RemedySpot.com

Thich Nhat Hanh

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thich Nhat Hanh

1) The more compassionate you are, the more generous you can be. The more generous you are, the more loving-friendliness you cultivate to help the world. - Thich Nhat Hanh

2) Once we have the condition of peace and joy in us, we can afford to be in any situation. Even in the situation of hell, We will be able to contribute our peace and serenity. The most important thing is for each of us to have some freedom in our heart, some stability in our heart, some peace in our heart. Only then will we be able to relieve the suffering around us. Thich Nhat Hanh

3) Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion. Thich Nhat Hanh

4) Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life. Thich Nhat Hanh

5) "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your JOY." - Thich Nhat Hanh

6) If love is in our hearts, every thought, word, and deed can bring about a miracle. Because understanding is the very foundation of love, words and actions that emerge from our love are always helpful. - Thich Nhat Hanh

7) I have arrived. I am home. In the here, in the now. I am solid. I am free. In the ultimate I dwell. Thich Nhat Hanh

8) When we say, "I take refuge in the Buddha," we should also understand that "The Buddha takes refuge in me," because without the second part the first part is not complete. The Buddha needs us for awakening, understanding, and love to be real things and not just concepts. They must be real things that have real effects on life. Whenever I say, "I take refuge in the Buddha," I hear "the Buddha takes refuge in me." - Thich Nhat Hanh, "Being Peace"

9) Interrelationship You are me, and I am you. Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"? You cultivate the flower in yourself, so that I will be beautiful. I transform the garbage in myself, so that you will not have to suffer. I support you; you support me. I am in this world to offer you peace; you are in this world to bring me joy.

10) 1989. Written during a retreat for psychotherapists held in Colorado in response to Fritz Perls' statement, "You are you, and I am me, and if by chance we meet, that's wonderful. If not, it couldn't be helped." - Thich Nhat Hanh

11) A human being is like a television set with millions of channels. If we turn Buddha on, we are Buddha. If we turn sorrow on, we are sorrow. If we turn a smile on, we really are the smile. We cannot let just one channel dominate us. We have the seed of everything in us, and we have to seize the situation in our hand, to recover our own sovereignty. - Thich Nhat Hanh

This email was cleaned by Gaia Tidy Mail, available for free from http://www.printcharger.com