RemedySpot.com

Re: Night terrors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

JeannieI can respond to this in several ways.C-section if elective, can leave the child with an imprint of not being able to make decisions as he/she grows, because someone else has made decision about this birthNot uncommonly if it is elective rather than a medical necessity, the woman has rejected part of her femininity.But to find out and heal this, you need to find out more specifics than have been revealed:Why did she schedule the C-section?Was she happy to be pregnant?Anything go on during pregnancy involving fear (nightmares in child)?Find out more of what mother was carrying even unconsciously or subconsciously. that is the keyThe time of conception to 10 months old is keyAt how old did nightmares start, by the way?What happened since birth? Did family move? lose a job?  a death in family? I would also look systemically and find out what has happened in other births in the last two generations on both sides.was there a child lost in family tree in the first year?Homeopathically, the big nightmare remedies in children are Calcarea carb and Carcinocin, and then phosphorus and pulsatillaLook at the pictures of these, and use a 200 c or higherToxically, mercury toxicity can lead to this sometimes. Did mom have dental work? Was she sick during pregnancy with anything?The key is in the details of the story, especially in the family story and in the feelings and events of pregnancyThe child is unconsciously entangled with someone else's trauma behind him in the family.I would be happy to discuss further if you want Zieve, M.D.Hi folks-I have a 10.5 month old male who is waking up at 11pm with night terrors. He was a scheduled C-section, breastfed for 6 weeks and, aside from probiotics, he has been raised in a very standard American fashion this far. Mom is a stay at home mom, and as far as I know relations around the house are happy and healthy. He has been vaccinated but according to an alternative schedule with MMR divided out due to concerns of autism from family history on paternal side. On maternal side, there is an uncle who had night terrors as a teenager. Family is good about routine and appropriate naps, darkness, etc. I am trying to understand this from the perspective of the astral body not re-entering the body in the way it should, along with other traumas or unresolved energies he has brought with him into this life. Or perhaps the scheduled C-section could bring about this pattern? I think a flower essence will be essential, but I am spinning around a number of other ideas re: places to start. I would love to hear what thoughts you all have to offer~Thank you!,JeannieJeannie Achuff, NDBloom Natural HealthcarePortland, ORdr.jeannieachuffgmail

As you are gaining a deeper insight into the issue (which was so well considered by Dr. Zieve) I'd massage castor oil into his kidneys/adrenals before bed, and have him use (several times during the day and before bed) Rescue Remedy (for shock to system), Rock Rose for terror, and Star of Bethlehem for Emotional Trauma (Bach) just to de-stress his little system while choosing his appropriate remedy., San Ramon, CA Hi folks-I have a 10.5 month old male who is waking up at 11pm with night terrors. He was a scheduled C-section, breastfed for 6 weeks and, aside from probiotics, he has been raised in a very standard American fashion this far. Mom is a stay at home mom, and as far as I know relations around the house are happy and healthy. He has been vaccinated but according to an alternative schedule with MMR divided out due to concerns of autism from family history on paternal side. On maternal side, there is an uncle who had night terrors as a teenager. Family is good about routine and appropriate naps, darkness, etc. I am trying to understand this from the perspective of the astral body not re-entering the body in the way it should, along with other traumas or unresolved energies he has brought with him into this life. Or perhaps the scheduled C-section could bring about this pattern? I think a flower essence will be essential, but I am spinning around a number of other ideas re: places to start. I would love to hear what thoughts you all have to offer~Thank you!,JeannieJeannie Achuff, NDBloom Natural HealthcarePortland, ORdr.jeannieachuffgmail

LeniCould you share more on the use of castor oil in this way and others emotionally?Is this Cayce's work?I have only used it as castor oil packs on different parts of body.thanks ZieveAs you are gaining a deeper insight into the issue (which was so well considered by Dr. Zieve) I'd massage castor oil into his kidneys/adrenals before bed, and have him use (several times during the day and before bed) Rescue Remedy (for shock to system), Rock Rose for terror, and Star of Bethlehem for Emotional Trauma (Bach) just to de-stress his little system while choosing his appropriate remedy., San Ramon, CA Hi folks-I have a 10.5 month old male who is waking up at 11pm with night terrors. He was a scheduled C-section, breastfed for 6 weeks and, aside from probiotics, he has been raised in a very standard American fashion this far. Mom is a stay at home mom, and as far as I know relations around the house are happy and healthy. He has been vaccinated but according to an alternative schedule with MMR divided out due to concerns of autism from family history on paternal side. On maternal side, there is an uncle who had night terrors as a teenager. Family is good about routine and appropriate naps, darkness, etc. I am trying to understand this from the perspective of the astral body not re-entering the body in the way it should, along with other traumas or unresolved energies he has brought with him into this life. Or perhaps the scheduled C-section could bring about this pattern? I think a flower essence will be essential, but I am spinning around a number of other ideas re: places to start. I would love to hear what thoughts you all have to offer~Thank you!,JeannieJeannie Achuff, NDBloom Natural HealthcarePortland, ORdr.jeannieachuffgmail

Great Suggestions! I will do more digging and see what else there is to learn. I will let you know what happens.Thanks again,JeannieJeannie Achuff, ND

Bloom Natural Healthcare

Portland, OR

dr.jeannieachuff@...

Hi and Group,My rationale for massaging castor oil into kidneys and adrenals is a combination of principles.   It is based on elementary principles I use and understand from different traditions, and the principles do seem to be evident in my client's progress.From a Chinese Medicine perspective they say that the "kidneys" are the "seat of fear (when weak)" (as is the liver seat of anger).  When I have seen children or adults being fearful (in this case terror), I want to nourish the kidneys.  Sitting atop are the adrenals and often when people are easily startled they have adrenal depletion. In ayurvedic tradition, when a person can't sleep (particularly if there is a vata imbalance - dry, windy, "ungrounded") you massage sesame oil into the palms of hands, soles of feet, and into their belly.  Since castor oil has so many healing properties I have people do this with castor oil instead of sesame.   I have found myself, if I wake at night and can't sleep, if I massage castor oil into my belly, there is an energetic shift - feels like a "holding" and I fall to sleep very rapidly - its just the getting up to do it that takes time.   (I met a chemist once who explained to me that the reason castor oil is so "special" is that it has lots of "OH endings" - i think hydroxyl groups, that make it very eager to interact, join, move with other substances. )I'd also look at the time the child is rising and seeing that Triple Warmer time is meeting gall bladder I'd be looking for endocrine issue and at this early stage the only issue could be adrenal, I'd think.  So, I think of the castor oil as being nutritive, cleansing,  and also conveys a feeling of "holding, or grounding".    I have seen this type of care resolve nightmares (not terrors) in a little girl in less than a week.  Thought it couldn't hurt to try until  Jeannie (original writer of this thread) determines remedy.  Unda 1 and 2 might just harmonize kidney and liver energy and in proximity adrenal, too.Kind of simple, but resonates for me.  Thanks for asking, LeniCould you share more on the use of castor oil in this way and others emotionally?Is this Cayce's work?I have only used it as castor oil packs on different parts of body.thanks ZieveAs you are gaining a deeper insight into the issue (which was so well considered by Dr. Zieve) I'd massage castor oil into his kidneys/adrenals before bed, and have him use (several times during the day and before bed) Rescue Remedy (for shock to system), Rock Rose for terror, and Star of Bethlehem for Emotional Trauma (Bach) just to de-stress his little system while choosing his appropriate remedy., San Ramon, CA Hi folks-I have a 10.5 month old male who is waking up at 11pm with night terrors. He was a scheduled C-section, breastfed for 6 weeks and, aside from probiotics, he has been raised in a very standard American fashion this far. Mom is a stay at home mom, and as far as I know relations around the house are happy and healthy. He has been vaccinated but according to an alternative schedule with MMR divided out due to concerns of autism from family history on paternal side. On maternal side, there is an uncle who had night terrors as a teenager. Family is good about routine and appropriate naps, darkness, etc. I am trying to understand this from the perspective of the astral body not re-entering the body in the way it should, along with other traumas or unresolved energies he has brought with him into this life. Or perhaps the scheduled C-section could bring about this pattern? I think a flower essence will be essential, but I am spinning around a number of other ideas re: places to start. I would love to hear what thoughts you all have to offer~Thank you!,JeannieJeannie Achuff, NDBloom Natural HealthcarePortland, ORdr.jeannieachuffgmail