RemedySpot.com

This Photographer Is Amazing!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you ~Nita aka ~eerieRandomlight The

following photographs were taken by photographer Hans van de Vorst at

the Grand Canyon. The descriptions are his own. The identity of the

photographer in the photos is unknown. I was simply stunned seeing this guy standing on this solitary rock in the Grand Canyon. The canyon's depth is 900 meters

here. The rock on the right is next to the canyon and safe. Watching

this guy in his thong sandals, with a camera and a tripod, I asked

myself three questions: 1. How did he climb that rock? 2. Why not take that sunset picture on the rock to the right, which is perfectly safe? 3. How will he get back? This is the point of no return.

After the sun set behind the canyon's horizon he packed his things and

prepared himself for the jump. This took about 2 minutes. At that point

he had the full attention of the crowd. Holding his gear in his left

hand, he jumped, still wearing his his thong sandals... Remember, the

canyon's depth is 900 meters here. Now you can see

that the adjacent rock is higher so he tried to land lower, where it is

quite steep, and tried to use his one hand to grab the rock.

We've come to the end of this little story. Look carefully at the

photographer. He has a camera, a tripod and also a plastic bag, all on

his shoulder or in his left hand. Only his right hand is available to

grab the rock and the weight of his stuff is a problem. He lands low on

his flip flops, both his right hand and right foot slip away... At that

moment I take this shot. He pushes his body against the rock. He waits

for a few seconds, throws his stuff on the rock, climbs and walks away.

Hello dear friend and thank you for all the wonderful posts i have been enjoying... i have yet to join 'actively' but the "night is still young!" I thought i would email you the continuation to the story of the photographer at the Grand Canyon... please scroll to the bottom of the page where the ledge (albeit still dangerous) is displayed: http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/canyonleap.asp May God continue to hold you in the loving palm of her hand, Love Love, Sheyla myspace.com/starboundkarmarqu69 <karmarqu69@...> wrote: Thank you~Nita aka ~eerieRandomlightThe following photographs were taken by photographer Hans van de Vorst at the Grand Canyon. The descriptions are his own. The identity of the

photographer in the photos is unknown. I was simply stunned seeing this guy standing on this solitary rock in the Grand Canyon. The canyon's depth is 900 meters here. The rock on the right is next to the canyon and safe. Watching this guy in his thong sandals, with a camera and a tripod, I asked myself three questions:1. How did he climb that rock?2. Why not take that sunset picture on the rock to the right, which is perfectly safe?3. How will he get back? This is the point of no return. After the sun set behind the canyon's horizon he packed his things and prepared himself for the jump. This took about 2 minutes. At that point he had the full attention of the crowd. Holding his gear in his left hand, he jumped, still wearing his his thong sandals... Remember, the canyon's depth is 900 meters here. Now you can see that the adjacent rock is higher so he tried to land lower, where it is quite steep, and tried to use his one hand to grab the rock. We've come to the end of this little story. Look carefully at the photographer. He has a camera, a tripod and also a plastic bag, all on his shoulder or in his left hand. Only his right hand is available to grab the rock and the weight of his stuff is a problem. He lands low on his flip flops, both his right hand and right foot slip away... At that moment I take this shot. He pushes his body against the rock. He waits for a few seconds, throws his stuff on the rock, climbs and walks away.

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.