RemedySpot.com

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Congradulations Yellow on your new job!

Kay, I take vitamin C but am scared of it as I get kidney stones and so have cut down to only what's in my one a day vitiman pills. Its only 60mg.

I take cod liver 1,250 IU along with a tbsp of flax seed oil every day as I got onto that with my cea support group. The Derm on that line goes into the needed vitamins one needs to keep that in control. I've read lately that Omega3 is very good for arthritis as well.

Today I'm house bound and won't be able to go to visit my lady with MS that is housebound as well. We make a good pair.There's always something wrong with one of us. Today its raining and that is a no no for me ole body.

I do visit elderly shut-ins when I can manage. Otherwise we just phone and talk for our hour or so.

All the things you are off I am now getting slowly off. It seems close to the same as with cea and what we start to filter out with the flour, milk, yougart sugar...bla bla all my favorite foods! Bananas!

Thanks a lot and I hope to learn something every day from you. I am in no way as bad as some I've read, but will be looking into what I've got from doc this week.

Wally

Wally,

I am backing off some vitamin C after reading about problems. I got some flaxseed oil and keep forgetting to take it with my omega 3.

Kay

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:35 AM

Subject: Re: Hello

Congradulations Yellow on your new job!

Kay, I take vitamin C but am scared of it as I get kidney stones and so have cut down to only what's in my one a day vitiman pills. Its only 60mg.

I take cod liver 1,250 IU along with a tbsp of flax seed oil every day as I got onto that with my cea support group. The Derm on that line goes into the needed vitamins one needs to keep that in control. I've read lately that Omega3 is very good for arthritis as well.

Today I'm house bound and won't be able to go to visit my lady with MS that is housebound as well. We make a good pair.There's always something wrong with one of us. Today its raining and that is a no no for me ole body.

I do visit elderly shut-ins when I can manage. Otherwise we just phone and talk for our hour or so.

All the things you are off I am now getting slowly off. It seems close to the same as with cea and what we start to filter out with the flour, milk, yougart sugar...bla bla all my favorite foods! Bananas!

Thanks a lot and I hope to learn something every day from you. I am in no way as bad as some I've read, but will be looking into what I've got from doc this week.

Wally

• 6 months later...
Guest guest

Whine all you want to here and you can also listen to a lot of us whine. Welcome to the board and I'm sorry you have reason to be here. It doesn't sound like you are getting very aggressive treatment. If you are not seeing a rheumatologist, you should be. If you are seeing a rheumatologist, you should ask for and get more aggressive treatment or else seek a second opinion.

The medicines for RA are indeed scary because they CAN have bad side effects. However, untreated RA PROBABLY WILL lead to permanent joint damage. Most of the side effects of medicines, if they happen, are reversed when the medicine is stopped. Joint damage can sometimes be helped by joint replacement but it cannot be helped by medicines. Most people choose the POSSIBLE side effects of medicines over the PROBABLE effects of untreated RA but the choice is yours. God bless.

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 7:11 PM

Subject: Hello

Hi everyone,I am on the new side of RA. I was diagnosed in Nov of 2004. I was laid off from my job of 21 years in Dec, and it seems like since then, I have gotten worse in the pain department. I've now developed "trigger finger" which I've had before in my right hand, now in my left..... I was put on Mobic but didn't see any relief using it, and the side affects I read about were BAD. Just tired of hurting all the time. Some days I feel like I'm 100 years old. This has not only affected my hands but my feet too. Ok.........I'm whining and I shouldn't...Not a good way to say I'm glad to be part of the group. :-)

Guest guest

We all understand Katsha.

You can get cortisone shots for the trigger fingers.

The shots hurt like bloody hell but they do help.

The ones I had lasted for about 6 months each time.

Hugs, Jacy

~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

jacymail@...IM: jacygal - ICQ: 96949087www.geocities.com/mtn_rose

Want a signature like this?

----- Original Message ----- From: Katsha

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 20:11

Hi everyone,I am on the new side of RA. I was diagnosed in Nov of 2004. I was laid off from my job of 21 years in Dec, and it seems like since then, I have gotten worse in the pain department. I've now developed "trigger finger" which I've had before in my right hand, now in my left..... I was put on Mobic but didn't see any relief using it, and the side affects I read about were BAD. Just tired of hurting all the time. Some days I feel like I'm 100 years old. This has not only affected my hands but my feet too. Ok.........I'm whining and I shouldn't...Not a good way to say I'm glad to be part of the group. :-)

Guest guest

Hi Jacy,

I've had these shots in 2 fingers on my right hand. And yep, you're right, those

things hurt! But once they are done within a short time the finger does feel

better. I just got discouraged the other day when it started in my other hand.

Oh well....gotta live with it, and not let it get me down.

This is a great group, I've learned alot already, and it sure is nice to have

someone to share these things with. Hubby doesn't really understand, I don't

think.

--- " Jacy " <jacymail@...> wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:39:04 -0700

<Rheumatoid Arthritis >

Hugs, Jacy ~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the

most.

jacymail@...

IM: jacygal - ICQ: 96949087

www.geocities.com/mtn_rose

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 20:11

Hi everyone,

I am on the new side of RA. I was diagnosed in Nov of 2004. I

was

laid off from my job of 21 years in Dec, and it seems like

since

then, I have gotten worse in the pain department. I've now

developed " trigger finger " which I've had before in my right

hand,

now in my left..... I was put on Mobic but didn't see any

relief

using it, and the side affects I read about were BAD. Just

tired of

hurting all the time. Some days I feel like I'm 100 years old.

This

has not only affected my hands but my feet too. Ok.........I'm

whining and I shouldn't...Not a good way to say I'm glad to be

part

of the group. :-)

Guest guest

Mine bounces from hand to hand, finger to finger. After two hand sugeries I still get flare ups in the fingers and it is discouraging. Last shot I had in the finger the RA doctor sprayed the finger to numb it. Never had that done before, but I barely felt the injection that way. Don't know if you had yours numbed or not...but if you didn't, maybe your doctor can numb it for you next time. The previous shots have lasted me years. I'm a big baby and it didn't hurt this last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Maggiehttp://www.4HockeyFans.comhttp://www.4FloridaHockey.comMSN: Maggies1429AOL: Maggies85-----Original Message-----From: katshapug@... [mailto:katshapug@...]Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:36 PMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Re: HelloHi Jacy,I've had these shots in 2 fingers on my right hand. And yep, you're right, those things hurt! But once they are done within a short time the finger does feel better. I just got discouraged the other day when it started in my other hand. Oh well....gotta live with it, and not let it get me down.This is a great group, I've learned alot already, and it sure is nice to have someone to share these things with. Hubby doesn't really understand, I don't think.--- "Jacy" <jacymail@...> wrote:From: "Jacy" <jacymail@...>Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:39:04 -0700<Rheumatoid Arthritis >Subject: Re: HelloWe all understand Katsha.You can get cortisone shots for the trigger fingers.The shots hurt like bloody hell but they do help.The ones I had lasted for about 6 months each time.Hugs, Jacy ~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind themost.

Guest guest

Hey, thanks for that info! If this thumb doesn't stop hurting I may end up

having to have the shot of novacaine. It seems to last quite a while with me,

once I have the shot. But it will be worth mentioning about having it numbed

first.

--- " Maggie " <meshouse@...> wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:40:58 -0500

<Rheumatoid Arthritis >

Subject: RE: Hello

Mine bounces from hand to hand, finger to finger. After two

hand sugeries I still get flare ups in the fingers and it is

discouraging. Last shot I had in the finger the RA doctor

sprayed the finger to numb it. Never had that done before, but

I barely felt the injection that way. Don't know if you had

yours numbed or not...but if you didn't, maybe your doctor can

numb it for you next time. The previous shots have lasted me

years. I'm a big baby and it didn't hurt this last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maggie

http://www.4HockeyFans.com

http://www.4FloridaHockey.com

MSN: Maggies1429

AOL: Maggies85

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:36 PM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hi Jacy,

I've had these shots in 2 fingers on my right hand. And yep,

you're right, those things hurt! But once they are done within

a short time the finger does feel better. I just got

discouraged the other day when it started in my other hand. Oh

well....gotta live with it, and not let it get me down.

This is a great group, I've learned alot already, and it sure

is nice to have someone to share these things with. Hubby

doesn't really understand, I don't think.

--- " Jacy " <jacymail@...> wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:39:04 -0700

<Rheumatoid Arthritis >

Hugs, Jacy ~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the

most.

Guest guest

How can you really understand until you've been there?

I didn't really "get it" before.

Hugs, Jacy

----- Original Message ----- From: katshapug@...

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 16:35

Hi Jacy,I've had these shots in 2 fingers on my right hand. And yep, you're right, those things hurt! But once they are done within a short time the finger does feel better. I just got discouraged the other day when it started in my other hand. Oh well....gotta live with it, and not let it get me down. This is a great group, I've learned alot already, and it sure is nice to have someone to share these things with. Hubby doesn't really understand, I don't think.--- "Jacy" <jacymail@...> wrote:From: "Jacy" <jacymail@...>Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:39:04 -0700<Rheumatoid Arthritis >Subject: Re: HelloWe all understand Katsha.You can get cortisone shots for the trigger fingers.The shots hurt like bloody hell but they do help.The ones I had lasted for about 6 months each time.Hugs, Jacy ~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind themost. jacymail@... IM: jacygal - ICQ: 96949087 www.geocities.com/mtn_roseWant a signature like this?----- Original Message -----From: KatshaRheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 20:11Subject: HelloHi everyone,I am on the new side of RA. I was diagnosed in Nov of 2004. Iwaslaid off from my job of 21 years in Dec, and it seems likesincethen, I have gotten worse in the pain department. I've nowdeveloped "trigger finger" which I've had before in my righthand,now in my left..... I was put on Mobic but didn't see anyreliefusing it, and the side affects I read about were BAD. Justtired ofhurting all the time. Some days I feel like I'm 100 years old.Thishas not only affected my hands but my feet too. Ok.........I'mwhining and I shouldn't...Not a good way to say I'm glad to bepartof the group. :-)

Guest guest

I will have to mention that. I am a needle wimp.

He offered to give me the injections this last visit and I said no.

Too many fingers and I just couldn't do shots that day.

Hugs, Jacy

----- Original Message ----- From: Maggie

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 16:40

Subject: RE: Hello

Mine bounces from hand to hand, finger to finger. After two hand sugeries I still get flare ups in the fingers and it is discouraging. Last shot I had in the finger the RA doctor sprayed the finger to numb it. Never had that done before, but I barely felt the injection that way. Don't know if you had yours numbed or not...but if you didn't, maybe your doctor can numb it for you next time. The previous shots have lasted me years. I'm a big baby and it didn't hurt this last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Maggiehttp://www.4HockeyFans.comhttp://www.4FloridaHockey.comMSN: Maggies1429AOL: Maggies85-----Original Message-----From: katshapug@... [mailto:katshapug@...]Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:36 PMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Re: HelloHi Jacy,I've had these shots in 2 fingers on my right hand. And yep, you're right, those things hurt! But once they are done within a short time the finger does feel better. I just got discouraged the other day when it started in my other hand. Oh well....gotta live with it, and not let it get me down.This is a great group, I've learned alot already, and it sure is nice to have someone to share these things with. Hubby doesn't really understand, I don't think.--- "Jacy" <jacymail@...> wrote:From: "Jacy" <jacymail@...>Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:39:04 -0700<Rheumatoid Arthritis >Subject: Re: HelloWe all understand Katsha.You can get cortisone shots for the trigger fingers.The shots hurt like bloody hell but they do help.The ones I had lasted for about 6 months each time.Hugs, Jacy ~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind themost.

Guest guest

I was really nervous getting it done, but the numbing spray really took away a lot of the pain. Alls I felt was a pinch. Wish that I had been numbed like that for past shots...but when it comes to feeling crappy all the time, or getting a shot, I'll take the shot even tho I am a big baby about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maggie

http://www.4HockeyFans.com

http://www.4FloridaHockey.com

MSN: Maggies1429

AOL: Maggies85

-----Original Message-----From: Jacy [mailto:jacymail@...]Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:17 PMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Re: Hello

I will have to mention that. I am a needle wimp.

He offered to give me the injections this last visit and I said no.

Too many fingers and I just couldn't do shots that day.

Guest guest

At least you found the right group.

red

--- In Rheumatoid Arthritis , " Katsha " <katshapug@n...>

wrote:

>

>

> Hi everyone,

> I am on the new side of RA. I was diagnosed in Nov of 2004. I was

> laid off from my job of 21 years in Dec, and it seems like since

> then, I have gotten worse in the pain department. I've now

> developed " trigger finger " which I've had before in my right hand,

> now in my left..... I was put on Mobic but didn't see any relief

> using it, and the side affects I read about were BAD. Just tired of

> hurting all the time. Some days I feel like I'm 100 years old. This

> has not only affected my hands but my feet too. Ok.........I'm

> whining and I shouldn't...Not a good way to say I'm glad to be part

> of the group. :-)

• 2 years later...

Hello Cyndi! It's so wonderful to have you here love. Many many blessings to you and those you love,Stefanie>> My name is Cyndi, I am new to the group so thought I would take a > moment just to say hello to everyone. > > Many blessings of love and light to you!>

hello everyone this is natasha hope to talk to everyone soon love all Stefanie <diddiejar@...> wrote: Hello Cyndi! It's so wonderful to have you here love. Many many blessings to you and those you love,Stefanie>> My name is Cyndi, I am new to the group so thought I

would take a > moment just to say hello to everyone. > > Many blessings of love and light to you!>

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

kia Ora Greetings!

& Blessings of good health, from NZ to you.

I'm new here too, & look forward to knowing you!

in Peace, Joy, Love & Abundance be,

Hine :-)

>

> My name is Cyndi, I am new to the group so thought I would take a

> moment just to say hello to everyone.

>

> Many blessings of love and light to you!

>

I too am new here....and giving thanks for finding this wonderful

site.....sending healing, peace,love and blessings to all, Serene---

In , " hine2atchu " <hinerau22@...> wrote:

>

> kia Ora Greetings!

> & Blessings of good health, from NZ to you.

> I'm new here too, & look forward to knowing you!

> in Peace, Joy, Love & Abundance be,

> Hine :-)

>

>

> >

> > My name is Cyndi, I am new to the group so thought I would take a

> > moment just to say hello to everyone.

> >

> > Many blessings of love and light to you!

> >

>