RemedySpot.com

RE: Austin - Doctor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the group!

If you are positive for antibodies, you have Hashimotos. It does matter how much or how little antibodies you have. There are even times that you could have Hashimotos and not have any antibodies present at the time of the test. Hashimotos (and hypothyroidism in general) can definitely cause infertility. Also, if you manage to get pregnant, it can cause miscarriages. Can you identify with any other symptoms for hypothyroidism? I noticed the range for TSH on your test results was .5-5, which is an outdated range. The new range is .3-3, and most with Hashimotos feel better when their TSH is supressed to 1 or lower. I would get a copy of your test results and seek a second opinion from a more knowledgable thyroid doctor.

I know there is a selection of doctors in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and Dr. in Lubbock. I personally can't recommend any doctors in the Austin area, but I'm sure there are other members who can.

As always, your mileage may vary, and we're not doctors :)

-

> To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:24:40 +0000> Subject: Austin - Doctor> > Hello members,> > I joined this group yesterday, still reading all posts and there is> tonnes of information! Thanks to all members for posting these messages.> > A brief history about me - I am based in Austin, TX and have been> trying for a baby since last five years. We always were a case of> unexplained infertility but recently a new doctor ordered Thyroid test> and it came back positive for antibodies:> > Here are the results:> > Thyroid Peroxidase AB - 77, range < 35> Thyroglobulin AB - <20, range <40> TSH - 1.44, range .5-5> > My new doctor is of the opinion that it is not too high, and can be> treated with Steroids with an IVF cycle. When I was looking for> information on internet, I found that this is called Hashimoto Thyroid> and can be a reason for infertility. > > Now my question is - does anyone has similar experience? Should I> treat my thyroid first? Also, can someone suggest a thyroid doctor,> who also deals with Infertility, in Austin area? > I would definitely like to get an opinion before proceeding for IVF. > > thanks,> Pooja> > > ------------------------------------> >

I just realized that it should have said "It does not matter how much or how little antibodies you have." Just wanted to correct that.

Also, I forgot to mention Dr. in Lubbock has a waiting list for new thyroid patients.

-

To: texas_thyroid_groups From: ashweekins@...Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:35:05 -0600Subject: RE: Austin - Doctor

Welcome to the group! If you are positive for antibodies, you have Hashimotos. It does matter how much or how little antibodies you have. There are even times that you could have Hashimotos and not have any antibodies present at the time of the test. Hashimotos (and hypothyroidism in general) can definitely cause infertility. Also, if you manage to get pregnant, it can cause miscarriages. Can you identify with any other symptoms for hypothyroidism? I noticed the range for TSH on your test results was .5-5, which is an outdated range. The new range is .3-3, and most with Hashimotos feel better when their TSH is supressed to 1 or lower. I would get a copy of your test results and seek a second opinion from a more knowledgable thyroid doctor. I know there is a selection of doctors in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and Dr. in Lubbock. I personally can't recommend any doctors in the Austin area, but I'm sure there are other members who can. As always, your mileage may vary, and we're not doctors :) - > To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:24:40 +0000> Subject: Austin - Doctor> > Hello members,> > I joined this group yesterday, still reading all posts and there is> tonnes of information! Thanks to all members for posting these messages.> > A brief history about me - I am based in Austin, TX and have been> trying for a baby since last five years. We always were a case of> unexplained infertility but recently a new doctor ordered Thyroid test> and it came back positive for antibodies:> > Here are the results:> > Thyroid Peroxidase AB - 77, range < 35> Thyroglobulin AB - <20, range <40> TSH - 1.44, range .5-5> > My new doctor is of the opinion that it is not too high, and can be> treated with Steroids with an IVF cycle. When I was looking for> information on internet, I found that this is called Hashimoto Thyroid> and can be a reason for infertility. > > Now my question is - does anyone has similar experience? Should I> treat my thyroid first? Also, can someone suggest a thyroid doctor,> who also deals with Infertility, in Austin area? > I would definitely like to get an opinion before proceeding for IVF. > > thanks,> Pooja> > > ------------------------------------> >

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do want to get a second opinion. I have a question:

When you say doctors in Dallas / Fortworth area - does it also include

Dr. DeVries. I looked up his name on about.com site, where

somebody has recommended him for fertility issues and Thyroid. Also,

please suggest other names as well, related to infertility and hashimotos.

I can definitely travel to solve this problem.

much thanks,

Pooja

>

>

> Welcome to the group!

>

> If you are positive for antibodies, you have Hashimotos. It does

matter how much or how little antibodies you have. There are even

times that you could have Hashimotos and not have any antibodies

present at the time of the test. Hashimotos (and hypothyroidism in

general) can definitely cause infertility. Also, if you manage to get

pregnant, it can cause miscarriages. Can you identify with any other

symptoms for hypothyroidism? I noticed the range for TSH on your test

results was .5-5, which is an outdated range. The new range is .3-3,

and most with Hashimotos feel better when their TSH is supressed to 1

or lower. I would get a copy of your test results and seek a second

opinion from a more knowledgable thyroid doctor.

>

> I know there is a selection of doctors in the Dallas/Fort Worth

area, and Dr. in Lubbock. I personally can't recommend any

doctors in the Austin area, but I'm sure there are other members who

can.

>

> As always, your mileage may vary, and we're not doctors :)

>

> -

>

>

http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_12200\

>

Dr. DeVries will absolutely not prescribe Armour. We know folks who only got pregnant when they went on Armour.

In Austin, there is Dr. Manzanero. I would try him first. In Houston, Pucillo and maybe Dina White.

> >> > > > Welcome to the group! > > > > If you are positive for antibodies, you have Hashimotos. It does> matter how much or how little antibodies you have. There are even> times that you could have Hashimotos and not have any antibodies> present at the time of the test. Hashimotos (and hypothyroidism in> general) can definitely cause infertility. Also, if you manage to get> pregnant, it can cause miscarriages. Can you identify with any other> symptoms for hypothyroidism? I noticed the range for TSH on your test> results was .5-5, which is an outdated range. The new range is .3-3,> and most with Hashimotos feel better when their TSH is supressed to 1> or lower. I would get a copy of your test results and seek a second> opinion from a more knowledgable thyroid doctor. > > > > I know there is a selection of doctors in the Dallas/Fort Worth> area, and Dr. in Lubbock. I personally can't recommend any> doctors in the Austin area, but I'm sure there are other members who> can. > > > > As always, your mileage may vary, and we're not doctors :)> > > > -> > > >> http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008> >>