RemedySpot.com

Re: Intro and Dr suggestion?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

One of our members sees endo Verdonk in Temple, I think, for her thyroid cancer follow-up, but we do not know how he would be for a hashi/hypo patient. Typically, endos are not the best docs for hypothyroid folks.

You could try looking through your provider directory and cross-reference with the Armour Docfinder on the Armour thyroid site. Even if you do not need Armour, the docs who prescribe it may be more likely to think outside of the box.

http://www.armourthyroid.com/con_phLocator.aspx

>> Hi all,I've been lurking a while on this site but I finally have a question.> My GP has been handling my thyroid condition since i was diagnosed about 2> years ago. I haven't been appalled by his treatment but I haven't been> thrilled with him as a overall doctor either. I have looked through the> data base to try to find another doctor who would be more knowledgeable,> however I have & White insurance and didn't see anyone in there who I> could track to a & White clinic. Does any one have any> recommendations for a Doc (endo, gp, internist, anything) that accepts the> & White Insurance? I am in College Station but will travel if> necessary to get proper treatment.> > Thanks> C.>

If you would like to post your labs together with the reference ranges and the exact name of each test, we may be able to comment.

Did you take your Armour before the blood draw? If so, how long before? Both T3 and T4 tend to spike between two and five hours after dosing.

> > >> > > Hi all,I've been lurking a while on this site but I finally have a> > question.> > > My GP has been handling my thyroid condition since i was diagnosed about> > 2> > > years ago. I haven't been appalled by his treatment but I haven't been> > > thrilled with him as a overall doctor either. I have looked through the> > > data base to try to find another doctor who would be more knowledgeable,> > > however I have & White insurance and didn't see anyone in there who> > I> > > could track to a & White clinic. Does any one have any> > > recommendations for a Doc (endo, gp, internist, anything) that accepts> > the> > > & White Insurance? I am in College Station but will travel if> > > necessary to get proper treatment.> > >> > > Thanks> > > C.> > >> > > >>

I see an ENT in , Dr. Nolan Shipman (www.shipmanent.com); however,

I have no idea if he accepts your insurance. He is at 3201 University

Drive East, . He does prescribe Armour if you want it,

and recommends reading books by Dr. Broda , as well as others.

He has been thorough with all testing (and does run the Free's). I am

happy with him so far. Hope this helps.

Barbara

Does any one have any

> recommendations for a Doc (endo, gp, internist, anything) that

accepts the

> & White Insurance? I am in College Station but will travel if

> necessary to get proper treatment.

>