RemedySpot.com

RE: Fw: /Hypo dog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you Becky! This really helps me. I was wondering if there were places to send our pup's bloodwork like when we order our own tests for ourselves.

To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups From: bntexas@...Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:17:15 -0600Subject: Fw: /Hypo dog

Hi ,

I can't suggest a Houston vet, ( I'm in Edna, about 90 miles South of Houston) but I can tell you your poor baby is very symptomatic for Hypo/T. I have two dogs that have been on thyroid meds for years. You might find this link helpful....

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/DrDoddsInstructions.htm

Good luck in your search for a co-operative vet.

Blessings,

Becky

I did a search on the board and realized there are more members with hypo pets than I thought. I believe that one of my dogs is hypo and am having trouble convincing the vet to test her.She's almost 4 years old shepherd/terrier mix and is 70lbs. She should be closer to 50... maybe even 45lbs. She's been overweight for 3 years and no matter how much I cut back or change her food or walk her, she doesn't lose a pound. She's developed anxiety and nervousness, she sheds like a maniac and has no hair on her stomach, dry skin, ear infections since she was a puppy, she's had a chronic hotspot that won't heal completely even with antibiotics, and she gets tired very easy.Can anyone in the Houston area with a hypo dog recommend a vet? Sharon, if you're around, which university was it that you suggested I send her bloodwork to?Thanks,Get more done, have more fun, and stay more connected with Windows MobileĀ®. See how.