RemedySpot.com

What Makes Life Worth Living? YOU!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If I asked you to tell me what makes life worth living - in a single word - what would your answer be? During

a break at one of my presentations recently, we were having a conversation about what makes life worth living. The more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that what makes life worth living can be summed up in a single word. That word is - "You!" Here

is what I mean. Harry Emerson Fosdick wrote about a summer day during his childhood when his mother sent him out to pick a quart of raspberries. "I dragged my feet in rebellion," he said, "and the can was

filling very slowly. Then a new idea came to me. Wouldn't it be fun to

pick two quarts of raspberries and surprise her!" "I had

such an interesting time picking those two quarts, to the utter amazement of the household, and they never forgot it. But, I have often forgotten the philosophy of it. We can change any situation by changing

our attitude toward it. Nobody ever finds life worth living. One always has to make it worth living." Each day, we are faced with situations that we didn't plan for, or plan on, but still need to succeed at. How are we going to face them: with a positive, can-do attitude, or are we going to drag our feet and give in to adversity? We do have choices, and the effects of those choices reverberate through our lives, our families, our co-workers, and to some

extent, our communities. The kind of life you have is a choice you make, every single day. The success you have in your work is

a choice you make every day. Change is a constant in life. How do you deal with change, either face forward and keeping your eye on your goals or getting caught up in the negative and turning away? Which makes more sense? And what is your choice going to be? Lou Tice The Pacific Institute www.thepacificinstitute.com