RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Lets Change Women's Healthcare Policies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I'm not sure how well this will show up, but I thought this would be very much of interest to this group, since most of us are women. I'm putting this on my calendar and will provide the group a brief follow-up. If it doesn't display well, I'll just cut the text and repost.

Also, I'm wondering if this sort of forum that she mentions shouldn't be something our group organizes as well. I'll read the guidelines and see if we must have a medical professional there. If so, maybe we can bribe Dr. R to come to Dallas or I'll ask Dr. Horsley.

Happy Christmas Eve to all!

B.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 7:35 PMSubject: Lets Change Women's Healthcare PoliciesTo: mary.h.barnes@...

Health Care Community Discussions

URGENT

The Presidential Transition Health Policy team is encouraging Americans to host and attend Health Care Community Discussions around the country. Health care reform is a top priority for the new administration and they are using these forums to gather input from the American people on how to design a system that provides quality, affordable health care for all.

In support of this effort, I am hosting a discussion on Women's Health Care in the large conference room at my office on Sunday, January 4th from 3:00-5:00PM.

The goals of the meeting are to develop a group submission to the Transition Team and to identify poignant stories that emphasize the failure of the current system, as well as the effectiveness of new approaches to health care. Click here for the Health Care Community Discussion Participant Guide.

The topics we would like to discuss include:

creating wellness vs. treating disease; the relationship between environmental toxicity and hormonal health; the impact of the quality of our food supply (hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, genetically modified and over-processed food, etc.) on health; the use of bioidentical hormones and alternative therapies; functional medicine as a new paradigm for the delivery of affordable, accessible quality healthcare; and, countering the role of corporate interests that dictate health care policies based on profits vs. health.

This is a unique opportunity to share our frustrations, concerns, ideas and innovations with the people who can change these policies - and they really are listening! One of my colleagues at the Institute of Functional Medicine, Dr. Mark Hyman (known for his books, Ultra Wellness and Ultra-Metabolism), was recently invited to Washington to discuss these issues with Senators Clinton and Harkin who chair the Senate Working Group for Health Care Reform, and he will be testifying before the Senate on these issues in the next session. This forum is open to everyone, not just my patients. Please share this invitation with your spouses, partners, friends, colleagues and other health care professionals who have concerns and/or stories to share. If you can join us, please RSVP by calling the office () so that we may prepare accordingly. It is exciting to think that working together we can be at the tipping point for fundamental change in health care!

Dr. Margaret

Quick Links

Change.gov

Christensen Center

Forward email

This email was sent to mary.h.barnes@... by drmargaret@....

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

Christensen Center for Whole Life Health | 9601 White Rock Trail | Suite 219 | Dallas | TX | 75238