RemedySpot.com

Went to a new Endo; waste of Time!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know, I know, we don't like endos, but my DO recommended this guy as "the guy".He saw my labs from May and he feels I am Hyper on 3 grains of Armour based on the TSH.being out of range. He also wants me to go on Metformin because my Glucose was barely out of range. I asked him about the Frees and he said that doesn't matter because of my TSH. Arghhhh!! He said he was not sure how he felt about Adrenal fatigue because he could only fine 2 reports on it.One good, one bad. He is not sure about saliva testing, doesn't put much faith into them. He felt my last AM cortisol was good because it was in range. He wants me to go do more tests. The new tests include a ACTH, B-12 and Free T3 and a bunch more stuff.He said he would only consider HC if the ACTH was not in range. He was Hell bent on Metformin. Likes Syncrap, but will prescribe Armour. He really wants to reduce the amount of Armour I am on, he thinks that it is way to much to be taking. What a waste of

time.My labs look like this. GregQuest LabsAM cortisol 13.8 Range 4.0-22.0Glucose 102 Range 65-99TSH 0.01 Range 0.40-4.50 Diagnos Tech labs Saliva Test7:00am 10 Range 13-2411:00am 3 Range 5-104:00pm 2 Range 3-811:00pm 3 Range 1-4

Who was the endo that wasted your time? Sounds like Arem or Petak. What is your diagnosis?

We do not know of very many docs in Texas who will treat adrenal fatigue. Of those who say that they treat adrenal fatigue, most only prescribe supplements. Email me privately for the names of those who treat AF.

>> I know, I know, we don't like endos, but my DO recommended this guy as "the guy".> He saw my labs from May and he feels I am Hyper on 3 grains of Armour based on the TSH.being out of range. He also wants me to go on Metformin because my Glucose was barely out of range. I asked him about the Frees and he said that doesn't matter because of my TSH. Arghhhh!! He said he was not sure how he felt about Adrenal fatigue because he could only fine 2 reports on it.One good, one bad. > He is not sure about saliva testing, doesn't put much faith into them. He felt my last AM cortisol was good because it was in range. He wants me to go do more tests. The new tests include a ACTH, B-12 and Free T3 and a bunch more stuff.> He said he would only consider HC if the ACTH was not in range. He was Hell bent on Metformin. Likes Syncrap, but will prescribe Armour. He really wants to reduce the amount of Armour I am on, he thinks that it is way to much to be taking. What a waste of time.> My labs look like this.> Greg> > Quest Labs> AM cortisol 13.8 Range 4.0-22.0> Glucose 102 Range 65-99> TSH 0.01 Range 0.40-4.50 > > Diagnos Tech labs Saliva Test> 7:00am 10 Range 13-24> 11:00am 3 Range 5-10> 4:00pm 2 Range 3-8> 11:00pm 3 Range 1-4>

Sounds like this doctor is stuck on his patients being " in range " and not how they feel? If he is so worried about your low TSH, does he know that metformin may make your TSH really low? How will he feel about that? I would keep looking for a better doc.

I know, I know, we don't like endos, but my DO recommended this guy as " the guy " .He saw my labs from May and he feels I am Hyper on 3 grains of Armour based on the TSH.being out of range. He also wants me to go on Metformin because my Glucose was barely out of range. I asked him about the Frees and he said that doesn't matter because of my TSH. Arghhhh!! He said he was not sure how he felt about Adrenal fatigue because he could only fine 2 reports on it.One good, one bad.

He is not sure about saliva testing, doesn't put much faith into them. He felt my last AM cortisol was good because it was in range. He wants me to go do more tests. The new tests include a ACTH, B-12 and Free T3 and a bunch more stuff.

He said he would only consider HC if the ACTH was not in range. He was Hell bent on Metformin. Likes Syncrap, but will prescribe Armour. He really wants to reduce the amount of Armour I am on, he thinks that it is way to much to be taking. What a waste of time.

My labs look like this.

GregQuest LabsAM cortisol 13.8 Range 4.0-22.0Glucose 102 Range 65-99TSH 0.01 Range 0.40-4.50 Diagnos Tech labs Saliva Test7:00am 10 Range 13-24

11:00am 3 Range 5-104:00pm 2 Range 3-811:00pm 3 Range 1-4

-- Cauleywww.shaneandlauracauley.blogspot.comHome Cell