RemedySpot.com

Re retro Medicare medical payments for MARY's son-in-law , lawyer, grace to forgive,etc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did you know that Social Security Disability payments AND medical coverage, when finally awarded, go back to the date of application or date first elgible after the waiting period for SSI disability income and nearly back to that date for Medicare medical insurance coverage? It took me 3 years to wade through the system while paying out of pocket for necessary medical care. When I finally received the "award letter" (awarding me my paid for benifits) it told me that I could submit all medical bills back to about 5 months after I was off work because of the illness/disability. Gosh, if I had known that I would have definately availed myself of Medicare approved treatments during that time because I knew that eventually Soc Sec would have to bow to the truth of the matter, which they finally did - Praise the Lord !

Re getting a lawyer to help - I had to go that route and she was somewhat helpful in that the judge knows these lawyers will not accept cases that do not qualify for benefits because they do not get paid for anything if you do not get the SSI awarded. The government sets the lawyers fee limit and they seem to take whatever comes their way as far as cases go----ie I'm not aware of any specializations within that sector although some lawyers may have more expertise in some areas. The bottom line is that there IS proof presented to support the determination of disability by SSI standards and that the documentation is clear, multi physician oriented and "says what they want to hear" which is where the lawyer comes in (well sort of). I truly feel it was a lot more the hand of God than the hand of the lawyer that got my "Fully Favorable Decision". I do know that Soc Sec has since been directed and mandated to handle cases

faster. I pray that t's will be one will be better addressed and expidited.

Re the privacy act. I have gotten around it somewhat as an advocate for a friend by saying up front I want no informatin from them, that I am going to speak truth that can be verified by the patient at the appropriate time and just want them to listen and hear it. Sometimes they say "Why" and I say because I do not know where to give this information and I have their ear so would they please give me a moment. I have been very pleasantly surprised at the turn of several of this type of "informational" conversations. Apparently they can listen to specifics and then answer in general without naming the person you have spoken of. Hey, it works for me so maybe could work for you too.

We are here listening to you and then praying and pleading your son-in-law's case in the heavenly realm.

Because you have already declared you want the bitterness to leave which would include the judgment and anger over all the mistreatment and delays, you have made the first step in forgiving as our Father teaches us to do. Forgiveness is a choice, not an emotion. Sometimes there is grace to have our emotin immediately line up with our choice to forgive but often it is a process that takes repeated choice to forgive. I have had to forgive my ex-husband many many times and finally my emotions are lining up on a regular basis with my choice. I pray for that alignment with the truth and your choice to forgive to come quickly for you and your family so you will have physical and emotional energy to spend in encouraging and each other in the coming days. I pray you will choose to also forgive yourself in this process as you have reacted with very normal human emotions during an extremely stressful time of

perceived helplessness. I prayerfully join you in blessing your "enemies". May you have the courage and determination to properly address the issues of mistreatment and verbal abuse that has endured. Your sharing and allowing us to know and pray for you and and your daughter and all the family is reaching out to involve many who truly do care. Thank you and please keep us posted.

Oh yes, I have been through the "3 times" thing with a loved one, with SS before. The lawyer, 20 yrs ago, charged 5000 for this, but did get him approved after the 3rd time. No telling what they cost now. It did go retroactive to the first filing then. This new thing with the "fast track", went into effect back in the spring of this yr. It is supposed to be a matter of days for approval, literally, with this new program, but, as usual, that's not the case. 's case is a hands-down thing, with all the proof necessary, but, as usual, they lie. I won't pray for the enemy to be blessed at all, but that they will have a change of heart in this matter (and, for that matter, for anyone else who is in the same position, who crosses their paths). I will pray for them to be blessed when they've "gotten right". Thanks so much for your prayers and input a. (((Hugs)))

Re retro Medicare medical payments for MARY's son-in-law , lawyer, grace to forgive,etc

Did you know that Social Security Disability payments AND medical coverage, when finally awarded, go back to the date of application or date first elgible after the waiting period for SSI disability income and nearly back to that date for Medicare medical insurance coverage? It took me 3 years to wade through the system while paying out of pocket for necessary medical care. When I finally received the "award letter" (awarding me my paid for benifits) it told me that I could submit all medical bills back to about 5 months after I was off work because of the illness/disability. Gosh, if I had known that I would have definately availed myself of Medicare approved treatments during that time because I knew that eventually Soc Sec would have to bow to the truth of the matter, which they finally did - Praise the Lord !

Re getting a lawyer to help - I had to go that route and she was somewhat helpful in that the judge knows these lawyers will not accept cases that do not qualify for benefits because they do not get paid for anything if you do not get the SSI awarded. The government sets the lawyers fee limit and they seem to take whatever comes their way as far as cases go----ie I'm not aware of any specializations within that sector although some lawyers may have more expertise in some areas. The bottom line is that there IS proof presented to support the determination of disability by SSI standards and that the documentation is clear, multi physician oriented and "says what they want to hear" which is where the lawyer comes in (well sort of). I truly feel it was a lot more the hand of God than the hand of the lawyer that got my "Fully Favorable Decision". I do know that Soc Sec has since been directed and mandated to handle cases faster. I pray that t's will be one will be better addressed and expidited.

Re the privacy act. I have gotten around it somewhat as an advocate for a friend by saying up front I want no informatin from them, that I am going to speak truth that can be verified by the patient at the appropriate time and just want them to listen and hear it. Sometimes they say "Why" and I say because I do not know where to give this information and I have their ear so would they please give me a moment. I have been very pleasantly surprised at the turn of several of this type of "informational" conversations. Apparently they can listen to specifics and then answer in general without naming the person you have spoken of. Hey, it works for me so maybe could work for you too.

We are here listening to you and then praying and pleading your son-in-law's case in the heavenly realm.

Because you have already declared you want the bitterness to leave which would include the judgment and anger over all the mistreatment and delays, you have made the first step in forgiving as our Father teaches us to do. Forgiveness is a choice, not an emotion. Sometimes there is grace to have our emotin immediately line up with our choice to forgive but often it is a process that takes repeated choice to forgive. I have had to forgive my ex-husband many many times and finally my emotions are lining up on a regular basis with my choice. I pray for that alignment with the truth and your choice to forgive to come quickly for you and your family so you will have physical and emotional energy to spend in encouraging and each other in the coming days. I pray you will choose to also forgive yourself in this process as you have reacted with very normal human emotions during an extremely stressful time of perceived helplessness. I prayerfully join you in blessing your "enemies". May you have the courage and determination to properly address the issues of mistreatment and verbal abuse that has endured. Your sharing and allowing us to know and pray for you and and your daughter and all the family is reaching out to involve many who truly do care. Thank you and please keep us posted.

The trouble is that SS gets doctors to look at the proof you have and,

without seeing the patient at all, make a recommendation as to the

patient's fitness for work. Usually, once you get in front of the

Administrative Law judge and show that those doctors never saw your

patient, the decision is changed.

Prayers continue...

Marti

> Oh yes, I have been through the " 3 times " thing with a loved one, with

> SS before.  The lawyer, 20 yrs ago, charged 5000 for this, but did get

> him approved after the 3rd time.  No telling what they cost now.  It

> did go retroactive to the first filing then.  This new thing with the

> " fast track " , went into effect back in the spring of this yr.  It is

> supposed to be a matter of days for approval, literally, with this new

> program, but, as usual, that's not the case.  's case is a

> hands-down thing, with all the proof necessary, but, as usual, they

> lie.  I won't pray for the enemy to be blessed at all, but that they

> will have a change of heart in this matter (and, for that matter, for

> anyone else who is in the same position, who crosses their paths).  I

> will pray for them to be blessed when they've " gotten right " .  Thanks

> so much for your prayers and input a.  (((Hugs)))

>  

>