RemedySpot.com

Hospital Birthing and Delivery Plan form

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Re Texas Immunization/ in hospital requirements and how to circumvent same.

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/texas.htm

Looks like a printable form to me. I was a newborn nursery nurse for 15 years and we had maybe one or two moms a year that would make all these requests. The ones that got their wishes totally fulfilled were those insisting that the father or a grandparent(read that grandmother with like beliefs is the best advocate) be present with the newborn AT ALL TIMES. This meant at any time the infant was not in the mother's arms. Folks, I;ll tell you this is the ONLY way to keep "routine" interventions from being "automatically" performed "according to hospital policy". This would also be a way to put in writing that you do or do not want commercial formula given your infant and if so, what kind or "Mother is nursing only and wants nothing offered by bottle." If you choose that one, be prepared to nurse about every 1 to 2 hours until your milk comes in. That is another whole area with a lot of helpful hints available

to the first time mom.

Above all, remember that parenting is a joy, a lot of fun, explodes with love (after the shock wears off a little) and is a continuing miracle. Oh did I add the exhaustion thing? But Oh so very worth it all. Just keep remembering.."If they could do it, I can do it" whenever anything new comes up.....and "This infant does not know if I know what I'm doing, only if I care and will try to figure out what that cry means."

My suggestion would be to be vocal AND put it in writiing and have several copies available for various persons or departments at the hospital..... even if only a hand written or typed "Birthing Plan" but DO it and be firm as this is your child, your responsibility and YOUR choices should most definately prevail - even over the pediatrician's unless it is an immediate life or death situation. If the hospital pedi does not agree with you, stand your ground and find another one after you go home. No biggie.

And the world will resound with the joyful cry "I am here".

Prayers and blessings, a