anymore wether or not the problem was or is implants or not, I mean the implants are gone so now it is just a matter of healing the problem right? What else can you do about it, that is how I am looking at things these days.

I am pissed off but in the end I guess I have to treat this condition like I have the condition, rather than sit around being angry about the implants.

I also wanted to ask you about the Dr Mercola I have read some of his stuff and to be honest while I think some of it is good, have you looked at his dietary recomendations for yeast etc? Man that stuff seems really really tough and almost impossible to do, it is so strict, and the amount of supplements that he expects you to take, way too much for me, I can hardly swallow any pills anymore let alone to take that much stuff and to juice the amounts of stuff that he tells you to.

I don't know, I am still on the fence about allot of these so called healers, I feel like some of them are just plain crazy!

well anyhow I will talk to ya soon, glad your feeling better!

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:39 AM

Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Hi !

Welcome back, geeze, I missed you! I wondered when you were going to get back on line. I am so sorry to hear of the foot pain and especially the dizziness. That is not good news. I don't know what it is....I had my bad spell there last month that really threw me for a loop. I was thinking I was really going to get bad and have to finally get some serious testing done, but I backed down after I started feeling better with my walks. I do think exercise is one of THE MOST important things we can do to help us feel better.

Yesterday I had the hydrogen peroxide drip, as well as the IV Vit C drip, and wow, what a difference that made! I stayed up till midnight last night, and was feeling very clear headed, very normal and really great. I was a little leary when the doc told me he would give me the H2O2 drip, as I had never had that done before. I had read about it, but never really considered it. It really helped, that's all I can say. I got 30 grams of C, too, and I am sure that helped alot as well.

Anyway, I am keeping up with my walks daily, and am losing weight finally! I'm eating smaller bits of fruit and veggies throughout the day, rather than eating very sporadically and skipping meals entirely. I mean, I still eat sporadically, but it is more often and in smaller amounts.

Well, gosh girl, I hope this dizziness ends for you with your working out. The dizziness is really discouraging and frustrating, but I know the foot pain probably affects you more. Wish the docs could help you figure that out finally and get rid of it. I had a friend in CA who had the horrible foot pain, too. She also worked out constantly at the gym. I wish I was still in contact with her to see if she is still suffering from it, but it has been over 3 years since we last talked, and I don't know if I can make contact.

Glad you are home, and hope you really enjoyed Reno!

Love,

Patty

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 7:12 AM

Subject: Hello everyone

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that I am back from Reno but that I have not been on line for awhile cause I have been working and also not feeling well since we got home.

Yesterday was bad, my heel pain is intensified again, I guess all the walking and standing on our trip was not good for me at all, so I am not doing to good as far as that goes. I am getting some orthotics made tomorrow so that will hopefully help. My foot Dr has told me that this condition is common and that it is from over use and I want to believe that this is the case but part of me wonders if this is still something left over from implants???????????????

Guess I will never know, I just hope the orthotics help cause this is really really difficult to deal with, I mean it isn't like I can just stay off my feet for 2 weeks to let it heal, although it may somehow come down to that ya know?

I also had a bad case of dizziness the last two days, since the flight home, it was a rough flight and the bouncing around in the plane really got my head spinning so I was not sure what to make of that. It seems that I am prone to dizziness at times, since my neurological problems with implants, it isn't like what I had with implants though, more of a realy vertigo as opposed to the fogginess I had with implants. Anyhow it has made me pretty miserable the last few days, and not only that but I have not worked out for a few days either and it seems to be corelating to these symptoms getting worse, so I will be very happy to get back into the gym tomorrow to see if it helps to make me feel better. I am convinced that working out is instrumental in our healing and this seems to prove it to me. When I am working out I have more energy and less pain and just plane old feel better!

anyhow I need to go get my self ready to go to work here but wanted to say hi to everyone and that I miss you all.

Hugs

Yes, if it is taken between meals. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 12:00 PM Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Thanks I just got fitted with orthotics yesterday so hopefully they will help. What is carozyme is it an anti inflammatory type supplement?

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:34 PM

Subject: RE: Hello everyone

Try Carozyme supplement between meals to decrease inflammation and orthotics to change pressure points. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 11:24 AM Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Patty

Well here I am all better cept my feet ar bad agian. I am going to get orthotics today, I am praying that this will be an answer for me. I stumbled upon a website called heelspurs.com and man it is me exactly. there are tons of people who have this condition. I don't really believe this is implant related, it isn't the same foot pain I had with implants at all. I wish I would have known that this is what I had sooner though, I just asumed that everything was implant related and it is easy to blame implants for everything, but after learning so much about the plantar fascitis I don't believe that it is caused from a disease or condition or autoimmune issue, it is just a problem with that tendon in your arch that eventually it gets little tears and inflammation going on in your feet is so hard to get rid of that is because the blood supply to that part of your body is so poor. SO orthotics help about 75% of the people, we will see if I am one of the 75% right?

Meantime I am curious about somethings, do you think that you can get jetlag from a short one hour flight like that one that I took? I swear that is what it felt like, but I just didn't think you could get that from an hour flight, now I am rethinking ya know. I mean the dizzy head thing is gone, it took a day to go away, it reminded me of jet lag that i had when we came back from Hawaii. Anyhow I am glad that is gone, but I am just miserable with this foot pain crap! I mean it sucks so bad. I got in on this discussin group and the posts are interesting and they have some ideas about getting better. It is just such a drag to have to battle this again!

Anyhow that is what is going on with me right now. I guess it doesn't matter anymore wether or not the problem was or is implants or not, I mean the implants are gone so now it is just a matter of healing the problem right? What else can you do about it, that is how I am looking at things these days.

I am pissed off but in the end I guess I have to treat this condition like I have the condition, rather than sit around being angry about the implants.

I also wanted to ask you about the Dr Mercola I have read some of his stuff and to be honest while I think some of it is good, have you looked at his dietary recomendations for yeast etc? Man that stuff seems really really tough and almost impossible to do, it is so strict, and the amount of supplements that he expects you to take, way too much for me, I can hardly swallow any pills anymore let alone to take that much stuff and to juice the amounts of stuff that he tells you to.

I don't know, I am still on the fence about allot of these so called healers, I feel like some of them are just plain crazy!

well anyhow I will talk to ya soon, glad your feeling better!

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:39 AM

Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Hi !

Welcome back, geeze, I missed you! I wondered when you were going to get back on line. I am so sorry to hear of the foot pain and especially the dizziness. That is not good news. I don't know what it is....I had my bad spell there last month that really threw me for a loop. I was thinking I was really going to get bad and have to finally get some serious testing done, but I backed down after I started feeling better with my walks. I do think exercise is one of THE MOST important things we can do to help us feel better.

Yesterday I had the hydrogen peroxide drip, as well as the IV Vit C drip, and wow, what a difference that made! I stayed up till midnight last night, and was feeling very clear headed, very normal and really great. I was a little leary when the doc told me he would give me the H2O2 drip, as I had never had that done before. I had read about it, but never really considered it. It really helped, that's all I can say. I got 30 grams of C, too, and I am sure that helped alot as well.

Anyway, I am keeping up with my walks daily, and am losing weight finally! I'm eating smaller bits of fruit and veggies throughout the day, rather than eating very sporadically and skipping meals entirely. I mean, I still eat sporadically, but it is more often and in smaller amounts.

Well, gosh girl, I hope this dizziness ends for you with your working out. The dizziness is really discouraging and frustrating, but I know the foot pain probably affects you more. Wish the docs could help you figure that out finally and get rid of it. I had a friend in CA who had the horrible foot pain, too. She also worked out constantly at the gym. I wish I was still in contact with her to see if she is still suffering from it, but it has been over 3 years since we last talked, and I don't know if I can make contact.

Glad you are home, and hope you really enjoyed Reno!

Love,

Patty

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 7:12 AM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that I am back from Reno but that I have not been on line for awhile cause I have been working and also not feeling well since we got home.

Yesterday was bad, my heel pain is intensified again, I guess all the walking and standing on our trip was not good for me at all, so I am not doing to good as far as that goes. I am getting some orthotics made tomorrow so that will hopefully help. My foot Dr has told me that this condition is common and that it is from over use and I want to believe that this is the case but part of me wonders if this is still something left over from implants???????????????

Guess I will never know, I just hope the orthotics help cause this is really really difficult to deal with, I mean it isn't like I can just stay off my feet for 2 weeks to let it heal, although it may somehow come down to that ya know?

I also had a bad case of dizziness the last two days, since the flight home, it was a rough flight and the bouncing around in the plane really got my head spinning so I was not sure what to make of that. It seems that I am prone to dizziness at times, since my neurological problems with implants, it isn't like what I had with implants though, more of a realy vertigo as opposed to the fogginess I had with implants. Anyhow it has made me pretty miserable the last few days, and not only that but I have not worked out for a few days either and it seems to be corelating to these symptoms getting worse, so I will be very happy to get back into the gym tomorrow to see if it helps to make me feel better. I am convinced that working out is instrumental in our healing and this seems to prove it to me. When I am working out I have more energy and less pain and just plane old feel better!

anyhow I need to go get my self ready to go to work here but wanted to say hi to everyone and that I miss you all.

Hugs

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

in my opinion, it is not the immune system just gone awry attaching

myelin... this has always been a very secure inner hunch. Whether it is a

virus, bacteria or fungi, we must eliminate this from our bodies... only

then will we truly heal ourselves... I think you are correct in your

" vision-thing "

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, alumen@... wrote:

> Lately, I've been so excited about this new treatment, I believe my

> endorphins have already kicked in a little bit.

> I know this is going to sound weird- but I want to tell you all something.

> I stumbled on the idea of endorphins being the key to healing many years

> ago. Seriously- I even mentioned it to my Drs. They just laughed at me.

> I've been telling everyone to get their endorphins moving - that it was

> important and everyone humored me. I even called myself an endorphin junkie.

> I felt I had some control over it - I used to be able to trigger them. It's

> funny that the time they are saying for the LDN is between 9 and 3 am-

> because that's when I found it best for working on it also.

> I'm an artist.

> I paint. I used to paint between 9 and 5 am. It was almost compulsive. And

> I would listen to classical or progressive music. I would have almost

> vision like images pop into my head. I am not crazy. I call it visionary -

> now I know it's got to be true.

> I've had MS effecting me for 25 years. I can't run, but it's only been in

> the past year that I feel like I've really starting sliding downhill. I

> have to use my cane all the time. I'm always tired. I sleep so much- I

> don't even want to get out of bed. In fact 3 months ago, I stopped painting

> all together. I don't listen to music- I just went blank inside.

> I know my endorphins have dropped.

> I started taking prozac to keep from crying everyday.

> So when a friend on the MS views group brought up the LDN- and I started

> looking into it, I knew this was the treatment for me. I know Dr. Bihari

> has hit the mark!!! You all are such a new inspiration for me. This road is

> the one I've been waiting for.

> And since I'm telling you about my visionary stuff- I want to add one more

> thing. In my visions.. I saw, that it wasn't the immune system itself- it

> was a virus that was riding on the cells of immune system. I don't know if

> that makes any sense to anyone. I dont' really know how to explain it

> better.

> maybe I am nuts- but...

> It doesn't really matter.

> I am just grateful for all of you here- talking and taking the step

> forward. Not rolling over and giving up. I mean this from every part of my

> being-

> THANK YOU! ALL OF YOU!!

> love,

> alex

>

>

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

> mail2web - Check your email from the web at

> http://mail2web.com/ .

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

first off- I want to than everyone for your kind words about my visions and

my paintings. I do sell them once in a while. And I'm female.

I'm in Minnesota- between wisconsin and saint paul.

and B- you're my new hero. Your email is very inspiring- as is all

that I dream!

Joyce, you also, because like you, I'll be happy if it would just " stop

this crazy thing! " (jetsons)

I can feel my endorphin level picking up again just out of sheer excitement

that there is hope!!!

thank you all for being here.

I feel like we are all family!!!

cheers!

alex

Original Message:

-----------------

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:34:50 -0500

alumen@...

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] hello everyone

Wow ..that sure is some story..I totally believe you. Bizarre to have

come up with those things though and probably so darned frustrating. I've

been trying to get a sort of informal survey whenever I hear of someone

that

says they exercise a lot cuz I do believe that is how I managed to stay so

well with my ms for the last 15 years. I used to hang out at the health

club

and everyone knows that vigorous exercise creates endorphins, so my theory

is that it was as if I was on LDN all those years no? Well good luck to you

..oh and great photos. Joyce.

Reply-alumen@...

low dose naltrexone

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] hello everyone

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:36:40 -0400

Lately, I've been so excited about this new treatment, I believe my

endorphins have already kicked in a little bit.

I know this is going to sound weird- but I want to tell you all something.

I stumbled on the idea of endorphins being the key to healing many years

ago. Seriously- I even mentioned it to my Drs. They just laughed at me.

I've been telling everyone to get their endorphins moving - that it was

important and everyone humored me. I even called myself an endorphin junkie.

I felt I had some control over it - I used to be able to trigger them. It's

funny that the time they are saying for the LDN is between 9 and 3 am-

because that's when I found it best for working on it also.

I'm an artist.

I paint. I used to paint between 9 and 5 am. It was almost compulsive. And

I would listen to classical or progressive music. I would have almost

vision like images pop into my head. I am not crazy. I call it visionary -

now I know it's got to be true.

I've had MS effecting me for 25 years. I can't run, but it's only been in

the past year that I feel like I've really starting sliding downhill. I

have to use my cane all the time. I'm always tired. I sleep so much- I

don't even want to get out of bed. In fact 3 months ago, I stopped painting

all together. I don't listen to music- I just went blank inside.

I know my endorphins have dropped.

I started taking prozac to keep from crying everyday.

So when a friend on the MS views group brought up the LDN- and I started

looking into it, I knew this was the treatment for me. I know Dr. Bihari

has hit the mark!!! You all are such a new inspiration for me. This road is

the one I've been waiting for.

And since I'm telling you about my visionary stuff- I want to add one more

thing. In my visions.. I saw, that it wasn't the immune system itself- it

was a virus that was riding on the cells of immune system. I don't know if

that makes any sense to anyone. I dont' really know how to explain it

better.

maybe I am nuts- but...

It doesn't really matter.

I am just grateful for all of you here- talking and taking the step

forward. Not rolling over and giving up. I mean this from every part of my

being-

THANK YOU! ALL OF YOU!!

love,

alex

--------------------------------------------------------------------

mail2web - Check your email from the web at

http://mail2web.com/ .

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

--------------------------------------------------------------------

mail2web - Check your email from the web at

http://mail2web.com/ .

• 1 year later...

Hi Wally,

It sounds like you had a busy day.

Please keep us posted on the x-ray results and enjoy the "down" time while you can.

Hugs, Jacy

~Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

jacymail@...IM: jacygal - ICQ: 96949087www.geocities.com/mtn_rose

Signature powered by Plaxo

Want a signature like this?

-----Original Message-----From: Waldyne Bieberdorf [mailto:waldyne@...]Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 11:48Rheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Hello everyone

Hello and thanks for all the good posts.

I must admit I'm still up and running when

I'm up. I read your posts and cry.

Yesterday was my day,I went for blood

tests to see what kind of arthritis, but in the

X-ray of my ankle (which has been keeping

me down), the technition asked if I had my

pant leg down, of course I didn't and she came

back a 2nd time asking if I had a leg injury

and I said no, came back a 3rd time and felt

my leg, which is tender up to the knee, and

said not to worry as it would be sent out and

read.

I don't think it is serious, but it was shadows

she said that shouldn't be there. Whatever

that means.

Anyway, being layed up isn't so bad as I get

some mail done, and lots of reading and talking

on the phone .

God be with you all and keep your chins UP!

Wally

Hello Jacy and everyone,

Whoosh, reading about your daughter,

worried Mom,with her neck problem...

I hope it all turns out well for her.

I don't know some of these medications

you talk about, being in Canada as we

probably have different

names for them, (Plaquenil, Humira, Remicade).

This morning I'll get a ride from my daughter

to go and visit Betty,my shut-in with MS.

When I look around me I see

more who are worse off, in other diseases.

I am hoping that

I can get this whatever thing fixed up soon

to be out walking again.

I am thinking of you all as I do things...

or notdo things.

Our boat is our bond.

Wally

Hi Wally,

It sounds like you had a busy day.

Please keep us posted on the x-ray results and enjoy the "down" time while you can.

• 2 weeks later...

God bless you, Wally! Love, Waldyne Bieberdorf <waldyne@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just got back from the results on my

ankle and leg X-rays and found out at last that

my arthritis is Osteoarthritis. I am sorry

to have to leave this list as

you have given me so much information

that is helpful with any kind of arthritis.

But I think you'll understand that I need to

find out more now about Osteoarthritis

and get some research done up.

I just want to thank each and every one

of you for your compassion for eachother.

Keep it up.

I will still keep you on my prayer list and

hope that soon they'll find a cureing factor

for all of us.

My best thoughts go with you.

Wally.

Thank you Wally and the best to you and yours!

Hugs, Jacy

~I don't approve of political jokes; I've seen too many get elected.

-----Original Message-----From: Waldyne Bieberdorf [mailto:waldyne@...]Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 11:53Rheumatoid ArthritisSubject: Hello everyone

Hello everyone,

I just got back from the results on my

ankle and leg X-rays and found out at last that

my arthritis is Osteoarthritis. I am sorry

to have to leave this list as

you have given me so much information

that is helpful with any kind of arthritis.

But I think you'll understand that I need to

find out more now about Osteoarthritis

and get some research done up.

I just want to thank each and every one

of you for your compassion for eachother.

Keep it up.

I will still keep you on my prayer list and

hope that soon they'll find a cureing factor

for all of us.

My best thoughts go with you.

Wally.

Anita, I've heard that some pharmaceutical companies will help people get medicine. Sorry to hear all you're going through. No better on my end either. I will pray for you and I pray also that God will intervene in my life too. I know it's tough to hang on, but keep truckin' please. I love you and I'm here for you. Love, Anita ez <coolcat1022@...> wrote:

Hello to all, sorry I have not posted in awhile. This has been a dreadful September. First, we almost lost our home. (Which may still happen, please pray for us). I could not get my Rx refilled for my anti-depressant, so I have not been taking any since last Thursday. So needless to say I have had a horrible, horrible weekend. I got some samples yesterday and I am slowly starting to feel better. Of course, all this stress has made my RA flare up terribly! So I have been more extremely exhausted than usual. I have been at the end of my rope lately and I do love my family, I just can't seem to cope anymore. But, I will try, because I know some others are worse off than me and I should be happy with what I do have. Well, with me back on the effexors, at least that will improve in a few more days. One thing though, I have medicaid and they only cover 6 prescriptions a month and I already take 6, so

what would be the point of me going to my Rheumy dr. on Oct. 4th. I know he will give me at least one more if not 2 more and I do not know what to do. I know we will not have the money to pay for them. My husband works construction so we do not have health insurance. I heard you could get your doctor to talk to the medicaid people in your state and get your Rx limit overrode, but I was told that was only in cases where you are dying. Oh well, I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it, but it does not stop me from worrying about it now.

Anyway, enough about my ranting and raving. I hope everyone is doing well. I will chat more later.

Anita

Swaps4meandU Owner Group

I love Stewie!!

Anita ez

2745 Graham Rd.Mt. Ulla, NC. 28125

coolcat1022@...IM: coolcat102271

tel: mobile:

704-278-3212704-267-9590

Add me to your address book...

Hi Anita,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many things going on.

I pray October is a better month for you and that it works out for you with the house.

Hugs, Jacy

~I don't approve of political jokes; I've seen too many get elected.

-----Original Message-----From: Anita ez [mailto:coolcat1022@...]Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 21:14Rheumatoid Arthritis Subject: hello everyone

Hello to all, sorry I have not posted in awhile. This has been a dreadful September. First, we almost lost our home. (Which may still happen, please pray for us). I could not get my Rx refilled for my anti-depressant, so I have not been taking any since last Thursday. So needless to say I have had a horrible, horrible weekend. I got some samples yesterday and I am slowly starting to feel better. Of course, all this stress has made my RA flare up terribly! So I have been more extremely exhausted than usual. I have been at the end of my rope lately and I do love my family, I just can't seem to cope anymore. But, I will try, because I know some others are worse off than me and I should be happy with what I do have. Well, with me back on the effexors, at least that will improve in a few more days. One thing though, I have medicaid and they only cover 6 prescriptions a month and I already take 6, so what would be the point of me going to my Rheumy dr. on Oct. 4th. I know he will give me at least one more if not 2 more and I do not know what to do. I know we will not have the money to pay for them. My husband works construction so we do not have health insurance. I heard you could get your doctor to talk to the medicaid people in your state and get your Rx limit overrode, but I was told that was only in cases where you are dying. Oh well, I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it, but it does not stop me from worrying about it now.

Anyway, enough about my ranting and raving. I hope everyone is doing well. I will chat more later.

Anita

Swaps4meandU Owner Group

I love Stewie!!

Anita ez

2745 Graham Rd.Mt. Ulla, NC. 28125

coolcat1022@...IM: coolcat102271

tel: mobile:

704-278-3212704-267-9590

Add me to your address book...

• 2 years later...

Welcome to the group. I’m 79

years old, four sons, four grandsons, and (finally) one granddaughter. I’ve

had RA since Dec. 2001 and am doing well on Methotrexate and Remicade. With

your long experience with RA I believe you will have valuable insights to offer

the group.

With all of the medicines you have tried

and that have failed you perhaps you should look into antibiotic therapy.

I’ve never tried it because other things have worked well for me but if

my current medications fail me I will probably go to antibiotics next. I have recently learned a lot about

antibiotic therapy from information supplied to me by a friend and was

surprised to learn that clinical trials show it to be as good as or better than

the most common DMARDs. Nobody seems to be pressing doctors or patients

to become informed about antibiotic therapy. I suggested to the National

Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases that they include more in their semiannual

questionnaires about antibiotics; and in response they said that only 4.1% of

their respondents had ever tried them. They added, “It may be that

for most people Minocycline did not have a strong enough effect in the minds of

rheumatologists.” That might be true as far as what

rheumatologists think but none of the clinical trials that I have been able to

find support that opinion. I believe that if people were more informed

about the clinical trials with antibiotics that rheumatologists would be more

likely to consider it and patients would be more likely to ask their

rheumatologists about it.

There are many anecdotal stories but few clinical trials; and rheumatologists

apparently overlook the few clinical trials because nobody is actively bringing

them to the attention of rheumatologists. However, all clinical trials I

have found are favorable to antibiotics. Early clinical trials, started

over 10 years ago, were with patients who had not had RA long and were against

placebos -- MIRA, O’Dell (1, 2). As a result of these clinical

trials the American

College of Rheumatology acknowledges

Minocycline as a DMARD for mild to moderate, early-onset RA (3). Later trials

compared antibiotics to DMARDs (4, 5, 6). Later trials also investigated

well-established RA that was resistant to some other DMARDs (7, 8, 9, 10).

I do not suggest that everyone would benefit from antibiotics and, in

fact, I am doing well on Methotrexate and Remicade and have no plans right now

to add antibiotics. However I do think antibiotics would help many people

with RA. Studies show that about half or more of the people who were not

helped by other DMARDs are helped by antibiotics. Also, because of the

low cost of some antibiotics, they may be available to many people who cannot

afford the more expensive DMARDs.

1. http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/122/2/81

Tilley MIRA 48 wks Minocycline vs placebo, 1995

2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=10446869 & dopt=Abstract

O’Dell 4 year, Minocycline vs placebo, early-onset RA, 1999

3. http://www.rheumatology.org/public/factsheets/minocycline.asp

ACR on Minocycline, updated 2006; “Minocycline is prescribed for

patients with symptoms of mild rheumatoid

arthritis, sometimes in combination with other medications to treat

patients with persistent symptoms of this form of arthritis.”

4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=16447240 & dopt=Abstract

Doxycycline + MTX vs MTX alone, no previous DMARD, <1 year with RA,

5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=11273473 & dopt=Abstract

India study, 6 months, Doxycycline vs MTX 6

months, 2000

6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=11665963 & dopt=Abstract

Minocycline vs Plaquenil O’Dell 2001

7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=9592865 & dopt=Abstract

Chinese, Minocycline + unspecified DMARD, DMARD resistant before study,

8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=10047718 & dopt=Abstract

Japanese study, DMARD resistant, 1 yr, Minocycline only, 1998

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=1334514 & dopt=Abstract

Israeli study, DMARD resistant, 48 weeks, Minocycline only

10. http://www.jrheum.com/abstracts/abstracts06/224.html

London study. Tetracycline plus Clindamycin

vs no treatment, 1 year, DMARD resistant, 2006

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Sapphy

Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006

3:59 PM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject:

Hello Everyone

Hello, my name is Letisha and I'm 31. I live in Connecticut with my

parents and younger brother. I also have two older sisters. I was

diagnosed with JRA when I was 18 months old. My mother thinks I was

born with it because I was always sick and had fevers. She knew

something was wrong more so when I started walking and would tell

her I was hurting. It took her a while to find someone to be able to

give her a diagnosis. Once I was diagnosed, I had the same doctor

until I was 20.

It has been very hard growing up with arthritis but I've learned to

deal. It always helped that I have a very supportive family. If my

mother couldn't take me to an appointment, another family member

would make sure I got there. My Dad tends to shy away from

appointments, he always has. As they got older, my sisters would

take me. They're 9 and 10 years older than me. Even though I have

arthritis I think my life has been pretty good. My parents were good

about letting me try everything. My mother let me try tap dancing,

she let me jump rope. She said she knew I would probably get sore

but she didn't want to say no. She also made sure we always had

stairs because she thought that was good exercise for me. My doctor

says that may be why I didn't end up in a wheelchair when I was 11

like they thought.

I think I have been on every medication there is. Right now I'm on

Humira, Prednisone, Methotrexate and Folic Acid for my arthritis. I

also take Allegra and Nasonex for allergies and Prevacid for stomach

problems. Right now I'm in the middle of a big flare up which makes

it hard to do anything. I am hurting most of the time but I try to

keep going with my daily activities.

I've had my right shoulder replaced, my right hip replaced, both

wrists had to be straigntened out with surgery. I've also had

surgery on my feet. I have several pinched nerves in my neck due to

me now also having osteoarthritis and I have no feeling in my righ

arm and hand. I'm trying to avoid surgery but it's not looking too

well.

Hopefully this is a good introduction and I look forward to getting

to know everyone :-)

Letisha

Hi letisha- Your story is an inspiration of strength to all of us on the board. Blessings and hopes of better days than bad ones. Hugs, Deborah in Maine.

On 10/7/06, Sapphy <sapphy75@...> wrote:

Hello, my name is Letisha and I'm 31. I live in Connecticut with my parents and younger brother. I also have two older sisters. I was diagnosed with JRA when I was 18 months old. My mother thinks I was born with it because I was always sick and had fevers. She knew something was wrong more so when I started walking and would tell her I was hurting. It took her a while to find someone to be able to give her a diagnosis. Once I was diagnosed, I had the same doctor until I was 20.

It has been very hard growing up with arthritis but I've learned to deal. It always helped that I have a very supportive family. If my mother couldn't take me to an appointment, another family member would make sure I got there. My Dad tends to shy away from appointments, he always has. As they got older, my sisters would take me. They're 9 and 10 years older than me. Even though I have arthritis I think my life has been pretty good. My parents were good about letting me try everything. My mother let me try tap dancing, she let me jump rope. She said she knew I would probably get sore but she didn't want to say no. She also made sure we always had stairs because she thought that was good exercise for me. My doctor says that may be why I didn't end up in a wheelchair when I was 11 like they thought. I think I have been on every medication there is. Right now I'm on Humira, Prednisone, Methotrexate and Folic Acid for my arthritis. I also take Allegra and Nasonex for allergies and Prevacid for stomach problems. Right now I'm in the middle of a big flare up which makes it hard to do anything. I am hurting most of the time but I try to keep going with my daily activities. I've had my right shoulder replaced, my right hip replaced, both wrists had to be straigntened out with surgery. I've also had surgery on my feet. I have several pinched nerves in my neck due to me now also having osteoarthritis and I have no feeling in my righ arm and hand. I'm trying to avoid surgery but it's not looking too well.Hopefully this is a good introduction and I look forward to getting to know everyone :-)Letisha

Letisha,

My name is Gloria and I am 49. Your story is such an inspiration. I

have only been rxd for 4 yrs and I feel so bad all the time that I

wonder if I will be here in 5 years. Then I hear stories like yours

and many others. This site has been such a blessing to me.

I wish you the best baby girl. Welcome to the group.

Gloria in Ok.

>

> Welcome to the group. I'm 79 years old, four sons, four

grandsons, and

> (finally) one granddaughter. I've had RA since Dec. 2001 and am

doing well

> on Methotrexate and Remicade. With your long experience with RA I

believe

> you will have valuable insights to offer the group.

>

>

>

> With all of the medicines you have tried and that have failed you

perhaps

> you should look into antibiotic therapy. I've never tried it

because other

> things have worked well for me but if my current medications fail

me I will

> probably go to antibiotics next. I have recently learned a lot

about

> antibiotic therapy from information supplied to me by a friend and

was

> surprised to learn that clinical trials show it to be as good as

or better

> than the most common DMARDs. Nobody seems to be pressing doctors

or

> patients to become informed about antibiotic therapy. I suggested

to the

> National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases that they include more

in their

> semiannual questionnaires about antibiotics; and in response they

said that

> only 4.1% of their respondents had ever tried them. They

added, " It may be

> that for most people Minocycline did not have a strong enough

effect in the

> minds of rheumatologists. " That might be true as far as what

> rheumatologists think but none of the clinical trials that I have

been able

> to find support that opinion. I believe that if people were more

informed

> about the clinical trials with antibiotics that rheumatologists

would be

> more likely to consider it and patients would be more likely to

ask their

> rheumatologists about it.

>

>

>

> There are many anecdotal stories but few clinical trials; and

> rheumatologists apparently overlook the few clinical trials

because nobody

> is actively bringing them to the attention of rheumatologists.

However, all

> clinical trials I have found are favorable to antibiotics. Early

clinical

> trials, started over 10 years ago, were with patients who had not

had RA

> long and were against placebos -- MIRA, O'Dell (1, 2). As a

result of these

> clinical trials the American College of Rheumatology acknowledges

> Minocycline as a DMARD for mild to moderate, early-onset RA (3).

Later

> trials compared antibiotics to DMARDs (4, 5, 6). Later trials also

> investigated well-established RA that was resistant to some other

DMARDs (7,

> 8, 9, 10).

>

>

>

> I do not suggest that everyone would benefit from antibiotics and,

in fact,

> I am doing well on Methotrexate and Remicade and have no plans

right now to

> add antibiotics. However I do think antibiotics would help many

people with

> RA. Studies show that about half or more of the people who were

not helped

> by other DMARDs are helped by antibiotics. Also, because of the

low cost of

> some antibiotics, they may be available to many people who cannot

afford the

> more expensive DMARDs.

>

>

>

> 1. http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/122/2/81

>

> Tilley MIRA 48 wks Minocycline vs placebo, 1995

>

>

>

> 2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?

cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_u

> ids=10446869 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=10446869 & dopt=Abstract

>

> O'Dell 4 year, Minocycline vs placebo, early-onset RA, 1999

>

>

>

> 3. http://www.rheumatology.org/public/factsheets/minocycline.asp

>

> ACR on Minocycline, updated 2006; " Minocycline is prescribed for

patients

> with symptoms of mild rheumatoid

> <http://www.rheumatology.org/public/factsheets/ra_new.asp>

arthritis,

> sometimes in combination with other medications to treat patients

with

> persistent symptoms of this form of arthritis. "

>

>

>

> 4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> ids=16447240 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=16447240 & dopt=Abstract

>

> Doxycycline + MTX vs MTX alone, no previous DMARD, <1 year with

RA, 2006

>

>

>

> 5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> ids=11273473 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=11273473 & dopt=Abstract

>

> India study, 6 months, Doxycycline vs MTX 6 months, 2000

>

>

>

> 6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> ids=11665963 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=11665963 & dopt=Abstract

>

> Minocycline vs Plaquenil O'Dell 2001

>

>

>

> 7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> ids=9592865 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=9592865 & dopt=Abstract

>

> Chinese, Minocycline + unspecified DMARD, DMARD resistant before

study, 1998

>

>

>

> 8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> ids=10047718 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=10047718 & dopt=Abstract

>

> Japanese study, DMARD resistant, 1 yr, Minocycline only, 1998

>

>

>

> 9.

>

> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve

> ids=1334514 & dopt=Abstract>

& db=PubMed & list_uids=1334514 & dopt=Abstract

>

> Israeli study, DMARD resistant, 48 weeks, Minocycline only

>

>

>

> 10. http://www.jrheum.com/abstracts/abstracts06/224.html

>

> London study. Tetracycline plus Clindamycin vs no treatment, 1

year, DMARD

> resistant, 2006

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: Rheumatoid Arthritis

> [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Sapphy

> Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 3:59 PM

> Rheumatoid Arthritis

> Subject: Hello Everyone

>

>

>

> Hello, my name is Letisha and I'm 31. I live in Connecticut with

my

> parents and younger brother. I also have two older sisters. I was

> diagnosed with JRA when I was 18 months old. My mother thinks I

was

> born with it because I was always sick and had fevers. She knew

> something was wrong more so when I started walking and would tell

> her I was hurting. It took her a while to find someone to be able

to

> give her a diagnosis. Once I was diagnosed, I had the same doctor

> until I was 20.

>

> It has been very hard growing up with arthritis but I've learned

to

> deal. It always helped that I have a very supportive family. If my

> mother couldn't take me to an appointment, another family member

> would make sure I got there. My Dad tends to shy away from

> appointments, he always has. As they got older, my sisters would

> take me. They're 9 and 10 years older than me. Even though I have

> arthritis I think my life has been pretty good. My parents were

good

> about letting me try everything. My mother let me try tap dancing,

> she let me jump rope. She said she knew I would probably get sore

> but she didn't want to say no. She also made sure we always had

> stairs because she thought that was good exercise for me. My

doctor

> says that may be why I didn't end up in a wheelchair when I was 11

> like they thought.

>

> I think I have been on every medication there is. Right now I'm on

> Humira, Prednisone, Methotrexate and Folic Acid for my arthritis.

I

> also take Allegra and Nasonex for allergies and Prevacid for

stomach

> problems. Right now I'm in the middle of a big flare up which

makes

> it hard to do anything. I am hurting most of the time but I try to

> keep going with my daily activities.

>

> I've had my right shoulder replaced, my right hip replaced, both

> wrists had to be straigntened out with surgery. I've also had

> surgery on my feet. I have several pinched nerves in my neck due

to

> me now also having osteoarthritis and I have no feeling in my righ

> arm and hand. I'm trying to avoid surgery but it's not looking too

> well.

>

> Hopefully this is a good introduction and I look forward to

getting

> to know everyone :-)

>

> Letisha

>

• 4 weeks later...

Robin

Our website 4betrhealth.com has some tips in there. This is the way I went. There was no way until I had to that was going to take more drugs than absolutely have to either. This is what I at least food to work. Also there are lots of home remedies too. We do have a newsletter coming out soon with all kinds of things like that on it.

Write me any time.

HopeDegenerative Disease Informationjuliehope@...

Saskatchewan, CanadaTel: 1 306 648-2642 (CST)http://www.4betrhealth.com

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:36 AM

I just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Robin. I joined the group because I know there will be arthritis in my future. Degenerative hips with arthritis and arthritis in our hands. So far (I'm only 41) my only problem is sometimes when I wake up the first joint of my hands is stiff, but if I wiggle them around they loosen up fine. I did recently get a bone density test and there are some concerns in my hips (no suprise there!) I asked my doctor about my hands and he felt that this might be the first signs of Arthritis. He prescribed an anti-flamitory that I took before bed for about a month. It seemed to help (can't remember the name tho) But since I really don't want to spend the next 40 or more years taking prescriptions, I'm looking around for other options. A friend uses hot wax treatments, I'm wondering if that really does help or if it is just a placebo (which is ok if she thinks it works and it helps her)or should I be adding in some special vitamins or maybe I should avoid certain foods or eat more of certain foods - the questions are endless! I don't have a problem with prescriptions if I really need them but I would rather put it off as long as possible. I will probably lurk for awhile and just soak up everyone's insight. Thanks for letting me join!Robin

I don’t know what kind of arthritis

you may have or be afraid of. The two principal kinds are Osteoarthritis

(OA) and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) but there are over 100 other kinds. OA

is also called degenerative arthritis because it is most commonly associated

with the wear and tear of old age or following an accident. RA is an

inflammatory disease either caused by a microorganism or with no known cause

depending on what theories you listen to. It can strike at any age, even

infants, but is most common among middle-aged women. This board is

primarily about Rheumatoid Arthritis but some members may also be able to help

with OA. If you have OA I have heard that Glucosamine-Chondroitin may

help to restore some cartilage and help the symptoms of OA but I’m not

really sure about that.

RA is a progressive disease that needs to

be stopped to avoid continuing joint damage and loss of function. Most

people with RA are on medications for life. Without proper treatment

there is severe crippling, usually resulting in being bedridden or in a

wheelchair. Most people prefer medications to life in bed.

You need to see a rheumatologist to

determine whether you have arthritis, and if so what kind. Many people

sell “sure cures” for any ailment but most of them are quacks that

don’t provide any significant relief. Please work with your doctor

and let us know what you find out. God bless.

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Robin Rene

Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006

7:37 AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject:

Hello everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Robin. I

joined the group

because I know there will be arthritis in my future. Degenerative

hips with arthritis and arthritis in our hands. So far (I'm only 41)

my only problem is sometimes when I wake up the first joint of my

hands is stiff, but if I wiggle them around they loosen up fine. I

did recently get a bone density test and there are some concerns in

my hips (no suprise there!) I asked my doctor about my hands and he

felt that this might be the first signs of Arthritis. He prescribed

an anti-flamitory that I took before bed for about a month. It

seemed to help (can't remember the name tho) But since I really

don't want to spend the next 40 or more years taking prescriptions,

I'm looking around for other options. A friend uses hot wax

treatments, I'm wondering if that really does help or if it is just

a placebo (which is ok if she thinks it works and it helps her)or

should I be adding in some special vitamins or maybe I should avoid

certain foods or eat more of certain foods - the questions are

endless! I don't have a problem with prescriptions if I really need

them but I would rather put it off as long as possible. I will

probably lurk for awhile and just soak up everyone's insight. Thanks

for letting me join!

Robin

It is in your best interest to research for yourself Robin. I take actonel which is a bone building medication and take glucosamine chondritin as well. No impact anything for the future. Hot water therapy in a pool for exercise. No running, jumping or anything that will impact your hips. Invest in a foam mattress topper to cushion your hips. There is also something called hyluran which is being added to supplements to help with joint pain and loss. Go to www.google.com and type in prevention of degenerative bone disease and see what pops up. Hugs, Deborah

On 11/1/06, Robin Rene <springbird_designs@...> wrote:

I just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Robin. I joined the group because I know there will be arthritis in my future. Degenerative hips with arthritis and arthritis in our hands. So far (I'm only 41) my only problem is sometimes when I wake up the first joint of my hands is stiff, but if I wiggle them around they loosen up fine. I did recently get a bone density test and there are some concerns in my hips (no suprise there!) I asked my doctor about my hands and he felt that this might be the first signs of Arthritis. He prescribed an anti-flamitory that I took before bed for about a month. It seemed to help (can't remember the name tho) But since I really don't want to spend the next 40 or more years taking prescriptions, I'm looking around for other options. A friend uses hot wax treatments, I'm wondering if that really does help or if it is just a placebo (which is ok if she thinks it works and it helps her)or should I be adding in some special vitamins or maybe I should avoid certain foods or eat more of certain foods - the questions are endless! I don't have a problem with prescriptions if I really need them but I would rather put it off as long as possible. I will probably lurk for awhile and just soak up everyone's insight. Thanks for letting me join!

Robin

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Welcome, Molly.

We have two Xolair nurses who post from time to time. I'm thrilled to

hear that everyone in your office is doing so well with Xolair. We

would love to have you participate in the group, but in particular I'm

thinking you might have helpful advice to folks about insurance

reauthorization and related issues.

Take care,

Addy

Group co-owner

--- In , " mollyj1230 " <mollyj1230@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi Everyone,

> I would like to introduce myself.My name is Molly, I am 45.A mom of

> (All grown) Grandma of 1. I am a Billing Manager for an

Allergy/Asthma

> Practice in the Central Ohio area.

> I am not on Xolair, nor is anyone in my family. In over the 20+ years

> of being in the medical field, there has been very few drugs that

have

> impressed me the way Xolair has. I have seen peoples quality of life

> improve beyond their wildest dreams. We have been using Xolair in our

> office since August 03.

>

> Is there anyone else here from a Medical Office?

>

Guest guest

> >

> > Hi Everyone,

> > I would like to introduce myself.My name is Molly, I am 45.A

mom of

> 3

> > (All grown) Grandma of 1. I am a Billing Manager for an

> Allergy/Asthma

> > Practice in the Central Ohio area.

> > I am not on Xolair, nor is anyone in my family. In over the 20+

years

> > of being in the medical field, there has been very few drugs that

> have

> > impressed me the way Xolair has. I have seen peoples quality of

life

> > improve beyond their wildest dreams. We have been using Xolair in

our

> > office since August 03.

> >

> > Is there anyone else here from a Medical Office?

> >

>

Hi Molly

I work in a medical office my name is Jo Ann I also do not receive

Xolair nor does anyone in my family. I do have to agree with you,

about over all the quality of life has improved in all our patients

one way or another.

Jo Ann

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Congrats to your husband.

I am in the Army and depending on where I am stationed is how severe my

asthma is. When I was in south Alabama and south Texas (basic off of a

coast) my asthma isn't to bad. I can manage it with inhalers. But when

I was in Kansas and now Oklahoma it has become more severe. Now I am on

Xolair, a had one shot and I have showed some improvement.

Soldier,

Dineen

>

> Just wanted to introduce myself. :)

>

> My name is Jodi, and it's my husband that is taking the Xolair. He's

> brand new to the shot and has only gotten 2 treatments so far. We've

> been working with Doctors for about 1.5 years and haven't gotten

> anywhere. Can you believe his IGE level was 8255?! I was told that

is

> off the charts. He's in the Marine Corps so it's very important for

> his career that he gets his asthma under control.

>

> Off to read posts. Glad to be a part of this group.

>